Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What does family mean to you?

User Profile: Hope
Hope May 2nd, 2023

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. Family is a word that can mean very different things to people. Some are filled with warmth when they hear family while for others it brings up painful feelings. Regardless of the kind of impact a family has on one, we can’t deny that the impact itself is huge whether positive or negative, and most of the time mixed.


Question for you!


What comes to mind when you hear the word family?

31
User Profile: EthanS777
EthanS777 May 7th, 2023

@Hope for me family is the group of people that love you and care for you every single day. There are many exceptions to this for some people but for the most part, that is what I believe family to be.

User Profile: Jewelmoon17
Jewelmoon17 May 8th, 2023

@Hope

When I hear family, I cry, because I don't feel like I have a family. Because I used to have a better family till things got worst. There's no peace at my house. Always facing problems, always fighting, always living in emotional pain, always anger. :(

User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy May 8th, 2023

Destiny

User Profile: PeacefulSun5009
PeacefulSun5009 May 9th, 2023

@Hope

For me, family means the people I surround myself with who lift me when I'm down and laugh with me when I'm happy. It's those who support me through the highs and lows, and who accept me for who I am, flaws and all. They are the ones who make me feel loved, valued, and part of something greater than myself.

User Profile: lavenderLake2009
lavenderLake2009 May 9th, 2023

abuse

User Profile: compassionateCar7091
compassionateCar7091 May 9th, 2023

Unconditional love, and acceptance, a sense of belonging and a place to be yourself without judgment!

User Profile: AthenaNeeners
AthenaNeeners May 18th, 2023

My parents were my first bullies. The word "family" fills me with sadness and grief and pain and some level of jealousy for those who didn't go through the abuse I experienced.

May 19th, 2023

@Hope

uh..this is the word that brought me here in 7 cups-my parents are divorced-my fake friends dont really love me-teachers who loved me-are busy-so i am in desperate need of a family-something to catch me down from the ocean i am drowned in right now.i hope i get one soon.

User Profile: ZuvirySoul00
ZuvirySoul00 May 19th, 2023

Somewhere we all feel home.

User Profile: angelface333
angelface333 May 19th, 2023

Family to me is home. A place or a group of people whom when you're with feels like home. Well, home to me feels like safety and acceptance. I miss how my friend's family accepted and took care of me with my bff, it was so lovely..