Ask About Being Trans!
This is a safe place for people who have never experienced this, to be able to ask questions! Please ask whatever you've been curious about, and please be kind, compassionate, and sensitive. Thank you!
For those who have experienced this, please answer questions? You're safe here, and we love your varied and beautiful viewpoints and stories! Thank you for sharing with us! <3
@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125 @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @sabeyesofblue3535 @AiluraTheCat @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SunshineJazz @LexListens2025 @Heather225 @agreeableSkies9889 @HopeAura @rainbowBridge46 @sereneMango2512 @SmackyMcGee
I’m adding a taglist to start, but this post is open to absolutely everyone! <3
I am a woman, and I have never liked having breasts, ever since the time when they first started developing, but I am not trans, I guess because I do think I am female in every other way even though I have never liked having breasts.
So for the trans people out there, is it similar to what I experience with hating my breasts, or is it more involved than that?
I know that some people say that being trans is because of childhood trauma. Is this true for you?
Also dumb question, but is there a surgery that can turn your private parts into the opposite sax?
Why do you think some people judge trans people?
What does the pronoun “they/them” mean exactly? Is it supposed to imply that you are two people wrapped up into one?
What do you think about the idea that a non trans child could have a phase of wanting to be the opposite sex, but that not actually making them truly trans? Do you think this is possible, or do you think they are actually trans?
If it is a phase, that means they will grow out of it and not be trans. What do you think about this?
Like how do you know that you want to go through with surgery and hormones and everything? Are you afraid you will have regrets?
I’m sorry if my questions are really dumb or uneducated. I have a lot of questions!
any advice on how to write trans characters? I have both a transwoman and a transman character so any overall advice is appreciated!! I know the basics like obviously don't make them fall into any negative stereotypes and don't infantilize them, but any advice on how to handle their transition journey? thanks in advance!!^^