Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 11th, 2016

What is it? And why do you need to let it go?

143
User Profile: Mirea
Mirea August 11th, 2016

I'm holding on to the way my marriage used to be. I guess I find it hard to accept that it just doesn't exist anymore and it makes me very sad.

I'm also finding it hard to let go of the anger about how it all fell apart. I think a part of me needs to be angry in order to get through the process of divorce and not give in to the wishful thinking.

It's tough. I'm struggling toward forgiveness and peace.

1 reply
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment August 13th, 2016

@Mirea I'm sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. Take your time in healing and finding a new path, tradegies take their time to run their course. Don't be too hard on yourself, be patient with yourself and know all your emotions need some time to run their course. Hugs.

load more
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone August 11th, 2016

I've been desperately holding on to who I was a few years back. I need to let go of that version of myself because my life has been slowly deteriorating and maybe if I try to create a new me, things could get better. The whole idea is scary because things could get much, much worse.

User Profile: krissylynn2
krissylynn2 August 11th, 2016

the anger I have for my mother

User Profile: ManandaPanda
ManandaPanda August 11th, 2016

My ex, pain and hurt

holding onto past mistakes

User Profile: millenaria
millenaria August 11th, 2016

I'm holding on to... the feeling of still having a best friend. Our relationship had grown toxic over the last few years and it reached the breaking point a few months back.

We weren't good for each other. We fought constantly. Our silences were always tense and offered advice was always treated with contempt and coldness.

I don't miss her. I have no right to miss her after so much pain, hate, and hurt. I miss having a best friend. I miss having a pillar of constant support.

I guess I'm still holding on to that love. I'm holding on to the so called best friend. I'm holding on to the baseless hope that I can form another such connection.

(Maybe, just a little bit, I'm holding on to the hope of us coming back together?)

User Profile: Jacquetta
Jacquetta August 11th, 2016

I'm holding on to the fact that my better half is gone & it's been 2 years. That was my best friend, my husband, my sons father etc. I feel empty like I don't know myself without him smh

User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 August 11th, 2016

My weight.... Does that count? sad

1 reply
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment August 11th, 2016

@sweetrosa1987 sure does

load more
User Profile: bestBanana8006
bestBanana8006 August 11th, 2016

I hate my job. Ihate myself. I hate feeling useless.

User Profile: pioneeringLake7227
pioneeringLake7227 August 11th, 2016

My ex who tricked me to live a comfortable life on my expence. Because of him my trustissues are greater and I have a difficult time to move on and fully trust my now loving boyfriend.

User Profile: rainprince
rainprince August 11th, 2016

A sense of love and admiration of people who treat me like garbage.