new to depression support in august? hi! introduce yourself to us!
this one also (somewhat) rhymes teehee
helloo all new depression support subscribers, welcome to the depression support community! thank you for joining us! and happy friendship day too :)
you are welcomed, supported, and heard, especially in this community. feel free to introduce yourself (in this post) and get involved in this lovely place; we hope you like it here!
feel free to check out some of our recent events, national days, useful posts, and resources! (everything in blue is clickable):
✦ national vanilla ice cream day
✦ national sugar day
✦ what do you truly like to do?
✦ join our depression support chatroom
✦ find a friend
✦ take the emotional wellness test
✦ depression support guide
✦ depression resources masterpost
✦ a note to you (from me)
a question for you : currently, what is/are your favourite chatroom/s here on 7cups and why?
tagging some new subscribers! : @quietKite5450 @littleSpruce1105 @shyCircle7569 @LimeJuice0208 @AsprinBrews @indecisiveplantlady @avaniw006 @intuitiveCircle1473 @Bladee6 @frankBlueberry7010 @shel84 @EmeraldHearts @Pinklybleu @MOTHIECORE @Captain1614 @jordan1585 @itshaya @tallPeach741 @HANOOD234 @dayOwl @brightMaple3166 @Momof322
hope you all have a lovely day/night, and know that you are never alone, especially here. we’re all so proud of you, keep going <3
-S x
Hi. I'm new here. I'm a 40 year old married mother of four. I have depression. I often feel guilty for feeling depressed, especially when I'm neglecting things that need to be done.
A close family member is moving far away in a few days and this has triggered a pretty bad depressive episode right now.
I hate introducing myself, urg... hi. I'm a married (35 years) mother of 2 grown boys who are the reason im alive. I'm currently on meds and therapy for severe depression. The last year has been a whirlwind of discovery for me, I hope to start making true progress.
hi, i’m 21, in university and struggling to keep my grades afloat. Dxed with depression, social anxiety & agoraphobia but I think there’s still dermatillomania and cptsd thats not in the picture yet. I’ve been on medication for 1.5 years yet still have constant suicidal ideation :/ covid delayed my therapy so i’m only going in for my first session in two weeks’. i hope i don’t get sent to the ER ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi I’m Sip… I’ve been dealing with depression ever since my grandmother passed away after that my whole is gone. That took me out. I’m trying to cope with things, but sometimes I’m getting better I think and if something else happens I don’t like I’m back to square one. God is the only reason why I’m still here and I thank him for it. Blessings to everyone! Trust in God to get you where you need to be. Have full faith 🙌🏽🙏🏽
Hi, I'm helpfulfarm1166, I'm new. I'm depressed all the time. I'm on medication but they don't work.
I’ve never taken medication for mental illness but from what I’ve heard and seen, it doesn’t do much other than make you tired, hungry, or bored. Try to surround yourself with friends, especially funny people. Comedy can do wonders for a broken soul.
Um, hello. My name is Kody, although I normally go by Koko online. I've been dealing with depression ever since I was a little kid, I've always been shunned from groups and bullied and never really had a good support system. Not even my own family helped me, and more often than not they would contribute to my depression. There have been very long stretches of my life where I was getting nothing but negative stimulus in my brain so I now am super sensitive to pretty much everything and my entire day or sometimes week can be made or broken by even small things. I still don't have the best support system but that's kind of why I'm here, I'm hoping that this will help fulfill any needs not being covered by my friends. Hopefully this works out, I have a lot of things In my brain that I would like to unpack as I get more comfortable and settle in.
I feel you... it’s because all those over arching things in our lives make even the smallest things seem absolutely horrible. But, sometimes small good things can have a really big impact too. Like, I don’t think people really understand how much it means to me when they do little nice things. This one time, a girl asked to switch spots with someone to be closer to me during a choir performance. She later explained that she felt comfortable around me and enjoyed my presence. That tiny thing happened 3 years ago and it has stuck with me to this day. Positivity and goodness means so much...
Hi I'm #legendarytalker. I have depression and anxiety that personally attacks me every day... thanks for coming to my Ted talk...🤣🤣
Valid hdksshsh 💀
I’m not good with posting stuff and anything related to forums, so I hope this works. I’m a 19 year old college student suffering from symptoms of depression, anxiety, and ocd. It’s gotten particularly bad recently and I can’t go a single day without thinking intensely about death or my family dying, due to recent events. I’ve signed up for the therapy my school provides, and I have a crap ton of self help apps now. For some reason, I can’t seem to be happy unless I work myself to death. Strange...