Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish everyone knew about your disability?

User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates March 18th, 2017

don't be scared to break drown the stigma!

176
User Profile: ScaredSilly
ScaredSilly March 26th, 2017

I wish people understood that eating disorders have nothing to do with food. They have everything to so with anxiety, depression, ocd, etc. They are a way for the sufferer ro feel in control and safe. People don't get that. My mother and grandmother think that all I did the two times i was in treatment was talk about food and discuss food and talk about nutrition. Even though I try to tell them that we hardly talked about food at all they do not get it. And I know that their misunderstandings about it are not uncommon.

User Profile: RancidHead
RancidHead March 26th, 2017

I don't want to hurt the ones that I love.

User Profile: sskeo
sskeo March 26th, 2017

I wish more people especially parents could understand that you cannot just lift depression and act as if it can be switched on and off. Social anxiety isn't about being shy either. Just because your child is sparing you trouble doesn't mean you can ignore them when they finally speak up.

User Profile: sskeo
sskeo March 26th, 2017

I wish people especially parents would understand that depression isn't just a mood that you can switch on and off. Just because i can smile and be happy at times doesn't make my depression less valid. We know ourselves more and we don't have to be diagnosed first by a psyciatrist for you to actually believe us.

User Profile: Moj
Moj March 26th, 2017

That I'd do so much more physically if I could. I don't like not being able to do things...and having limitations. I just want to be able to do what I want to do...without needing so much help.

User Profile: KatIsHereForHelp
KatIsHereForHelp March 27th, 2017

I wish people knew that having scoliosis means a constant pain in in my back

March 27th, 2017

I wish my Mum knew that everytime she says "she's sick of me being in pain" that it reads that she's sick of me. I have been in pain since I was 4, it's not a new phenomenon.

User Profile: moonstartranquility
moonstartranquility March 27th, 2017

Just because I look normal on the outside does not mean I'm not in immense pain internally. I don't wish my mental conditions upon my worst enemies.

User Profile: fruityWhisper32Lia
fruityWhisper32Lia March 27th, 2017

I wish people took ADD as seriously as any other disability. It is a real problem and can be really harmful for the student/child. I know I suffered from low grades, social akwardness, low self esteem and a mix of other stuff. ADD means you can't focus, even if that is studying for a test or to read a book, it can be hard, even take hours for something to click and work.

March 27th, 2017

That I am not psycho, crazy, or wanting to be dramatic.

I want to live simply, but I can't.

3 replies
User Profile: Compassion21
Compassion21 March 28th, 2017

@lexicona

Same

March 30th, 2017

You are not alone Mx (sorry don't know your preferred pronouns) @lexicona.

User Profile: politeCup6711
politeCup6711 October 7th, 2017

@lexicona

load more