Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Custody issues after prison

User Profile: Lexsea
Lexsea January 21st, 2023

I had my daughter in prison and now that I've been out for 4 months my biological mother who took care of her for 2 years has been doing all she can to take custody of her. We went to court last month and they decided to give us temporary joint conservatorship with her as the primary. She kicked me out of the house and now I only get to see my daughter on certain Sundays. I have my first visit on Sunday and I'm terrified she wont let me have my visit. I get so much anxiety about being at her house but I'm doing everything I can to get my daughter back. I feel like she is doing everything she can to just get me to give up and go back to drugs. But I want custody back of my daughter and us to have the life we deserve.

7
User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic January 22nd, 2023

@Lexsea Hi Lex! I was so saddened to read your posts, I see you were supposed to have a visit today? Did it happen? How did it go? Can you ask to have a visit away from here perhaps in a neutral place?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

3 replies
User Profile: Lexsea
Lexsea OP January 23rd, 2023

I did have it. It went good. Thanks for asking. But it was sad because my daughter wanted to go with me when I had to leave. Her grandmother made me leave as soon as the 2 hours were up. Unfortunately they have to be supervised by her for the first 6 visits.

2 replies
User Profile: DakotaRaven
DakotaRaven January 23rd, 2023

Hang in there, and keep those visits! You'll be closer to unsupervised visits, and then weekends, and finally, full custody. Use this time to get back on your feet...a stable place, job, and keep with either treatment or counseling. Show there's no reason for her to have custody and she won't. They rarely keep children from their mothers unless its not the best place for them to be. Try to think as positively about her as possible. She is affording you time to get your life back to be with your daughter as the best version you can be. I wish you all much love.

User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic January 23rd, 2023

@Lexsea So glad it happened and it went good, maybe she is just trying to build trust in you again? Sounds like you were very brave and strong and got through things enjoying the time. Sending you lots of good wishes.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

load more
load more
User Profile: BenittaJ
BenittaJ January 23rd, 2023

@Lexsea hello lex. I understand. Maybe your mother's scared you ll ruin your daughter's life and wants to split u from the baby . Show your mom that you ll be a good mom. Maybe it ll help

User Profile: InsideMyself
InsideMyself January 25th, 2023

@Lexsea I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I would also feel anxious if the right to see my own daughter was in jeopardy. I'm glad to know you're strong and decided not to go back to drugs and fight for the life you two deserve together.

User Profile: Lexsea
Lexsea OP January 27th, 2023

Well now she is trying to take it further. I got an email from her attorney that she is requesting my daughter not be allowed around me at all because she came back positive for illegal substances. Idk how this is possible when all my hair and uas have been negative. I feel like I'm never gunna get my child. I'm emotionally exhausted. 😩