Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What new language would you like to learn/you are learning..

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever April 7th, 2017

Hello,

Is there a language in your mind that you want to learn or you are learning.. Share with us! :)

753
User Profile: SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES
SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES August 20th, 2017

i am tackling Italian, Spanish, French and Egyptian Arabic on and off

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 24th, 2017

@SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES Woaaaah! Lots of languages! :D

User Profile: SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES
SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES August 24th, 2017

heartheartheart@YourFriendforever

load more
October 2nd, 2017

wow wow that's a lot. You must be amazing personwink

load more
User Profile: apparent
apparent August 21st, 2017

I speak english and mandarin, but would love to learn spanish! Starting to learn a bit of french now :)

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 24th, 2017

@apparent Wow, teach me some Spanish too. I know a bit. :P

load more
User Profile: youwillfindaway
youwillfindaway August 25th, 2017

I know a bit of French but definitely not enough, so thats something I want to get fluent in

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 31st, 2017

@youwillfindaway I know you'll do it! Good luck! :D

load more
User Profile: ifyouknowtocountcountwithme
ifyouknowtocountcountwithme August 26th, 2017

Japanese mainly but others too. It can be Italian, Portuguese, German... =)

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 31st, 2017

@ifyouknowtocountcountwithme Hope you learn these pretty soon! <3

User Profile: ifyouknowtocountcountwithme
ifyouknowtocountcountwithme September 2nd, 2017

@YourFriendforever I'll let you know =)

load more
load more
User Profile: HopefulDeer8531
HopefulDeer8531 August 27th, 2017

I would really like to learn German . I've always felt that it has a very sophisticated vibe to it.

User Profile: astray
astray August 28th, 2017

@HopefulDeer8531 Was meinst du damit?

User Profile: HopefulDeer8531
HopefulDeer8531 August 28th, 2017

@astray lol. I had to Google Translate that. What I mean by that is that german just sounds really classy. :)

User Profile: astray
astray August 28th, 2017

@HopefulDeer8531 haha sorry i could have translated for you.

User Profile: HopefulDeer8531
HopefulDeer8531 August 31st, 2017

@astray That's okay

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 31st, 2017

@HopefulDeer8531 Wooah thats so cool!

User Profile: HopefulDeer8531
HopefulDeer8531 August 31st, 2017

@YourFriendforever Thanks☺

load more
load more
User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk August 28th, 2017

I've taken 3 courses for Korean. I can understand conversational dialogues now, and can read it no problem. It's just speaking it that I'll definitely need more practice in. I do wish to vacation in Korea!~

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 31st, 2017

@Jaeteuk Woaah. I started learning the Korean language, so do teach me some of the words. :P

User Profile: Jaeteuk
Jaeteuk September 1st, 2017

@YourFriendforever

The only kind of TV Dramas I watch are Korean Dramas, and about 90% of my music library are of Korean songs. Try and watch some Dramas with subtitles, you'll be able to catch simple words and phrases easily. It's just that the form of conversation might be more slang than formal speech. If my mum can understand certain words, anyone can..heheh.

Of course, in actual Korean Courses, you learn the basics, then the grammar, then the differences of speaking to someone younger, same age, and older than you. They all have different forms. That is what I found the most difficult to understand and remember (still having trouble with it).

I have a friend who uses the phone app: HelloTalk. It's basically like making friends with people of whom you want to learn the language of, in real time, and you can teach each other. My friend uses it for Korean and Japanese, he really likes the app. Maybe you can give that a try too!~

User Profile: Mountainmystic777
Mountainmystic777 August 30th, 2018

@Jaeteuk that's amazing. It must be confusing remember all the rules regarding different people! But I love K-pop toooooo.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: azura1898
azura1898 August 28th, 2017

I will master my English first, then Korean (really have to go beyond reading without understanding it) and probably German.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 31st, 2017

@azura1898 Go ahead, if you need any kinda help you can ping up! :)

load more
User Profile: coolkidkili
coolkidkili August 30th, 2017

Native English speaker here! I studied Italian in high school and undergrad and loved every minute of it and now I'm teaching myself Japanese on Duolingo. I've always loved Japanese and have been desperate to learn it but never had the time or resources. Now that I've graduated, I have both! It's hard but I couldn't be happier and the challenge only inspires me to work harder.

User Profile: inventiveWheel
inventiveWheel August 31st, 2017

@coolkidkili Hey, I like the Japanese language too. I visited there as a tourist but alone not as a group and stayed in youth hostels I really like the food also not just the sushi. I use duolingo but would like to know if there is another app you like better. Some of those apps make you spell a lot of words many times when you have already learned it.

Good luck.

User Profile: coolkidkili
coolkidkili September 4th, 2017

@inventiveWheel Hey there! Right now I'm mostly relying on Duolingo but am experimenting with a lot of other things, too. I found a free app just yesterday called Kanji Study that shows a lot of promise. I also really like JA Sensei, but I'm saving up Google Play credit to unlock the full version.

I also have digital copies of the Genki textbooks, workbooks, and accompanying CDs, and I love it so far. It's answering a lot of questions and filling in gaps Duolingo leaves, especially regarding grammar.

load more
User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP August 31st, 2017

@coolkidkili Work harder and wish you all the best! <3

load more
User Profile: animator23
animator23 September 1st, 2017

I've been learning French for almost a year. Still need to improve on listening and writing.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP September 3rd, 2017

@animator23 Good luck with that.. <3

load more
User Profile: AmyJulianna
AmyJulianna September 5th, 2017

I speak English and Mandarin, and would love to improve my French and Spanish, and maybe learn German or Japanese.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP September 8th, 2017

@AmyJulianna wow.. wish you luck!

User Profile: Booklover95
Booklover95 October 6th, 2017

@AmyJulianna I can help with Spanish if you want :)

load more