Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I love my wife but lately the disrespect has been too much

User Profile: navyPark5369
navyPark5369 June 11th, 2025

I recently moved here for love got married this year couples months down the line it feels like the worst mistake I’ve made especially lately. I want to get a divorce and move back to my home country but at the same time she’s 9 weeks pregnant , I was excited but now I’m even wondering if I even want her to be the mother of my child . I’ve never felt this way about her , it saddens and is stressing me out ,worst I’m not from this country and I don’t have any support here. Any advise

12
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 June 11th, 2025

@navyPark5369

It must be very hard to be in a new place and questioning this.

Was it a certain thing that happened that made you feel this way?   Was this a long distance thing that changed when in person?     Can you sit down and discuss this with her or perhaps considered counseling?      

User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 June 11th, 2025

@navyPark5369

Hello. I am sorry to hear what you are going through right now. Recently married, in a foreign country and expecting a child... It seems you have to adjust to many new situations at the same moment, and it must be stressful...

Things become really complicated while you are responsible not only for your own life and for your marriage, but also for your not yet born child.

Sometimes seeing your life's circumstances with the eyes of another person or just speaking it out ("venting") can make a difference. Would you like to tell us about any specific situations or behaviours that made you feel depressed, lost or confused?

I have never lived in a foreign country, but I experienced living alone in a different city, with no friends and no family there, and no places I knew from my childhood or adolescence time. That really takes some effort and makes a difference.

User Profile: littleJar475
littleJar475 June 11th, 2025

I feel the same way too. Got married last yr but i think my husband is regretting everything.

1 reply
User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 June 12th, 2025

@littleJar475

Welcome to 7 Cups 😊 

I am sorry to hear about your feeling worried, rejected or disappointed...

From my experience, marriage and pregnancy were the most challenging periods of my life. But they also meant personal growth, even if that meant saying goodbye to my past self, and struggling to build a new, better one.

While my ex partner become pregnant I was eating some meals at my factory's dinning hall. Once she exclaimed: "Why didn't you ask me if I wanted you take out some dinner for me?!". I just didn't know... I thought that staying at home she could have cared for herself (and suit her tastes) better. Despite years passing by from our breakup I still feel guilty about that.

So, yes, I think it's also a lot about an honest and open communication, too 😊 

load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow June 12th, 2025

@navyPark5369 sending you lots of love❤️❤️ I know you'll get through this!🍀 Have a great day!🐾And I wish you have an awesome life ahead <3

User Profile: alizaymay
alizaymay June 12th, 2025

@navyPark5369 I can somewhat understand the other side of your situation. I have been in a relationship with a boy from another country. We met through school recently, fell in love, and got married. We do bicker, and this weekend we were fighting and he told me that he feels like I've been very cold lately and it was a shock, but also not. The past couple months I've just been really struggling with inner battles and didn't want to really shed light on everything so didn't tell him most of it not wanting him to worry or look at me different. I ended up telling him everything and after a couple days of talking about everything with tension, and sadness. Sometimes you don't know how much you need something until you almost lose it. Me being not okay inside, doesn't excuse any actions at all. I understand that and I working to make myself better because he means everything to me and I want to be the best version of myself for him, and for myself too. I don't know the details of your situation and if this will even help you at all, but I wanted to try and help because a lot of the things you said in your thread comment were things that he said to me. If you haven't yet, just talk to her and be honest. You need to tell her that how she is treating you is pushing you away and making you unhappy. Maybe she is struggling and needs help or maybe she just isn't the right person for you. And to stay in an unhappy relationship to raise a child, only makes a very difficult like for you and her, but for your child as well. I really hope this helps you, and I'm sorry for what you're going through. My prayers to you!

User Profile: Yoursoulfulbestie
Yoursoulfulbestie June 12th, 2025

@navyPark5369 Thank you for sharing how you’re feeling. It sounds like you’re carrying a lot of pain and confusion right now, especially with the pregnancy and being far from home without support. It’s understandable that you’re feeling overwhelmed and conflicted. Relationships can be really hard, especially during big life changes like this. Have you been able to talk to your wife about how you’re feeling? Sometimes opening up a calm conversation can help, even if it feels difficult. Also, is there anyone here like a friend, family member, or counselor you can reach out to for support where you are? You don’t have to go through this alone. I’m here to listen if you want to share more.

User Profile: farahhgff66
farahhgff66 June 12th, 2025

I'm sorry to hear that

But u need tho figure things out with ur wife, u need to tell her abt ur feelings, so u can both rise ur child in healthy home

User Profile: CordialFlyer
CordialFlyer June 13th, 2025

Mine left me last year after 13 years, for a cop she works with. I was no saint, mind you, I could have been a way better husband, but I feel you. Im deployed now in Ukraine and still having to go through the divorce process abs it sucks. I wish all the luck to you.

User Profile: NubelitaAmor657
NubelitaAmor657 June 13th, 2025

@navyPark5369 As a seriously isolated person, I'd like to reach my "hand" out to you. Meditation helps me.



User Profile: adaptiveMelody7976
adaptiveMelody7976 June 17th, 2025

@navyPark5369 that genuinely sounds like a lot to carry, especially with no support system around you. moving countries, marriage, a baby on the way, thats so much change in a short time. it does make sense that youre overwhelmed, and questioning things doesn’t make you a bad person, it really just makes you honest.

you dont have to have it all figured out right now, but i would say that maybe give yourself permission to slow down a bit. youre allowed to feel unsure, scared, even trapped. and youre also allowed to want better for yourself and your future.

i do think you should sit down and talk it out with her. if nothing else, try to talk to someone neutral, like a counselor or legal advisor, just to know your options. not to act on anything immediately, but to feel less cornered.