Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 11th, 2016

What is it? And why do you need to let it go?

143
User Profile: crimsonVillage2277
crimsonVillage2277 August 12th, 2016

I cant let go of my ex-gf, she was the best thing i could of accomplished in my life and shes gone now. Her warm light gave me meaning and purpose to my life..when she was gone i almost commited suicide. Dont feel bad for me since im really not worth ypur pitty or sorry. My life has lead me to that conclusion. What i want to let go is her and my current self. If i did that then maybe i can start new again but whether its in this life or the next will depend on me. I know this now after so many years of pain and despair but i listened and read my cry and will stop to look at no one but myself, after all nobody is coming.

User Profile: placidPlace8133
placidPlace8133 August 12th, 2016

So so much... Being molested at an early age and my train wreck of a life afterwards

User Profile: glittersoul001
glittersoul001 August 12th, 2016

Holding onto memories of someone who will never come back.

August 12th, 2016

I'm holding on to my past to my abuse to my birth family to all the hurt and pain and to my suffering when my ex girlfriend dumped me and shattered my heart I'm holding on to trying to be OK when I'm not I'm holding on to my tears

User Profile: anokaystart
anokaystart August 12th, 2016

I'm holding onto a relationship I never had and probably most likely won't ever have. God I cared about this person so much they made me so happy and they still do but I know nothing won't happen between us and it's just so hard to move on when everybody around is always saying "you guys would make such a cute couple".

User Profile: gemini2405
gemini2405 August 12th, 2016

I'm still thinking about what ifs. I need to realize that what happened can't change and start moving forward from where I am now.

User Profile: TheLittleWho13
TheLittleWho13 August 12th, 2016

I need to let go of the love of my life. He left the world and now I am empty. I have nothing without him. I am an empty shell full of memories I wish to forget. I need to let go, because it wasn't my fault. No matter how cliche or stupid it sounds, he told me the only reason he was still alive was me. And I told him I hated him. Karma got me in the end. But I know it was his choice. Even if I could have just kept my goddamn mouth shut...it probably would have happened sooner or later anyway.

User Profile: Rose1996
Rose1996 August 12th, 2016

My brutal and abusive past.

The "friends" that rape and hurt me but I still can't let them go because I don't want to be alone

💙

1 reply
User Profile: LeafandStream
LeafandStream August 14th, 2016

@Rose1996

you will not be alone if you learn to be ok with being alone for a short time. If your friends take advantage of you, they are not your friends at all. It's unhealthy for you to trust them and rely on them. You need to drop these people and save yourself. You will find better people, who won't make you feel like you'll be alone without them. I know this from experience. Don't let that fear keep you in a bad place. I'm sending my love out to you. Try and be strong, you can make it!

load more
User Profile: jr50
jr50 August 12th, 2016

I am hold onto my past, having trouble letting go of how awful I acted with my first marriage

User Profile: ValBishop0914
ValBishop0914 August 12th, 2016

I have difficulty letting go of control and trusting that things will work out as they should. A lifetime of abuse in different forms and from different situations taught me to try and control the direction and outcome of events in my life in an effort to prevent future hurts. I don't ever want to feel out of control but the truth is that in life, there are many things we simply cannot control. This is causing me major anxiety as I become closer to a person in my life than I've ever allowed before. It is frightening to think that even if I develop true feelings of love for him, it might still end and I will have no control in that despite this being the first time in my life that I've felt capable of allowing another person so close.

1 reply
User Profile: sociableOcean3634
sociableOcean3634 November 18th, 2016

@ValBishop0914 - i am on the same boat as you.. I just end up in quarrels and fights😢. Forced conversations kill me.

load more