Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Things People Who Have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Wish You Knew

If this is part of your life story, please share your insights! What would you like the rest of us to learn? What should we know about people in this community? How would you like people to interact with you? Should people ask questions? What’s the best way for people to learn about this? Do you have any resources (books, movies, YT videos, etc) that will give us greater understanding and empathy and kindness toward people who experience the same things you do?


If you’re not on this journey, we welcome you to listen, learn, and ask respectful, good-faith questions! Open-ended questions are highly encouraged, as they give people the space to share their unique experiences in their own words. While this is a safe space to learn about things you’ve never experienced, please remember to be sensitive, and avoid sharing harmful stereotypes or debating someone's lived reality. If you have a question, ask it with empathy. If someone gently corrects you, please be open to learning. Let's have a gentle, fun, friendly conversation where we support one another, because it takes all sorts to make a world!

5
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 30th

@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @NobleSeeker @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125  @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @TovaCares76 @sabeyesofblue3535 @AiluraTheCat @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SlappyMcGee @SunshineJazz @LexListens2025 @Heather225 @agreeableSkies9889 @HopeAura @rainbowBridge46

I’m adding a taglist to start, but this post is open to absolutely everyone! <3

1 reply
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Thanks for tagging me ❤️

load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425 Looking forward to this thread 🤍

User Profile: ScrabbleBrain
ScrabbleBrain April 30th

I wasn't officially diagnosed with this and the only TV reference I saw was from The Golden Girls when Dorothy got sick and was trying to get answers and I balled my eyes out during that episode, that was so me..

All Doctors ever said was it's a possibility you have this or that, the rest of the time.... Oh you're fine and healthy.

But when this first started I was really young and I felt so drained suddenly doing my every day routine. It was almost like functioning while feverish, something is wrong but you don't know what...

I used to walk so much and then other contributing factors made it really painful. It was more like I was running a marathon, not just walking up the street.

At the worst point, I was struggling to pick up things, do my hair and lift my arms. It got easier and then now it's back to constant tiredness and wanting to rest, but insomnia, not letting me a times.

And I want to snap at people when they say, What did you do? And I reply I went to one shop and my body was done, I'm drained and they say, How can you be empty from just doing that?

I want to scream because I'm long term ill, that's why!!