Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Send Some Encouragement and Joy to @BastionKnight

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 April 12th, 2025

Y’all know what to do. ;)

@BastionKnight, thank you for always being so kind and encouraging! <3

194
User Profile: Michael205
Michael205 April 12th, 2025

Good job Bastion! You are amazing!

1 reply
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 12th, 2025

@Michael205

Awww, bless your heart. Thank you for that, it is very much appreciated.

load more
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425

Thank you so much for kicking this all off. It was such an amazing tonic. I felt so much love and largess of heart from you all, and you were the instigator of that tidal wave of cheeriness. I wish i could repay you for it....repay all of you in fact. I am in your collective debt.

4 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 13th, 2025

You are so welcome, and you are absolutely worth it! <3

You don’t have to repay us. Pay it forward! Make a similar post for someone else you appreciate on here, while you recover. Pass on the smiles and encouragement to someone else <3

3 replies
load more
load more
User Profile: KindnessMatters2020
KindnessMatters2020 April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight

Awww Bastion my friend, sending you lots of healing beams to feel tip top real soon! Wishing you an easy and speedy recovery 🙏💖🙏🌸🙏Hope to see you back in EG soon💞

1 reply
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@KindnessMatters2020

*Smiles happily* Thank you so much. Those healing beams are very much appreciated and it is so kind of you to share them with me. You are a star!

load more
User Profile: ZenArashi
ZenArashi April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight

You’re in my prayers. Speedy recovery, Bastion.

img-4990_1744540411.jpeg


2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@ZenArashi

*Smiles warmly* Thank you so much. With all the well wishes I have received, I am confident my recovery speed will break the sound barrier. Your Haiku is as inspirational as it is uplifting, and I shall use it as a mantra as I try to do my little physio exercises in bed. 

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 13th, 2025

@ZenArashi what an absolutely precious quote 🥰

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 13th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 @BastionKnight I haven't had the pleasure to meet you yet but I can see how well liked you are in this community so I look forward to learning more about you 😊 I'm Amanda and I'm a new listener. I'm from the wild hills of Ireland, my passions are football, Gaa, hurling and chocolate. I don't take myself or anything too seriously, I've a good sense of humour, pretty open minded and chill 🥰 You take care and have a nice day!

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@Amanda84

It is a delight to make your acquaintance Amanda. The excellent folks in this community have all been exceptionally kind to me, and so I cannot sing their praises loud enough. It is nice to know we have another Listener amongst us (I have a lot of respect for all those who take up such a task, and I hope you find it rewarding). I look forward to seeing you around in the future, and thank you for very nice message. I hope the rest of your weekend is pleasant and that it sets you up nicely for the start of the fresh week to come.

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight thanks for your kind words, no doubt we will have many more chats in the future 😊🥰

load more
load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 13th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 @BastionKnight seems like you have alot of fans here 💖💖 just popping in to see how your feeling today?? And tell you I love you 💗

7 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11

*Offers heartfelt hugs* You are such a lovely person, so caring and thoughtful. It has made my day hearing you say those things. I hope you know that you are thought of equally fondly. As to how I am feeling,...how can one be anything but on top of the world when they have such an affectionate and cheery person such as yourself inquiring after them. 

I am reasonably comfortable and will keep pushing with my physio (admittedly that is still a bit limited at the moment, but wiggling toes and clenching muscles is still fun enough). Other than that i am ticketyboo. How about you? Has your issues with your injections been sorted? I hate to think of you being in discomfort. 

6 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight I'm glad you have such a great desire to never give up 💖 wiggling toes and muscles is a great start💖 I just wish the pain would leave you alone 💗💗 

my spine is broken at the bottom, it's not completely fixable so I'm paralysed from the waist down and they amputated my legs cause they were just dead weight. The injections help but im constantly in pain it's starts of low but increases through the day. So I know exactly what's it like for you and the pain your going through🙁 I'm keeping you in my prayers that you will heal quickly and get back on your feet💖 you can do this 💖💖

4 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11

*Would gladly shoulder that pain for you if it were possible* It is one of the many reasons i find you so amazing. The challenges you navigate so deftly, and with such an joyous spirit, never seem to pull you down. You seem to ooze exuberance, and your positive attitude is compelling and infectious. I empathise with you regarding the pain, and it is very unfair that someone as awesome as you should ever suffer. 

Yet you never are maudlin or anything other than a ball of boundless happiness and humour. You are great! That is not empty flattery, but rather a statement of fact. Tinywhisper is one of the most impressive and delightful human beings it has been my good fortune to cross paths with. You make me smile, and you warm my heart. And you make other people happy in your wake.....you are a comet of good feelings streaming across the sky. We all salute you!

3 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight I salute you right back sir knight💖💖

salute-cat.gif

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11

Sooooooo cute!! Brain is melting from the adorableness

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight 💖😁💖

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 14th, 2025

Ticketyboo :)

That makes me think of Mary Poppins hehe

load more
load more
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul April 13th, 2025

@BastionKnight Prince(ss) of prose. I enjoy reading your poetry. You and your words often offer hope and encouragement. You're kind and thoughtful to everyone you encounter. Thank you for being you!

knight-cavalier.gif

you-rock-national-compliment-day.gif

5 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 13th, 2025

@mytwistedsoul

*Smiles shyly* Awww, thank you so much. I looooooove the gifs!! They made me grin so much. And I am honoured that you like my poems. Your praise boosts my sense of self worth and encourages me to try harder. So on that score alone i am grateful. (Plus it is always pleasant hearing nice things said). I wish you a whole heap of fizzy feel good vibes to show how much your comments have raised me up. 

Thank you *Bows humbly*


4 replies
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul April 14th, 2025

@BastionKnight  You're welcome 😊 I forgot to send some good healing vibes 

the-wheel-of-time-wot.gif

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 14th, 2025

Shall we refer to you as a prince or princess? Hehe. I know not your gender. Lol

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 14th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425

I would be honoured to be called by either epithet for both hold equal acclaim.

But if you wanted to know my gender, I am male *Bows with a flourish*.

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 14th, 2025

Thank you! It’s hard to figure out how to picture people lol

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: halcyonCloud2036
halcyonCloud2036 April 14th, 2025

@BastionKnight Hey there Bastion, I’m so sorry to hear that you needed to get spine surgery but I know your strong spirit and omnipresent positivity will get you through this! I’m sending you all the thoughts, prayers and good wishes for healing and feeling better soon 🙌🤗💞

1 reply
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 14th, 2025

@halcyonCloud2036

*Smiles cheerfully* It is all good. It gives me the perfect excuse to lay on my back looking out of my window up at the clouds during the day and stars at night...so there is one silver lining amongst many. Thank you for your message, it means a lot to me. It gives me such a sparkly feeling inside that I am at a loss to describe, other than to express that it is thoroughly pleasant and moreish...the umami flavour of feelings maybe? 

load more
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 14th, 2025

Are you getting a lot of reading done while you recover? <3

4 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 14th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425

I am indeed. There is only so much staring at the ceiling and walls one can manage before the urge to read becomes overpowering.;

I am currently Re-reading my way through my collection of DiskWorld novels, and the Redwall series of books. I have also been checking out the poetry submissions by many excellent posters on the forums here. I was going to make my way through The Count of Monte Cristo, but it is on a shelf just out of my reach...and despite my best attempts to juri-rig a book-seeking harpoon from a combination of my laptop charging cable, a pillowcase, and a teaspoon,...that particular novel has remained beyond my grasp.

3 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 14th, 2025

Can you download Libby or Hoopla? They’re free, and just require a library card! You can read TONS of books without having to get up.

Also, isn’t anyone helping you, that could grab the book for you? <3

2 replies
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 14th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425

I shall take a look into your recommendations of Libby and Hoopla. I indeed do have some assistance from my sister, but as it is currently 6AM, she might take umbrage at me calling her up to come and get a book off a high shelf for me. 

As I am a currently a patient...I shall just have to learn patience. *Smiles*

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 14th, 2025

TIL that umbrage is a word. Lol

Try the apps while you’re waiting for her to come home! Also, check out the Bored Panda app. That will keep you entertained for awhile hehe

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: PiecesOfWhoeverIWas
PiecesOfWhoeverIWas April 14th, 2025

@BastionKnight Our paths have crossed several times here. Your name quickly became an association for me with a wise word, thoughtfulness, and a great sense of humor. I look forward to interacting more around the community! I see you have recently had some pretty major surgery. I hope you are getting some rest and heal soon. I will keep you in my prayers. ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: BastionKnight
BastionKnight April 15th, 2025

@PiecesOfWhoeverIWas

I am honoured that my name evokes such positive elements for you, and I shall always endeavour to behave in a manner which seeks to be worthy of such thoughts. Thank you for your very kind message, it provides such a boost to my day and helps keep me smiling. I hope your day is equally pleasant, and filled with things that lighten your heart and excite your imagination.

*Bows respectfully*

load more