i feel like i'm not enough for my girls
I'm the adoptive mom , of my 3 young nieces/daughters k 14 , M 12 , and h 8 . their parents , my disowned brother , and his wife , abused them . they got placed in foster care and i fought to get custody for 19 months . i have custody now ...got it in December and gave them a better Christmas than they ever got ever I'm struggling with seeing their trauma responses hearing the terrified screams the nightmares and mouse like quiet from them . their father was sexually abusive . both were physically abusive , and they lost custody after K told a teacher on zoom .they've made some progress , with the therapy , and being in a loving home . but they're on a long road to recovery.
Thank you for being a great mom and awesome human.
Let me tell you are the best that they can get as a mom and as a guardian.
I know it's sad to see their state now, but it's important to stay with them now. And let them know that you are there for them. Right?
And I can understand you feel that it's not enough, but please believe in yourself and understand that you are doing the right thing. In time they'll heal and I hope and believe you'll be a very loving and happy family. ❤
And we are here if you want to talk anytime, you can find an active listener whenever you want or you can message me if you want.
I wish you all the happiness for you and your childrens.
@funnyRaspberries3877
As an abuse survivor I have no words to describe the wonderful thing that you are doing for your nieces. These wounds can be very deep and you may feel like you are not enough. But your nieces lives are definitely better having someone like you ❤️.
@funnyRaspberries3877
I’m so happy to hear they’re safe with you. It’s really important. When I got out of an abusive household it took me a long time to get used to the comfort of relaxation and not having to walk on eggshells. It takes time and patience but it’s worth every second.
You’re doing the best you can and I’m sure they will appreciate that in their own way. It’s incredible that you want to commit so much of your time and energy to those kiddos. Well done for you! If you’re trying your best then you’re a great mom.
@funnyRaspberries3877 My heart aches for the kids. How traumatizing that is but I am soooo glad they have you on their team. For 19 months, you fought to get them... to save them... and you won! Bless your heart for never giving up that fight. The kids are survivors and they will bounce back and heal within time. Continue to offer your unconditional love and support. Assure them they are loved and valued and important and that they did not deserve the hurt inflicted upon them... that it was not their fault.
Your brother and their birth mom were just the vessels that brought them into the world and that is is. But you, the one doing the mothering... the one fighting their battles with them... consoling them... loving them... nourishing them... you are the mother. I hope that the kids know just how blessed they are to have you and, more importantly, how blessed you are to have them!!! Heal together. Pray together. Stay together. It will work out. Take care! ♡