Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you met your 10 year old self, what would you say?

User Profile: YourInternetBuddy
YourInternetBuddy February 17th, 2023

I had a kind of thought provoking question and I would love to hear what you guys have to say.

I think I would tell myself to never lose sight of who I am and who I aspire to be.


Let me know what you would say to lil baby you.

35
User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity February 18th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy What a lovely question to reflect on!

To my 10 year old self: Don't ever dim your shine or suppress being unique to comfort others who misinterpret it as a threat or competition. It's what makes you a star and will play a healing role in the lives you touch 💕

1 reply
User Profile: YourInternetBuddy
YourInternetBuddy OP February 19th, 2023

@SirenOfSerenity

Exactly! Be you at all costs, we don't have long in this life and we shouldn't suppress who we are for anyone, we gotta make the best out of it!

I agree totally, there's no place in the world for anyone else but yourself, every other role is taken, only you.

load more
User Profile: generousWriter5974
generousWriter5974 February 19th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy

"Don't be stupid."

User Profile: aliothwyou
aliothwyou February 19th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy

if I ever get the chance to, I would probably stare into their eyes and say "don't get involved with people who will make you stay in the past forever, even though they're nice to you. Speaking is a way to socialize, not to torture yourself; don't push too much on it, take your time and you'd be able to talk to people much better !"

User Profile: modestSailboat1878
modestSailboat1878 February 19th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy you are SO much better than them. Work hard okay?


User Profile: Aqua7281
Aqua7281 February 19th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy

Some of your dreams will be fulfilled.

You will have friends. Treasure them, for as long as your friendship with them is going to last.

Study even harder. Don't judge the appearances.

Love people, and be yourself.

User Profile: EmeraldForest2006
EmeraldForest2006 February 19th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy

If I met my 10-year-old self, I would tell her that one person's opinion of her doesn't shape her identity. A human is a complex, multi-faceted being with a unique identity, and we simply cannot be summed up or entirely understood by other people. So instead of trying to seek the approval of others, she should have tried to just do things that make her happy, cherishing her youth while she still has it.

User Profile: SunshineInTheWoods
SunshineInTheWoods February 19th, 2023

I’d tell her to hang in there because I’m coming back for her.

User Profile: sanyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
sanyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa February 20th, 2023

Love yourself, don't trust strangers, believe in yourself.

User Profile: straightforwardCat951
straightforwardCat951 February 20th, 2023

Tell your aunt. She'll believe you, and will help. You don't need them to learn to be yourself, there are much better people that will help. Family doesn't always mean blood. The world is both bigger, and smaller, all at once, than you think it is.





User Profile: purpleSea7109
purpleSea7109 February 20th, 2023

@YourInternetBuddy

I say Hi nice to meet you my friend. What is your name? How old are you?

Click on my name I will help you.

purpleSea7109 is my name.