Weekly Prompt #3: Can loneliness change the person that you are?
Hello, everyone, I hope you are all well. Today I want us to think and discuss loneliness and our personalities.
Whether you are a healthcare worker, a veteran, a teen, a student, or an introvert, everyone may have some experiences with loneliness. We all do. right?
But do you think? Can loneliness change the person that you are?
If you think yes or no, share your thoughts below.
Suggested thread to check
- If you are a healthcare worker, introduce yourself here
- If you are a Veteran, please introduce yourself here with us <3
Join the General Support Group Chat to share and discuss more!
Make them sad and lonely. Or maybe bit angry. Frustrated. Just need someone to chat to them. Cuddle them. Feel safe and not lonely. XX
What do you think how loneliness changes a person?
Make them feel sad. Feel anger and feel no one loves them. Just need someone to chat with them and cuddle them. Xx
Yes loneliness can change you as a person. It can turn you into someone who feels nothing in which you become cold and heartless towards those around you. I don't know how to really explain it but I am one of those people who have become what I just wrote above. in the line of work that I do you spend your time alone. It destroys relationships and families and I have become that heartless and unfeeling person that I described. I lack even the ability to express my thoughts on emotions and feelings because I have also built walls around me to protect myself from feeling anything. Believe me this not the way that I want to live the rest of my life. That is why I am here to address my issues of not being able to express my thoughts, emotions, and feelings to others. Because of the loneliness I have been through for most of my life which is self imposed through my work and anger management issues. So yes I believe loneliness can change you into something else.
Yes. Isolation eventually changes you. I'm referring specifically to being totally alone as in seeing no people or animals for months on end. There's not just mood changes but if isolated in one place it can cause cabin fever and mental health takes hits in the speech department if you don't talk out loud to yourself just like you would to others frequently to keep those vocal muscles and brain pathways exercised.
Imposter syndrome tends to become worse without a good support network helping remind you of your good points and accomplishments.
My interpretation is loneliness includes the fact of being alone. I believe that it has contributed to whoever/whatever I am now. I have been lonely and alone for over 45 years, including my many , many years being “married” .
This loneliness pushes its way into my thoughts and I think has helped form my now solidified beliefs about myself, other people and the world in general. It has helped to mold my daily habits. It truly has helped to create this …..whatever this is that is me.
Loneliness has affected the building/structure of my life.
