Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One word to describe how I feel today is....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 27th, 2018

One word to describe how I feel today is....



You can also join us in: Depression Group Support Chat here

6448
User Profile: Teapower
Teapower February 26th, 2024

go

User Profile: tealBear2472
tealBear2472 February 27th, 2024

Disconnected

User Profile: Teapower
Teapower March 1st, 2024

good


User Profile: TreaureSeekers3
TreaureSeekers3 March 1st, 2024

Sad 

User Profile: bluehouse2020
bluehouse2020 March 2nd, 2024

Terrible

User Profile: justneedafriend28
justneedafriend28 March 3rd, 2024

Lost

User Profile: steph8402
steph8402 March 3rd, 2024

@Laura

introspective

User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 March 5th, 2024

...tired.


(of being alive)

User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 March 5th, 2024

...futile.

5 replies
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 March 5th, 2024

@slowdecline48

Hey, J.,

What is going on?  Maybe we can sympathize with each other.  I'm feeling pretty dead.

4 replies
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 March 5th, 2024

@purpleTree4652 A good bit of lower back pain. Also, yesterday my IBS was acting up (my a.s.s was a volcano at times, guts on fire through most of the morning), had to wait almost 40 minutes past the appointment time to see who I was supposed to see because there was a ton of patients there & all the docs & staff were getting slammed, so I had to wait.

Today will be the 4th day of back pain, by the way. Life stinks generally.

What's going on with you?

3 replies
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 March 5th, 2024

@slowdecline48

I'm sorry about the pain and the volcano and waiting at the doc.  

I have to take my car to the garage this afternoon because another tire keeps losing air, and I know I'll be waiting for hours.

I was also basically let go from my job.  They are giving me *** answers saying the budget was cut.  I know that isn't the case.  I know it's because they screwed me and I caught them, in writing.  Yesterday they told me that my last day will be the 3rd of May due to budget cuts, and I confronted them about it.  I didn't get irate.  I just told them how disturbing it was and that this could affect my education.  I'll get a job, even if it's McDonald's.  But I'm over life.  If I didn't have my cat, I'd end it.  I have too many life emergencies and I am really tired of operating in emergency mode.  I have brutal classes this semester and I'm supposed to keep functioning and get good grades.  I had two professors who were talking to me and were on my side and they have suddenly quit talking to me.  I'm guessing they were told not to talk to me about personal issues.  I'm also expecting to get fired now.  So I have no people in life who care about me again.  It's just too much.  My life has taken a nosedive.

2 replies
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 March 5th, 2024

@purpleTree4652 All of it is bad news, dear. 😔

If you didn't already have your hands full, I'd suggest looking into legal remedies for that impending firing. If you caught management or the company in something & you have evidence on paper then the instant they let you go, you have a wrongful termination case. But you already have everything else going on & don't need another problem to handle, presumably.

We need better luck than we're getting, dammit...

1 reply
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 March 5th, 2024

@slowdecline48

You're right about not needing another problem. 

I applied for a student loan for the summer.  I'm just waiting for it to come through.  Without it I wouldn't be able to pay my bills.

I just can't believe how bad my life is.  

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 March 5th, 2024

terrible