Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you living with Migraines? Would you like to see more support on this topic?

User Profile: Laura
Laura May 31st, 2019

Let us know here

9
User Profile: Iwanabeahippie
Iwanabeahippie May 31st, 2019

@Laura

I suffer with headaches a lot and have experienced thunder clap migraines on and off. They can be excruciating and debilitating. I feel it may be helpful for those experiencing migraines to know there is support :)

User Profile: DragonView
DragonView May 31st, 2019

@Laura I know someone that does. Yes, support would be great.

User Profile: warmheartedTurtle6662
warmheartedTurtle6662 May 31st, 2019

@Laura

Hi. I have suffered badly from migraines. Ive read a lot about them. I found they are worse if I havent had enough sleep. I wonder if its some food or something too.

Ive also had a lot of osteopath treatment on my neck and shoulders. I think a lot of my headaches are because of really tight neck muscles. My osteopath noticed this. I get a lot less headaches after having treatment and therefore need less pain meds.

User Profile: BlindGrapefruit
BlindGrapefruit June 3rd, 2019

@Laura

I have headaches off and on, and I know many people in this community have migraines. Great topic!

June 27th, 2019

Yes and yes

User Profile: exuberantMaple397
exuberantMaple397 July 6th, 2019

Yes, I suffer from migraines and would like more support on this topic.

User Profile: GrowingGinkgo8847
GrowingGinkgo8847 September 18th, 2019

@Laura

Not sure if this thread is still active. I'm a new member, I've had migraines monthly for about 7 years. It can be debilitating, they usually last 48 hours and often make me vomit. I would love more information and a place to talk with others about how best to manage symptoms or even better, how to prevent them.

I think that mine are hormone related as it is based around my menstrual cycle.

User Profile: LadyDair
LadyDair August 17th, 2020

@Laura What a great idea! I'm a Chronic Migraine Awareness (CMA) Advocate, and an "Ambassador" for the US Pain Foundation. This is an issue close to my heart! Especially with the changes COVID has made in our lives I think more and more people are feeling a need to be related to and supported. (At least that's what I've seen so far.)

User Profile: Whisper292
Whisper292 September 2nd, 2020

I live with them on a weekly basis, and I would love to see more support on this topic.

One thing about this being an emotional/mental support site is that it's a great place to commiserate. So many people who don't have them just don't understand. Others try to diagnose my migraines and fix them, and giving them the same "I've tried that" response over and over is draining. Someplace to just have someone say, "I understand," and share their own, similar experiences would be wonderful.