Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

new to depression support in january 2022? welcome, come on in and introduce yourself!

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE January 2nd, 2022

_1641094755.image.jpeg

hello hello and welcome to the depression support community in 2022! we're so happy you've joined us going into this new year <3

feel free to check out some of our recent events and helpful posts below (all text in blue is clickable):

here's a question for you: what are you most excited for in 2022?

tagging new subscribers:@shyApricot7881 @Alcohology @Snowdrop5 @maxiepexie @limeLunch9572 @D3adPers0nLiv1ng @roselynace22 @honestTangerine8707 @CodyGroves @joeneedshelP2 @philosophicalBeing2335 @sociableCake6340 @C0sm0mcneil @B34nz @SevenCoughNine @mrniceguymohsin @Hans223 @tallWriter3650 @RavenEyes @secretFriend7657

44
User Profile: WayneWonda
WayneWonda January 10th, 2022

Hello everyone,


I'm new here. I'm a 39 year old male and suffer from depression.

I remember it like it was yesterday. In 2007 I was laying around not doing anything after graduating college. I didn't have a job at the time. I was on the phone witha friend and all of sudden this dark cloud came over me and I felt like I was in a pit. I just want hope.


User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 10th, 2022

@WayneWonda

hi wayne, welcome to depression support! thank you so much for introducing yourself :)

that sounds like a very scary time :( feeling as though we have a dark cloud over us makes everything a lot more challenging - i'm so sorry that you experienced that.

all of us on 7 cups are more than happy to support you - we're all here for you!

wishing and hoping nothing but the best for you <3 you're so strong. thank you for joining us and reaching out, i'm proud of you for doing so!

load more
User Profile: brokenangel04
brokenangel04 January 10th, 2022

Hello and thank you..

I am looking forward to finding me again. Loving me again.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 10th, 2022

@brokenangel04

hi angel, welcome to depression support!

the journey to finding and loving ourselves again can be challenging, but i believe in you <3 all of us on 7 cups are here to support you and be there for you throughout your journey. we care about you - you're so strong and thank you so much for joining us! we're happy you're here :) i hope you're able to get all the support you deserve! wishing you the best ❤️

load more
User Profile: querencia798
querencia798 January 11th, 2022

Hi, everyone. My name is Anika.

I don't quite know if I am doing the right thing by joining this group or whether it is gonna be useful or not..but...I had to do something. I have been suffering from depression for the last 4-5 years. I feel like I have hit bottom low in the last 2 years. I cannot live with this loneliness so I just had to reach somewhere to get myself heard. I am tired of typical advices you hear people tell severely depressed people. It's some actual help I need. As of now I only and only have the energy to write this much to give a brief idea. I know I haven't been clear about my issues etc.

Going deep into my issues drains all my energy because I have done it uncountable times during these few years and it's extremely hurtful and I need to prepare myself and be in a certain headspace before I can do that.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 13th, 2022

@anikaasad

hi anika, welcome to depression support!

we're so happy to have you here <3 i'm so sorry to hear that you've been suffering from depression for the past 4-5 years :( struggling with something as tough as depression for so long can be so draining, so i completely understand why you feel you have hit rock bottom. as hard as it is to live with these feelings of loneliness, you reached out and made an account on 7 cups. you even made a forum post and introduced yourself! that's so incredible and i'm so proud of you for joining us! all of us on 7 cups are here for you and care about you. we are hear to listen to you and would be more than happy to support you through whatever you may be feeling <3 wishing you nothing but the best, you got this

load more
User Profile: SomethingJake
SomethingJake January 12th, 2022

life hasn’t given me any reason to be hopeful. I’m 27 and I am completely alone in life and just above the poverty line, barely able to keep a roof over my head and some days can’t even keep my stomach full. Why should I be alive past this year?

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 13th, 2022

@SomethingJake

hi jake, welcome to depression support!

i'm so sorry to hear that life hasn't given you a reason to be hopeful :( your situation sounds really challenging, so i can definitely understand why you feel this way. feeling alone is an extremely tough thing to deal with, especially struggling with financial issues on top of that. although you are going through something so hard, you took a huge step, made an account on 7 cups, and even made a forum post introducing yourself. those are huge, incredible steps and i'm so proud of you for doing so. we're so happy you're here! just to mention, if you are experiencing any thoughts of suicide, please visit 7cups.com/crisis for resources as we are not a crisis site. however, we're all here for you and more than happy to support you through whatever life throws your way. know that on 7 cups, you have a huge wall of support behind you - you are not alone <3 wishing you the best, you got this!

load more
User Profile: JamFilledBell
JamFilledBell January 13th, 2022

Hi everyone, I used to have a different account on here but abandoned it about a year ago, I’m back now because I want to get better. I’ve been depressed practically all my life, more specifically since I was 10 years old, thinks just got worse and worse and I recently considered ending my life, that is what led me here.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 14th, 2022

@JamFilledBell

hello hello, welcome back to 7 cups! we're so happy to have you join us again <3

i'm so sorry to hear that you've been depressed for so much of your life and that things have gotten worse :( feeling as though our depression is not improving is such a challenging thing to feel and can be so discouraging. you aren't alone and i hope you can find some helpful resources and get the support you deserve here!

however, if your other account is still active and wasn't removed by admin, please email community@7cups.com to be sure as we can only have one active account - and just to mention, if you are experiencing any active thoughts of suicide, please visit 7cups.com/crisis for crisis resources as we are unfortunately not a crisis site and not trained to support those going through those situations. however, we're all here for you and more than happy to support you through whatever life throws your way. know that on 7 cups, you have a huge wall of support behind you <3 wishing you the best, you got this!

load more
User Profile: plumDrum6386
plumDrum6386 January 15th, 2022

Hello, I'm trying this app out because I can't afford therapy right now. I've been depressed for about 15 years, with better and worse days. I am going to be 30 this year and that feeling is settling in.. like I am not as successful as I wanted to be by the time I turned 30. I try to focus on the positives, like my loving and supportive spouse, but the world is very scary right now and it's getting hard to think positively about my future.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 26th, 2022

@plumDrum6386

hello hello, welcome to depression support and 7 cups!

thinking about the things we may have wanted to achieve and feeling as though we aren't successful is extremely challenging - i completely understand how that may be scary for you :( it's normal for thinking about the future to be challenging as well, it can be a pretty nerve wracking thing to think about! luckily, it's never too late to work towards goals, and small goals can be super helpful! i'm so proud of you for being able to try and focus on the positives :) i'm so happy to hear that you have a loving and supporting spouse, that's really incredible! it's more than okay to have our down days - we all do. we're so happy to have you here and i hope you're able to get the support you deserve <3 wishing you the best!

load more
User Profile: wolfman77
wolfman77 January 15th, 2022

Hi, I am in my mid 40's and not very good with social media. I have thoughts of self hate and unworthiness for decades but this year is going to be the hardest. My wife and I are starting a divorce and what makes it hard is that I am the one responsible. I never could let go of those feelings to let my self be happy and ended up hurting the people I am supposed to love and protect.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 26th, 2022

@wolfman77

hi, welcome!

social media can be super hard to navigate - if you need any help with navigating 7 cups, we're here for you :)

i'm so sorry to hear that you have thoughts of self hate and unworthiness :( it sounds like this year is really challenging for you and it's completely normal to feel the way that you do. you are not alone. getting divorced is a really tough thing to have to go through, especially if we feel as though we're responsible. the thoughts in your mind are not your fault. trying to be happy and push away those thoughts can really be one of the hardest things to do for all of us and it can take a long time to learn how we can cope with those tough feelings! i hope you're able to find some helpful resources and the support you deserve here <3 we're here with you and to support you

load more
User Profile: UberRuminator
UberRuminator January 25th, 2022

@EmmaE

Hello:

I have been on the site for a bit, but just joined this sub-community today.

I lost one parent suddenly in 2018 and then the other in 2020. One month later, I had a major heart attack.

While I have had bouts of depression ever since, it has become increasingly worse along with my steadily failing health.

I am trying to find help from someone (professional) in my area who deals with depression due to trauma and worsening health.

In the interim, I thought I would see if there might be anything in this community.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 26th, 2022

@UberRuminator

hello hello! we're so happy to have you join depression support, thank you so much for becoming a friend in our community :)

it sounds like you've had a really challenging past few years :( i'm so sorry for your losses! i can't imagine how challenging this must have been for you, especially to have a major heart attack so soon after. having our depression and health get worse over time can be so challenging, but you aren't alone. i'm so proud of you for reaching out to a professional in your area and i really hope they're able to help you, that's a really huge step and takes a lot of strength! i hope you're able to find some helpful things in our subcommunity and get the support you deserve. i'm glad that you're here <3

load more