new to depression support in august? hi! introduce yourself to us!
this one also (somewhat) rhymes teehee
helloo all new depression support subscribers, welcome to the depression support community! thank you for joining us! and happy friendship day too :)
you are welcomed, supported, and heard, especially in this community. feel free to introduce yourself (in this post) and get involved in this lovely place; we hope you like it here!
feel free to check out some of our recent events, national days, useful posts, and resources! (everything in blue is clickable):
✦ national vanilla ice cream day
✦ national sugar day
✦ what do you truly like to do?
✦ join our depression support chatroom
✦ find a friend
✦ take the emotional wellness test
✦ depression support guide
✦ depression resources masterpost
✦ a note to you (from me)
a question for you : currently, what is/are your favourite chatroom/s here on 7cups and why?
tagging some new subscribers! : @quietKite5450 @littleSpruce1105 @shyCircle7569 @LimeJuice0208 @AsprinBrews @indecisiveplantlady @avaniw006 @intuitiveCircle1473 @Bladee6 @frankBlueberry7010 @shel84 @EmeraldHearts @Pinklybleu @MOTHIECORE @Captain1614 @jordan1585 @itshaya @tallPeach741 @HANOOD234 @dayOwl @brightMaple3166 @Momof322
hope you all have a lovely day/night, and know that you are never alone, especially here. we’re all so proud of you, keep going <3
-S x
Hi! You can call me KeDe. I am 1 day new here and pretty confused. I’ve posted here and there and have realized I can’t then go someplace central (that I can find) to see my posts to follow the conversation. I’ve since discovered I can follow a thread. But being frustrated with your abilities when you are depressed is just icing on the cake. I am going through a life change and it is going very badly. I had a career and lived in a major city 20 years ago. We moved so my husband could have his dream job since I was then pregnant with my second anyway. It was hard and isolating but I eventually made friends. Now we had to move because of my husband again and I feel like it’s broken me. I’ve left my only two friends. My kids are grown and don’t need me. In fact I annoy the high schooler. She is often quite short with me. My husband is short tempered and likes to get his way. I am mentally and emotionally just wasting away and I feel like they don’t care. I need to get better without them because they have told me they are not really willing or able or available to be what I need. After a fight with my husband I ended up at my parents house yesterday. So I have lost my career, my friends, my immediate family, my self esteem and now my house. I sacrificed everything for my husband and my kids. And now I don’t have them. They have a million things in their lives to keep them going but because I had sacrificed my career, interests, etc for them, they were all I had. I know I don’t literally have nothing. But it hurts horribly.
@imlistening01
Hey guys, I'm struggling with a lot - I have severe depression, ED and BPD. Also I just had a breakup. So i'm full of joy. However I have help and will deal with my ed hopefully soon. i'm gonna survive and you'll shall too.
Hello everyone, it's my first reply here on 7cups so it feels kinda weird, but anyways. I'm Rafal and I struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. In the past I've struggled with bullying and eating disorders. I still have struggles with food but not as much as I used to. I like horses and philosophy and I love to read books. I hope that was an okay introduction 😂
Hi, you can call me Melon. I'm 33. This is my second time going thru a depressive episode . This is also the worst I've ever been . I have a 5 month old and it started when I found out I was pregnant and it avalanched when she was 3 months old. I have never felt this low for this long . My therapist doesn't want me to ask when will I get better ; but it's all I ever think about. I am goal oriented..not so much self motivated . If I knew what I was working towards , it would be easier to push thru this fog or smog that I face daily . My emotions don't obey me; I cry when I don't want to , or when I shouldn't and I get angry when I don't need to . Please tell me it gets better , Because I can't continue like this. I have a lot of questions and I hope I can talk to someone who knows what I'm experiencing.
Hello all.
I'm from India. 25 years old male suffering from anxiety, stress and depression. I have mostly self diagnosed myself but I'm pretty sure I'm quite right at the judgement as I have valid reasons to justify my diagnosis.
Anyway, I'm not even a day old here and so still exploring the app. I hope it will be good support for me
Hi lets bw friend if you are guy! Im 23 guy in arizona state university
Hey. Yes I'm a boy. And sure :)
Hello, I'm Kiwi... I'm a very socially awkward/anxious 19 year old. I suffer from depression, ptsd, social anxiety. I'm hoping to find help here...I tend to be rather closed off and nervous since I'm not used to people actually caring and wanting to hear what is going on with me so sorry in advance I guess... currently my only therapy is my dogs... but besides all that when I do feel better, not depressed or anything. I enjoy listening to others and trying to help them since I don't want anyone to feel like I feel... I don't like the thought of others hurting... anywho I think that is a good introduction for myself, if not then sorry
Ho. I'm 33 and I've never held a full-time job. Did I mention I graduated college magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa? So you can see why I'm depressed. It was easier to think things would get better back when I was in my 20s, but so many years of being rejected so many times really weighs on you, as does seeing how much of a disappointment you are. I can't help but internalize it all.
Anyway, my yearly depressive episode has lasted longer this year--a few months instead of a few weeks. It got really bad last week, and that led to self-medicating, which I realized wasn't sustainable, so I finally reached out. And now I'm here.
Hi I’m 19 and am struggling with severe depression, anxiety, expressing emotions, and loneliness. I’ve been depressed as far as I can remember and have been ignored whenever I’ve reached out to friends for help and have been desperate to talk to anyone so this is my first day on this app. There usually isn’t a day that goes by without me always feeling like a burden or a failure. Sometimes when people reach out to me though I can get really nervous and stressed out so I’m trying something new here.
Hi everyone I’m new here, you can call me Shine :) Just another super depressed person trying to get by. I am so desperate at this point for anything to help me so here I am! Mental illness sucks.
Hi I'm new I've struggled with depression in many different ways over the years but today at this point I'm deal with losing someone i let get close to me and then broke my heart 💔