Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm in love with someone taken

User Profile: bobacomfortx
bobacomfortx May 1st, 2023

He is the most amazing, brilliant mind I have ever met. I feel like crying as I write this, but I want him to be happy with his girlfriend - so so deliriously happy because he so truly deserves it. When I had an anxiety attack at a competition, he was there for me as I cried and he stroked my hair, told me everything was going to be okay. He is the only person that's ever made me feel seen; my self-esteem is so shattered and I don't really have friends, but he stayed by my side to catch me when I fell.

I don't know if I should distance myself from him - I know it's selfish but I don't know what I'll do if he's not in my life. I feel like I'll break without him, especially when nobody else seems to care about my pain. He's the only person that's ever... asked, you know? And even if he's got a weirdly big ego and too much rizz, he shines so bright. I don't know what to do. He's not supposed to just be my therapist. He's supposed to be my friend. I should be someone he can trust too.


4
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 May 1st, 2023

@bobacomfortx

i understand when you feel invisible or unappreciated and someone comes along and does something that makes you feel seen heard cared for it can easily be where you want an attachment that is simply more of a crush or infatuation. while he is your friend if you pursue more without him feeling similar you will get hurt......

if he is in a relationship and has not given you the idea he plans on changing that or other clear signs....... your feelings for him may be amplified as he makes you feel seen/ heard and appreciated........


User Profile: AgentGray003
AgentGray003 May 14th, 2023

I am sorry you are hurting. I have been on the other side of a guy cheating though and it's sucks. Nobody wins and there are situations that will be unfair for both you and his girlfriend.

Just understand that you matter as a person and you need someone that will devote their self only to you whole heartily. It's not fair for you to have to wait to have someone be with you.

AG



User Profile: avna01hi
avna01hi May 26th, 2023

Hi,

I was in a kind of similar situation, though he didn't have any other girl in his life. He n I were at different points in our life where I would have walked through the darkness with him to find the light at the other end and he was happy on his solo journey. I had to let go of him completely because it was causing me too much of pain, the hardest decision of my life. Sometimes there is no option other than to accept. Acceptance is the first step. We might loose others but have to find ourselves. Without him you will first break, will have to then pick up the pieces and build yourself again. Its a tough journey ahead but also the right direction. Sending you positive energy n a hug. Take care

User Profile: Listener89104
Listener89104 May 31st, 2023

This is such a tough situation dude... I know what you mean

.. but sometimes it just not meant to be...

It sounds like that's a real genuine dude, a kind human being.. he is not doing any of it to lead you on. Because he probably wants to make his own wrong choices in women ^_^ that's just how it is..


Your best chance to get that dude is to make him laugh,n bam ask I'm out... that's his weakest point lol