Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you feel you can share - What do miss the most about your lost loved one?

User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 June 26th, 2022

It can be so difficult to talk about our loved ones, I do understand ❤️ but I've found writing in this forum really helpful.

I miss his very presence in the room, just knowing he was there, and I can't seem to fully get over this.

I'd love you to share if you can.


Lucy2


47
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 August 16th, 2022

today was my mothers birthday should not bother me at all but at the time of her passing we had been estranged for some time .....

she was no longer lucid when i got there and while it took time for her to finally let go i found out stuff about her i wish she had shared ... id not regret keeping distance as it was a safer for me and my kids as she was surrounded by toxic people. I think i wanted to pull the mess of her life out of the ashes after she passed only to find out that was simply not possible ......too far gone

I wish i had gotten some closure and that she would have tried to contact me before her life went downhill so fast ........ i think she had some things to say or maybe she wants revenge since i left but honestly feel like she is not watching out for me but throwing rocks at my life ........it has had turmoil since the day she died.

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 OP August 17th, 2022

Hello @toughTiger6481

Yours is a very sad story and I can empathise in as much that I too was estranged from my Mother, and didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye.

It's horrible for you {{{hugs}}}

What I would say is don't torture yourself, if you can, go to the place she is buried/cremated and say your goodbyes. Then go home to your own life and try not to think negatively, but to hold a place in your heart that you tap into occasionally and do your best to move forward now ❤️

Lucy2

User Profile: Judy7
Judy7 August 25th, 2022

@toughTiger6481 Your story brought tears to my eyes. It is hard sometimes to let our parents go when they do not want to make the right choices for their lives. I can feel your pain through you words. I pray that you will give yourself grace.

load more
User Profile: fearfultoast
fearfultoast August 24th, 2022

i miss his kindness. there are few people i’ve met who are as genuinely good as he was, and i miss that.

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 OP August 24th, 2022

@fearfultoast

I'm sure you do and I'm so sorry <3


Lucy2


load more
User Profile: teenytinyturtle
teenytinyturtle August 24th, 2022

@lucy2

I miss her care free attitude. Whenever any of us doubted anything, she would be like, ' well if it's what you want, who cares!' the things I got done because of her! She was proud of her family. Her smile, her laugh. She could talk for hours on end which was always funny when you said you needed to go about twenty times but neither wanted to put down the phone. And then the smell of her perfume. Her house where she always kept chocolates for my cousin and I when we were little, and parents used to sneak it too! Her care for nature, making her garden a haven for wildlife. The volunteering she used to do for all kinds of communities. Such a busy, kind, warm, bubbly lady.

Sorry, a bit tearful 🥺

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 OP August 24th, 2022

@CalmCoral

She was a very caring, loving person {{{hug}}}


Lucy2

load more
User Profile: yourbuddy30
yourbuddy30 August 24th, 2022

@lucy2 I miss the way he cared for me and scolded me when i dint take care of myself. I miss the love he gave me

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 OP August 24th, 2022

@yourbuddy30


He sounds a fine man, and you clearly miss him very much <3


Lucy2

load more
User Profile: Judy7
Judy7 August 25th, 2022

@lucy@

I miss my great niece's zest for life, her smile and laughter. For just being 19 teen she touched many lives with her love. She passed a year ago today.

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 OP August 25th, 2022

@Judy7

That's just so sad Judy, my heart goes out to you and her family<3


Lucy2

1 reply
User Profile: Judy7
Judy7 August 26th, 2022

@lucy2 Thank you

load more
load more
User Profile: CoolBeans29
CoolBeans29 August 25th, 2022

He was very funny, and when he was around we joke around often.

1 reply
User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 OP August 25th, 2022

@CoolBeans29

I've heard that laughter is a great asset in partnership and I'm pleased you experienced it <3


Lucy2

load more
User Profile: Judy7
Judy7 August 26th, 2022

I miss not being happy and not being able to just talk to people without feeling that what I have to say doesn't matter.

User Profile: Judy7
Judy7 August 26th, 2022

I miss my dad a lot these days. He has been gone since 2013 but it seems like just yesterday. I spent a lot of time growing up at my dad's side doing different things with him. He was a fun and loving person that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I would have never made it through life without him. He is my hero.

User Profile: Marialedoffchoseme
Marialedoffchoseme August 26th, 2022

Her smell

User Profile: SoulfulSound
SoulfulSound August 26th, 2022

@lucy2 his acceptance towards me ... Towards my thoughts my opinions ... My way of living my life ... He accepted me for who i was .... Yeah after he left .... I lost myself ... Im not the same person anymore ... Even i sometimes said this to myself in the mirror ... That no you are not me ...