Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

new to depression support in january 2022? welcome, come on in and introduce yourself!

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE January 2nd, 2022

_1641094755.image.jpeg

hello hello and welcome to the depression support community in 2022! we're so happy you've joined us going into this new year <3

feel free to check out some of our recent events and helpful posts below (all text in blue is clickable):

here's a question for you: what are you most excited for in 2022?

tagging new subscribers:@shyApricot7881 @Alcohology @Snowdrop5 @maxiepexie @limeLunch9572 @D3adPers0nLiv1ng @roselynace22 @honestTangerine8707 @CodyGroves @joeneedshelP2 @philosophicalBeing2335 @sociableCake6340 @C0sm0mcneil @B34nz @SevenCoughNine @mrniceguymohsin @Hans223 @tallWriter3650 @RavenEyes @secretFriend7657

44
User Profile: Hans223
Hans223 January 2nd, 2022

hi everyone,

my name is not important. I‘ve a depression since many years. But in the last 18 months it‘s getting worse and worse.

I‘m in treatment but it‘s not helping. I‘m 40 years old and feel so empty. The last year my head started to have suicidal thoughts. The only reason I‘m still alive is my wife.

I found the 7 Cups App and thought give it a try.


regards

User Profile: anonyLemon4233
anonyLemon4233 January 2nd, 2022

I feel your pain. The emptiness can be so heavy.

It's good you are supported. I've lived on my own through so many depressive episodes I don't even remember how many times. I'm scared of waking up. But fear if I lose ability to take care of myself there are not much options. But each time I find less and less reasons to go on.

May you find kindness towards yourself, gratitude for your support system and may you find a treatment which helps. Wishing you well

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 2nd, 2022

@Hans223

hello hello, welcome to depression support!

i'm so sorry to hear that you've had depression for many years and that it's been getting worse over the last 18 months :( it was really incredible of you to go for treatment - that's such a huge step and i'm so proud of you for trying to work towards getting better, even if your treatment may not be helping at this moment! i completely understand that feeling of emptiness - please know that you aren't alone. there are so many people on 7 cups that feel similarly to you and we are more than happy to support you through this challenging time in your life.

however, if you are currently experiencing suicidal thoughts, please visit 7cups.com/crisis to reach out to crisis websites/resources, as 7 cups is unfortunately not a crisis resource and listeners here are not professionals, so we are unable to provide you with the support you deserve during that time.

i'm so happy that you have found 7 cups and hope it can provide you with all the support you deserve <3 we're here for and care about you. thank you so much for introducing yourself and i hope things look up for you soon!

User Profile: WayneWonda
WayneWonda January 10th, 2022

I can definitely relate. I been suffering from depression for a long time now. I was prescribed a antidepressants but quit shortly after which probably messed me up more in the long run. I eventually go into remission for and it's comes back heavier. This latest bout is very overwhelming which brought me here. I pray you get some resolve soon and whenever you want to talk I'll be here.

load more
User Profile: affectionateLunch3000
affectionateLunch3000 January 2nd, 2022

Hey, I guess I’m here because I’m feeling really tired and hopeless lately. I’ve had depression since I was 9 and have never had remission. 22 years of therapy, 12 different medications, tms, and ketamine, and nothing works. I keep thinking that I don’t want to live like this anymore. A few days ago I realized I’ve been thinking that for 15 years. I’ll keep trying and trying but I think I need more support from a community like this. I have an amazing personal support system, but maybe a dedicated place full of strangers will be a good add on for me.

User Profile: anonyLemon4233
anonyLemon4233 January 2nd, 2022

That's a lot of hardship you've gone through. Sometimes it seems we will never get to fully understand this illness.

I hope you can find solace and a therapy which helps

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 2nd, 2022

@affectionateLunch3000

hi and welcome to depression support :)

i'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling tired and hopeless lately :( it sounds like you've gone through a lot, so i completely understand why you feel that way. it's normal and okay to feel the way you do, especially after trying to hard to work towards getting better! trying and trying is the most we can do, and i'm so proud that you're set on working towards getting better, even though some things you have tried so far haven't worked.

we are so so happy to have you join our community and i'm so happy to hear that you feel a dedicated place full of strangers will be a good add on for you! all of us here, although all anonymous, are more than happy to support you and we all care for you and your well-being. we have lots of great resources, listeners, and other members who are more than happy to provide you with the support you deserve through this tough time!

you're so strong and you aren't alone. you got this! ❤️

load more
User Profile: JudicatorPanzer
JudicatorPanzer January 3rd, 2022

I’m excited to finally get on the mountain and snowboard and to camp with my dog this summer


User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 3rd, 2022

@JudicatorPanzer

hi, welcome! :)

and ooh that's incredible! snowboarding and camping with your dog sound super fun - wishing you nothing but the best for this year! <3
load more
User Profile: BlkBuddha
BlkBuddha January 3rd, 2022

Hi

You can name me Buddha, nickname from college.


I've always had issues with depression.. but the weekend of Oct 17, I was at my limit. I was having thoughts of suicide to the point where I was coming up with a plan. My sister heard me and came into my room to talk and I mentioned how I was feeling. Thank God for her cause she was the on who called the suicide hotline and had me me talk to them. It was that moment that broke me and I knew I needed help. So I checked in to a mental facility for a few days for treatment, something I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit but I understood the time I really need it. I feel much better after leaving for a couple about a month and a half, but for the last couple days I just been enough mood and you know my grandmother's birthday today and we're close and I've just been feeling kind of I don't know how to describe it.....

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 3rd, 2022

@BlkBuddha

hi buddha, welcome to depression support!

i'm so sorry to hear about this time in your life, but i'm so happy that your sister was able to help you and bring you the right resources when you needed them most! i'm so proud of you for recognizing that you needed help and checking into a mental health facility for treatment - it shouldn't be something embarrassing at all! it shows how strong you are and how committed you are to getting better, amazing job! i'm so glad to hear that you feel much better after getting that treatment, but it's perfectly okay to have days or times where we may not feel our best. healing is not linear, and it's perfectly normal to feel down sometimes or have off days. you're doing great and i'm so proud of how far you've come! no matter what type of day you have or how you feel, we're happy to support you through all of it <3

load more
User Profile: Beenz1234
Beenz1234 January 3rd, 2022

I started the year off bad by accidentally catching a coworker making fun of me in a private group chat, they were making fun of my profile picture. I felt so pretty that day in the pic but now I just feel kinda ugly. I don’t have any friends at all so I feel really lonely all the time especially when I’ve had a tough day like that. But my goal for this year is to confront the coworker and make at least one friend. Also I feel like I mess something up every day and I feel like everyone at work hates me for it, I know that might not be true but there’s always that little thought that slithers around in your mind that says it is true.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 3rd, 2022

@Beenz1234

hi beenz!

i'm so sorry to hear about what happened with your coworker :( it is so hurtful when we find people making fun of us, especially at a point in time when we felt confident. i completely understand how that would make you feel negatively towards that picture of yourself now, and it's normal to feel lonely after tough days - i feel that way after tough days too, you aren't alone! not having friends can make things really challenging, as it can always be nice to have someone to talk to, but i promise that all of us here are more than happy to support you. even though we're strangers, we care about you a lot and want nothing but the best for you! and your goals for this year are incredible!! confronting the coworker and making a friend are such amazing goals and i believe in you, you got this! you're completely right and i'm so proud of you for recognizing that your thoughts might not be true, but of course there's a thought that still shows up in lots of our minds, even if it's very far off from reality. we can work to prove those thoughts wrong together. you're doing amazing <3

User Profile: Beenz1234
Beenz1234 January 4th, 2022

Thank you so much for this reply, I really hope I can find a friend this year. Also my mom doesn’t like physical contact but on New Years she gave me a hug and that was the best thing ever. I know the hug thing is weird to mention but getting a hug from my mom is so rare that when it happens I feel really happy

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 4th, 2022

@Beenz1234

of course! i hope you can too :) and aww wow, that's incredible! i'm so glad to hear that she hugged you and it made you feel the way that you did - i can imagine how wonderful it must feel since it is so rare! and it isn't weird to mention at all and i'm so happy that you shared that, it's a beautiful thing <3

load more
load more
User Profile: soytorasan
soytorasan January 4th, 2022

I hear you. I have a tough time interacting with coworkers and I barely make any deep connection with people. I think putting work aside from personal life might help.

All the best!

load more
User Profile: lexusjeep
lexusjeep January 5th, 2022

Hi everyone...


I want to start by saying I'm grateful for finding this app that works for me. Lately I've been struggling really bad with anxiety & depression. (I kinda always have but recently it's worse...)


I had strep (I think?) and it hurt SO bad I couldn't drink, take my pills, eat, even swallowing my own spit it hurt... :( During that time I was still going to work because my boyfriend lost his job so I felt the need to help as much as I can for us. The 5th day of my work day, I had a seizure because of dehydration & starvation... This caused me to be out of work for a few days. Which was BAD at the time considering our situation. My family doctor upped my meds to help me with my seizures thinking that was the reason.


I was good for the following week! Happy that I could actually eat & drink my Gatorade (lol). Then that following Monday I felt weird. I couldn't see straight, losing my balance, etc. My coworker drove me home and found out I had Vertigo. So, on top of that, I was on more meds. The doctor at the hospital apparently didn't know my meds were for seizures, which caused me to have physically & mentally out of body experience. (If that makes sense?)


Anyways, the following night after that happened, I guess I was having a fight with me boyfriend (I can't remember...) He didn't know what to do so he called my dad & the paramedics. I got picked up and found out my meds could've caused me to have a stroke or even close to death..... :(


Shortly after that, my boyfriend left me because he didn't want to have to "take care" of me... It's not a normal or regular day by day thing. So I'm super upset and mad at myself for that happening even though I had no control... :( All I wanted was for him to hold me and calm me down after what I heard.


I'm crying as I'm writing this because all I wanted was to be with him forever. He's the one I would cross oceans for...

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 6th, 2022

@lexusjeep

hi, welcome to depression support!

i'm so sorry to hear about all of this :( it sounds like you've had a really challenging time recently. i definitely understand why you feel this way, and it's completely normal and okay to feel the way you do after experiencing what you have. however, it makes me so happy to hear that 7 cups has been working for you! you aren't alone - we're here to support you no matter what! i'm so happy you're here and so proud of how far you've come! <3

load more
User Profile: ReneLeys
ReneLeys January 7th, 2022

Hi everyone


I decided to try this because lately life has been really hard. Im still feeling very self-conscious and shy at the moment, so I thought it would be nice to introduce myself first.


Currently I am not in therapy (and I’ve never been to), mainly due to fear of admitting to myself and to others that I need that kind of help. But tonight I’m just broken and I really needed to talk.


Thank you for reading

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 7th, 2022

@ReneLeys

hi rene, welcome!

i'm so happy to hear that you've joined 7 cups, we're lucky to have you here! i'm sorry to hear that your life has been hard lately :( feeling self-conscious and shy and tough things to feel, but completely normal and more than okay, especially in a new environment! it's so nice to meet you, thank you for introducing yourself! it can be really really challenging to think about admitting to both yourself and other people that you need help - although we feel hurt, taking that huge step is a big path to cross and it's completely your decision whether or not you choose to seek therapy. regardless, all of us here on 7 cups are here to support you and i hope this serves as a safe place for you to talk about your feelings! we care about you - wishing you nothing but the best ❤️

load more
User Profile: Greenman124
Greenman124 January 9th, 2022

My name isnt that important but I am a senior in highschool and it's been the roughest four years I've ever had, mainly because I made a huge mistake that cost me my ninth and tenth grade to be in an alternative school and online due to covid. I am not sure if it's allowed to be discussed on here, but the reason I got expelled was for receiving a blowjob in the bathroom and that was just so ridiculously stupid, and when I got back after 9 weeks alternative school, I was back for one week and got expelled that coming Monday for drugs on me. I have bad relationship problems because I realized that my porn addiction is altering how I see things so I'm stopping that. I had a girlfriend for one week and she turned out to be lesbian and that hurt me alot because I have worked so hard improving myself since I was expelled, I lost 70 pounds and physically never been better, but I still find myself hurting so much. My emotions are rampid, I could be happy and energetic and go to slow and depressed just empty. There's alot more to why I feel terrible and I downloaded this app as a experiment to see if talking to someone anonymous might help me or hear about similar experiences.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 10th, 2022

@Greenman124

hi, welcome to depression support!

i'm so sorry to hear about what you experienced throughout high school :( it sounds really challenging for me and i completely understand why you might find yourself hurting. however i'm so proud of you for recognizing that your addiction was having negative effects on you and you are working towards stopping it! the amount of work you have put in to improve yourself is truly incredible - it shows so much strength and resilience, awesome job!

it's completely normal for our emotions to change quickly. i can also be happy and quickly shift to slow and sad, and i'm sure it's the same for many other people. sometimes we may not know how to feel or react to a certain situations and things change all the time!

we're so happy to have you here and i'm so proud of you for taking the step to reach out for some support! talking to anonymous listeners and finding people with similar experiences as us can be so helpful - you're in the right place <3 wishing you the best!

User Profile: Greenman124
Greenman124 January 11th, 2022

I was not expecting a response but that was very nice and helped alot, thank you immensely for that genuine response. I am actually having a amazing day today work was great, I actually might get a raise. My manager said that she'd bring it up because I did a great job during the football game rush. I had a good day at school, and I think some connections are forming but that changes all the time.

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 11th, 2022

@Greenman124

aww of course, i’m so glad to hear that it was helpful :) you always deserve a genuine response ❤️ and i’m so happy to hear that you had such a great day at work today! possibly getting a raise is so incredible - congratulations! it sounds like you’re really doing an amazing job and you deserve to be recognized for that!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: blushingdove
blushingdove January 9th, 2022

Depression is just so HEAVY 😔

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 10th, 2022

@blushingdove

hi dove!

you're completely right :( depression is such a challenge and it can be really tough to experience. i hope you're able to get the support you deserve here. feel free to check out our sub-forum for living and coping with depression HERE to find how other people cope with the heaviness of depression <3

we're so happy you have joined us and i'm so proud of you for reaching out to 7 cups!

load more
User Profile: kindTurtle7870
kindTurtle7870 January 9th, 2022

Hi new here, been feeling depressed and alone again for a little bit now (on and off since 15) don’t really have anyone I can talk to and am on the 6 week waiting list for counselling don’t really know who I am anymore

User Profile: EmmaE
EmmaE OP January 10th, 2022

@kindTurtle7870

hi turtle, welcome to depression support!

i'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling depressed and alone :( that's such a challenging thing to feel - i completely understand and i'm sorry that you don't have anyone in your real life to talk to. however, i'm so proud of you for joining 7 cups and reaching out for support! that is such a huge step and takes a lot of courage - we're so happy to have you here (:

please feel free to connect with one of our listeners HERE for someone to actively listen and support you. all of us on 7 cups are here for you!

wishing you the best <3

load more