Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish everyone knew about your disability?

User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates March 18th, 2017

don't be scared to break drown the stigma!

176
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService June 10th, 2017

How nervous I am all the time

User Profile: DonaldK
DonaldK June 16th, 2017

that i'm more then what you see.

June 16th, 2017

In my whole life I had two biggest fear . The most biggest fear is that if I ask someone a multiple times to help me he/she might hate me or might discontinue being with me. It is related to a story- There was a friend in my school he used to sit beside me, since I'm disabled so I need a lot help like lifting my stuff from bag or push my leg , one day he took his bag and went to another place to sit. This was the day I had this fear. It has happened to me many times. Second fear is that if I talk much the others would hate me. I want people to understand that im just an ordinary person do the make me feel disabled. I can do anything for you.

2 replies
User Profile: Behindthewalls
Behindthewalls June 24th, 2017

@CallMeNaman2002 I totally relate to this! I'm an SMA Patient

1 reply
June 24th, 2017

@Behindthewalls

I understand how you are feeling. It's actually very strange that people around us are doing this. Sometimes I feel like crying when people don't want to help . Well it's ok we need to understand others's situation too. I guess I'm so selfish to ask for help. I am both happy and sad. Happy because of 7 cups but sad due to real people around me.. isn't it strange? Think over it

load more
load more
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService June 20th, 2017

It makes the social aspect of work very difficult and challenging. I get extreme anxiety figuring out who I can / should be friends with and trust.

User Profile: AnActiveListenerHere
AnActiveListenerHere June 26th, 2017

For me, I wish people knew how much effort/pain it takes for me to perform daily activities and still look as if I'm not disabled. The worst is working in lab :/

User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService June 26th, 2017

How strenuous social relationships can be for me, especially professional work relationships.

User Profile: KamClayton
KamClayton October 7th, 2017

That my real dads abuse towards me is what makes me act the way I do

User Profile: Sarz1982
Sarz1982 October 7th, 2017

That having a chronic illness is umpredictable and a daily struggle. Trying to bf the Sarah I was but having to accept I no longer am. Just want people to have more understanding of the insomnia, fatigue, chronic pain, brain fog, depressionetc and that I never know how Ill be from one moment to next. It really has ruined my life

User Profile: politeCup6711
politeCup6711 October 7th, 2017

That it causes me to not feel like me, the me I used to be

User Profile: politeCup6711
politeCup6711 October 7th, 2017

I only feel ok under my soft blanket the world is hard

1 reply
User Profile: gregariousBike1174
gregariousBike1174 October 7th, 2017

@politeCup6711 that's how I feel at time's.

2 ways there is always 2 ways In a Gemini. By the way loll

1. Lay under your blanket enjoy the moment enjoy yourself be grateful for the smallest thing like the blanket.

2. You are right. Be grateful that you know the world is screwed up. It's not you this time. Loll. Laugh about it be grateful it's not yours to control and eat your food. Also enjoy this moment figure out what put you in this moment so you don't repeat it. Best of luck much love!

load more