Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do you believe in affirmation? I want to share my story, that day I wasn't able to sleep because I had a lot of thoughts..

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter August 7th, 2025

but after I told myself that it's okay, everything is fine, it's going to be okay, I'm okay (I repeated it many times inside my heart).  Not long after that I drifted into my dreams. Really works for me, I feel much calmer, all of my overthinking = gone. Then I sleep. I'm amazed by this power of affirmation 😯

7
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 7th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

Im not overly into affirmations.

I'm more direct and realistic in my thinking but I do find that telling myself, I'm safe, you've gotten through this before and come to no harm helps with anxiety. Thanks for sharing, glad you got good sleep in the end 💕💜

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP August 8th, 2025

@Amanda84 thank you. I'm not sure if affirmations actually work or not, sometimes I feel like they work, other times not... or maybe only work for a short time then I'm anxious again ;')

load more
User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy August 8th, 2025

Its not about words - but about belief / conviction.

When I believe in something yes it works.

But when im still in process of training mysel to believe - no it doesnt. Because there is still doubt and confusion lingering in the mind.

@hopefulencounter

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP August 9th, 2025

@Creamyyy so in order to achieve what I wish I need to train myself to believe better than before? 🤔 difficult because I doubted a lot 

User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy August 9th, 2025

Yes its not simple but youre not alone in going through this. We all doubt.

For me - working on something as a group has helped me believe it easier. When youre working solo, it feels like a fight sometimes. When you know there are others like you who are choosing similar pathways for same reasons it gives you a boost. I think humans are made this way - community collectiveness is our psychological need.

Another thing thats working for me is the pressure of deadline. When I know something is now or never , the right belief sinks in ... I think its just my personality. Im always working for survival . So unless things dont seem all that important , I cant internalise the belief easily even when somewhere I have a hunch its the correct thing

@hopefulencounter

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP August 9th, 2025

@Creamyyy Creamyy! thank you so much for telling me this, your words inspired me to be better..! 🧡🧡 I agree it feels like a fight when alone ;(

it feels great to have good friends who always stick around. 🤗

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: ScrabbleBrain
ScrabbleBrain August 10th, 2025

I didn't believe in them until I was advised to give it a try and I did it dubiously. I had a lot of pessimistic thoughts and each time they popped up, I switched it into positive ones and rolled my eyes.

But as I did this every day, for me it sunk in and then I began to realise, it's a helpful tool. Also when I'm having a panic attack I'm also able to calm myself down, offering comfort and deep breathing.

It's not an every day thing. I certainly wouldn't do it in front of the mirror, but when necessary it helps :) I'm glad it worked for you too.