Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Grateful heart, Culture & Self-Esteem

User Profile: Tazzie
Tazzie November 6th, 2019

1. List 3 things you are grateful for today.


3. How has your culture positively influenced your self-esteem?

Join our Around the World Community Taglist here!

22
User Profile: YourLittleFriend
YourLittleFriend November 7th, 2019

@Tazzie

1. 💙 My mother.

💚 The 91% I got on my accounting test today.

💜 The amazingly warm blanket that I'm in now.

3. My culture is really diverse and free. We have a lot of different choices and can voice our beliefs to an extent. I am really lucky to live in a community with so much freedom and the support it provides.

User Profile: courageousPurple57
courageousPurple57 November 7th, 2019

@Tazzie

1. List 3 things you are grateful for today.

I am grateful for whatever i have today all my luxuries

good health

and Familyy


3. How has your culture positively influenced your self-esteem?

our culture is actually mixed combines with lots of british and indian culture and has Religious uniformity and full religious freedom which i suppose has a positive impact on many people and ofcourse me even it has many negative impacts many conservativity judgements which has a huge negative impact on self esteem but thats where i have been and a part of it !!

User Profile: Yourlifeisworthy
Yourlifeisworthy November 7th, 2019

@Tazzie

1. List 3 things you are grateful for today.

• For met one of my friends and for having her in my life

• For not having financial issues

• For can help people at least listening to them and giving them some peace/confort

3. How has your culture positively influenced your self-esteem?

My culture has protectived my self-esteem as a woman from the patriarchy in the society

User Profile: LPyMP
LPyMP November 7th, 2019

1. Life

2. Family

3. Mini vacay tomorrow

it has has influenced my self esteem greatly bc I am reminded of all the struggles my culture has overcome and it reminds me that I too can overcome my struggles and prevail. I feel like my culture is opening and inviting, trusting and loving and living and so family oriented. It helps me be that care free bada$$ who can still be and have the biggest great despit all prejudice and prejudgments. I have Aztec warrior blood in my veins and I will not give up. I will always fight for what is right and for what I believe in. SOY MEXICANA ORGULLOSAMENTE!

User Profile: LexIris
LexIris November 7th, 2019

@Tazzie

1. List 3 things you are grateful for today.

- My fitness tracker

- My closest friend

- My bed! (I got home late today so I was quite pleased to jump on it)


2. How has your culture positively influenced your self-esteem?

Um... I actually don't know tbh

1 reply
User Profile: LexIris
LexIris November 7th, 2019

@LexIris

Oof wait I have one! I'm super proud to be black and Nigerian. At first, I wasn't because of the bad reputation that Nigerians have globally but after a while, I realised that there was no need to be ashamed of being Nigerian. We have diverse cultures and languages, Nigeria is the largest black country in the world, the people are just... awesome and I don't have to worry about racism :D Also, I like our spirit. UP NAIJA! NAIJA FOR LIFE! heart

load more
User Profile: LightDragon
LightDragon November 7th, 2019

1) I am grateful for my cats who always provide me with a source of entertainment and adorable ness. I am grateful for friends who are supportive of my identity and are there for me if I need them. I am grateful for this device Im on that allows me to connect with people from different cultures and countries, as well as inspire me and let me share some of my ideas.

2) The culture in my country is currently hurting my self-esteem as I feel powerless to be able to stop any of the hate that is going on and I am part of one of the groups being hated upon. The culture among my friends boosts my self-esteem as we all like to make jokes, help eachother out, and can be who we really are around each other.

User Profile: bouncyVoice4149
bouncyVoice4149 November 8th, 2019

Three things I am grateful for are-

my family

food and shelter

my health

Culture has improved my self-esteem as my country is quite multicultural and diverse. We all feel heard an supported for our opinions and people are really supportive of each other

User Profile: lyricalAngel70
lyricalAngel70 November 8th, 2019

@Tazzie

Three things I'm grateful for today:

-My family

-Positive people in my life

-​My religion

How my culture has helped me:

-I am an Indian & our values, beliefs, customs, traditions is very close to my heart. The teachings of our elders is instilled in my mind & heart. I try my best to follow them in each and everything I do. I do not believe in leaving these essential values behind in my everyday walk of life. I believe following the values and beliefs to where you belong makes you a better person. And I can say proudly that what I am today has a lot to do with my culture.

User Profile: helpfulpanda2468
helpfulpanda2468 August 1st, 2020

I am grateful for my

1. friends

2. family

3. boyfriend

I improved my self esteem after betting out of a relationship type thing, I realized I was better than this and I distracted myself by going to tutoring and improving academically.

User Profile: SympathyofSong
SympathyofSong August 30th, 2020

i am grateful for the possibilities that are yet to come when we stop segregation on all realms of existence. Lov3 is for all of us together, please & thank you for your kindness.

1 reply
User Profile: AleshaS04
AleshaS04 October 8th, 2020

@SympathyofSong me too!!

load more