Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

my parental relationship

User Profile: maysaym
maysaym June 9th, 2022

Hello, I'm news here :)


today i got into a fight with my parents... tomorrow I only have one hour of class and we're going to have a snack because this is the last lesson and after it's the holidays.


they got me confuses because this side.


according to them, it's not normal at my age to still do this and go to the zoo so I got scolded. I don't really understand.


They scold me too because I got the congratulations class council and that according to my parents I don't deserve them.They said it doesn't reflect who i am at home.


I don't understand how anyone can scold me for so little whereas i am not a teenager boring.


I just ask a little of recognition for what i do and let them congratulate me. Not to be scolded for that sort of thing. I find that ridiculous.


I really cried a lot after that.


sorry, i'm not english but french.

my english is not perfect...


What do you think ?

4
User Profile: Optimisticempath
Optimisticempath June 11th, 2022

@maysaym

Your english is alright don't worry

Sometimes parents don't understand us and make us feel horrible with their lack of warmth and acknowledgement, it sucks and as a child to them , you are allowed to feel upset for being scolded for something they should actually be proud about

I hope things resolve and your mood improves ❤ fights can be draining

Congratulations ! Don't let even your parents try to make you feel unworthy of appreciation! Let them be , you continue doing what you enjoy 💛💛

Parents have a lot of pressure and stress they can't share..sometimes they scold us for another reason of their issues that we don't understand but still please after all this..they are our PARENTS😊

User Profile: FriedaRaven
FriedaRaven June 17th, 2022

Hi! You are truly right about that! 🥰 but what I don't agree on in my opinion is the last part about you saying "They are our parents". It is indeed true, All parents love their child and want what's best for them, but there is a difference between them being strict and being toxic. Yes they are our parents no matter what, but in the end, toxic is toxic, we have the right to be upset and have the need to move out once we are 18 not because we want to stay away from them nor dislike them, but mainly to look after our physical and mental health. But I respect your comment and I hope this helps! 😊😊😊😊

load more
User Profile: reliableWest8997
reliableWest8997 June 12th, 2022

@maysaym Hi, I hope you do not mind me saying this, as I am just being honest. They should not be scolding you for something like that. As someone else said, maybe they are stressed... whatever the reason, that is wrong and really not that acceptable for a parent to do something like that...n I my opinion, just keep doing what you have been doing, they are obviously completely wrong and for some reason they don't want to see you get recognized for something good that you did deserve. I'm not trying to put you against them, since you still have to live with them so unfortunately it's important for you to keep a civil relationship with them as possible. This is why a lot of times I would not share anything with my parents, all the criticisms pushed me away further, and actually I started succeeding more and more later on when I was away from them, and I noticed the difference and how I felt better away from them initially. Then of course later on things continue happening, so it's still not easy dealing with them. Maybe you can get some sort of therapy in the future and you will realize this also? I am not sure. But, they sound mean and cruel. My mother has done this to me also in more than one way, and she loves playing the victim and creating drama. I hope you can get away from them as soon as possible. This is in my opinion a form of mental and emotional abuse!