Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Husband is a gambling addict

User Profile: SallyForest
SallyForest February 29th, 2024

Hi. My husband has been addicted to gambling for about 3 years now. It's come to the point where we are on the brink of bankruptcy. We have no way of paying our bills this month, which makes him all the more desperate to make more money. So he literally just sold a few things, gambled it away, and now has nothing again...and he still refuses to see it as a gambling addiction... I don't know what to do, my 2 daughters livelihood is at stake and he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again... how can I make him see that he needs help with his addiction when he just keeps justifying it?

3
User Profile: lovingRainbows2088
lovingRainbows2088 February 29th, 2024

@SallyForest

I ain't really sure what I would do in this situation maybe try talking to him about his addiction or maybe there is something in your community that helps people with addictions.  But I am sorry that you are going through this and that your daughters are at stake due to the problem with your husband.

User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 March 1st, 2024

@SallyForest

Gambling is a tough one .... the high or what if i win it all back ..... is hard to pass up... many do not see it is the problem until things are super bad ....

 When desperate they can only think one good WIN will fix it.... because facing how far it went and what a hard hole to climb out of is unbearable to them.... 


User Profile: Countrygirl095
Countrygirl095 March 1st, 2024

@SallyForest if you ever need a listening ear I'm always here