Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Things People Who Have Allergies Wish You Knew

If this is part of your life story, please share your insights! What would you like the rest of us to learn? What should we know about people in this community? How would you like people to interact with you? Should people ask questions? What’s the best way for people to learn about this? Do you have any resources (books, movies, YT videos, etc) that will give us greater understanding and empathy and kindness toward people who experience the same things you do?


If you’re not on this journey, we welcome you to listen, learn, and ask respectful, good-faith questions! Open-ended questions are highly encouraged, as they give people the space to share their unique experiences in their own words. While this is a safe space to learn about things you’ve never experienced, please remember to be sensitive, and avoid sharing harmful stereotypes or debating someone's lived reality. If you have a question, ask it with empathy. If someone gently corrects you, please be open to learning. Let's have a gentle, fun, friendly conversation where we support one another, because it takes all sorts to make a world!

15
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 30th

@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @NobleSeeker @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125  @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @TovaCares76 @sabeyesofblue3535 @AiluraTheCat @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SlappyMcGee @SunshineJazz @LexListens2025 @Heather225 @agreeableSkies9889 @HopeAura @rainbowBridge46

I’m adding a taglist to start, but this post is open to absolutely everyone! <3

1 reply
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Thanks for tagging me ❤️

load more

I'm a big time sneezer. 😂 I can sneeze like 6+ times back to back and then say "Ok, I'm done. That's all." And then right after I'm back sneezing again as if I have to do it once more for the road. Lol. 😂 Anytime my body reacts to something, I'm just like "Don't mind me. It's my allergies kickin' in. I'm not sick." 🤣😂 

allergie-sneeze.gif

6 replies
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

@YourCaringConfidant ❤️❤️

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@YourCaringConfidant

hug-love.gif

4 replies

@trueconfidant123 If you want a huggie, TC 🦩,all you gotta do is ask! 😂🫢🤪 But I'm going to gladly accept that hug! Throw me a blankie and a stuffed animal too while you're at it. Please and thanks! 

3 replies
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@YourCaringConfidant

I know you love hugs.

And noted ma'am, here you go!

perfect-music-video.gif

2 replies

@trueconfidant123 

bff-best-friends.gif

1 reply
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@YourCaringConfidant

love-you-greeting.gif

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: politePlace5370
politePlace5370 April 30th

My dad and I are both really allergic to trees and grass. It’s not like peanuts or anything, but it’s really annoying.

Also, not all antihistamines (allergy meds) work for everyone. The one my dad takes doesn’t affect me, so if I want to not sneeze when I take a step outside, I need to get my own.

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425

It's exhausting.

It takes over your day.

Just makes your day sadly more uncomfortable.

People think you're being dramatic!

4 replies
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@Amanda84

cat.gif

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 30th

@trueconfidant123

💜

load more

@Amanda84 

squish-hug.gif

1 reply
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 April 30th

@YourCaringConfidant

💜

load more
load more