Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want to hear all about your daily self-care! I AM INTERESTED! i want new ideas for my own self-care. same routine gets boring sometimes:)

User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 July 5th, 2022

What is One thing you do daily to make sure you are taking care of yourself and providing self-care to help better your mental health?

tip: it's always good to switch up your self-care!
also, if you're unsure what self-care consists of, please check out this awesome link I provided
https://www.everydayhealth.com › self-care




This post is brought to you by the Content Development & Marketing Program. Find out more information about the program here

16
User Profile: WarmLightXO
WarmLightXO July 6th, 2022

@magicalOcean594

Oooh good question! I like to ask myself, "what do I need right now?" and then that's some self-care ideas :) It changes every day, just like me :p

But as far as suggestions go- I'm a big fan of driving around with loud music. Classic for a reason <3

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@WarmLightXO

thats a great one!!! Thank you for sharing

load more
User Profile: HealingTalk
HealingTalk July 6th, 2022

@magicalOcean594

Hi!

Interesting question...

Every day, after waking up, I stay a very long time sipping hot, dark tea, one small gulp every several minutes.

Sometimes sitting on the floor on a zafu, others on a chair, most times in silence, sometimes listening to calm music.

Always with very dim light, almost in darkness.

During the day, if I feel too stressed and burned out, I might take a short nap.

Going for a long walk without any other purpose than walking, helps me feel much better.

And listening to music I love, not as background music but paying full attention, (even if I have listened to the same music dozens or hundreds of times), also detoxifies my mind if needed.

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@HealingTalk

i enjoyed reading this, unique and different self care ! Thank you for sharing!

load more
User Profile: Torean
Torean July 6th, 2022

@magicalOcean594

I keep myself busy with balanced activities. Like, between work and stuff at home, I'll read comics, browse forums, study Spanish, work out, read books, do puzzles, stuff like that. And sometimes I'll just be laughing to myself about stuff I remember... My friends and I recorded a lot of hilarious things years ago and I still remember most of it, it never gets old, so I usually have something to laugh about.

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@Torean

laughing is such a great way for sel-care, taking time to reminisce the positive! Thank you for sharing! :) hope to see you post in other forums of mine.

load more
User Profile: Comfyshell05
Comfyshell05 July 6th, 2022

Well like everyone my self-care routine changes every time according to what I want at that moment.

Here are some of my self care tips

1. My fav code word is BFC: B for balloon, F for flowers/ food, and C for chocolates. I buy myself my fav BFC and then I feel better. Chocolate anyways boost your happy hormone.

2. When I want to distract myself, I like to listen songs in different languages (mainly the language I don't understand) and enjoy the music then I start grooving with it.

3. Cycling with songs: I feel really relaxed after cycling with my headphones on. I prefer going for cycling at night and feeling the music with scenery. This is I call me time.

4. Watch few episodes of your favorite comedy show like for me F.R.I.E.N.D.S always works the best. Keeping all the worries aside and laughing with heart and enjoying that moment.

I hope this helps

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@Comfyshell05

it was very helpful! Thank you so much for sharing comfy! Did you also know that chocolate is good for addicts in recovery whom are having cravings? It sets off the same receptors! Cool right!? And i loved the cycling part, maybe 🤔 i need to invest in a bike. Hope to see more of you in my other forums!

load more
User Profile: EmbStitcher33
EmbStitcher33 July 6th, 2022

To start my day out right (after answering the call of nature), I go outside with my camera. Capture a few pictures of our flowers, especially the Morning Glories, and I soak up a little morning sun. I just sit on the porch for a few minutes and just take in the birds, the wind, the leaves rattling in the wind... I started this little ritual when the Morning Glories started to bloom this year. Great de-stressing way to start my day.

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

ahhhh i love morning glories! So i imagine you like photography as a hobby is that correct? Great share! Thank you!

load more
User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 July 6th, 2022

@magicalOcean594

one idea that i have for daily self care is identifying with activities and things that make you happy, and making time in your schedule for these activities and things!!!

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@NewYorker11

yes i COMPLETLY agree with you!

Also a tip: is setting boundaries, saying no, and being alone but present with yourself is all emotional healthy self care tips also:)

thanks for sharing!!!

load more
User Profile: Zarram77
Zarram77 July 6th, 2022

@magicalOcean594 I listen to horror stories on YouTube and read them on a very good website. I really enjoy reading them 💖

1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@Zarram77

I did that for awhile! Have you ever watched the one girl her title is called murder mystery and make up?! Shes great!

Thank you for sharing

load more
User Profile: versatileLake2802
versatileLake2802 July 6th, 2022

One of two things:

  1. Cuddling my dog
  2. Napping with soothing sounds
1 reply
User Profile: magicalOcean594
magicalOcean594 OP July 6th, 2022

@versatileLake2802

love the self care!

Thank you for sharing :)

load more