Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you think are the best foods for battling depression? (There's no wrong answers!)

User Profile: cuddlyWords72
cuddlyWords72 September 14th, 2015

Everybody has there own comfort food, right? So what's yours?

Personally, my comfort food is Chinese food, I really have no idea why!

29
User Profile: sensitiveSailboat1516
sensitiveSailboat1516 September 15th, 2015

so bad for you but Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream. After that pizza!! Or my weird favorite Hot Cheeteos with lime and peanut butter cups

User Profile: easyWater4109
easyWater4109 September 16th, 2015

Hot coffee with a nice flavored creamer, maybe a dash of cinnamon on top and some type of crispy biscotti for dunking, preferably one with almonds or pistachios..,,

if im really depressed, some type of cheese melted over practically anything followed by something else covered in chocolate...

And anything my mother cooked helps....

anything I can eat or sip slowly curled up in a ball on the couch under a blanket watching some a corny, feel-good movie till I feel better....

User Profile: johnphan7Cups
johnphan7Cups September 16th, 2015

Vietnamese Food period!

User Profile: SapphireRose70510
SapphireRose70510 September 16th, 2015

Chocolate

User Profile: blacklighted
blacklighted September 16th, 2015

Pasta! Lots and lots of pasta!

User Profile: Caysea1989
Caysea1989 September 16th, 2015

It's very important to eat healthy.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/therese-borchard-sanity-break/foods-eat-every-day-beat-depression/

User Profile: cuddlyWords72
cuddlyWords72 OP September 19th, 2015

I completely agree, but everybody has to think about self-care now and again. :)

load more
User Profile: lavenderRaspberries7937
lavenderRaspberries7937 September 19th, 2015

This is strange but... Pretzels<3

User Profile: windd
windd September 19th, 2015

When I get stressed I usually eat chocolate and banana, and I also drink green tea. But I prefer homemade foods to cure stress.

User Profile: Jadie
Jadie September 19th, 2015

I heard a long time ago that tomatoes are helpful in battling depression. I'm pretty sure a few tomatoes here and there don't actually help all that much, but for me it's like a placebo effect of knowing that I'm trying to take care of myself!

User Profile: caringDaisy89
caringDaisy89 October 13th, 2015

fried chicken and ice cream..