Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ICEBREAKER FUN: "TAKE CARE TUESDAY"

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean May 16th, 2023

TUESDAY 5/16/23

HEY EVERYONE~ As part of "MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH", ITS "TAKE CARE TUESDAY"~


"HOW ARE "YOU" TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF TODAY"?!


image_1684263499.png

27
User Profile: nordurnStar
nordurnStar May 17th, 2023

"HOW ARE "YOU" TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF TODAY"?!

  • Made sure to plan a window to call my cousin while I was walking from my last meeting of the morning to my lunch meeting across the city center, so had some family connection in the middle of work there that was brief but very nice! I always feel better when I do my part to keep my family network woven together.
  • I am also trying to keep consistent with maintaining a realistically optimistic attitude about anything that comes up in our lives. We are in a season of such busyness, and I don't think that's going to change really in the next five years, so I'd like to keep working at living in this environment in a way I could admire.
5 replies
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch May 18th, 2023

@nordurnStar

Nordurn! It’s been a while since we’ve crossed paths. Good to see you again.

It sounds like you had a productive day! That’s wonderful that you were able to squeeze some family time in-between your work life. It’s important to have a good balance between the professional and personal parts of your life.

Keep taking care of yourself! Wishing you all the best. 🩵

Your friend,

Autumn 🍁

4 replies
User Profile: nordurnStar
nordurnStar May 18th, 2023

@TheAutumnWitch Oh my goodness hello Autumn!!! I hope things are so good for you! There must be so much that has happened. I'm glad to see your name again.

3 replies
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch May 18th, 2023

@nordurnStar

Hello, Nordurn! 😊

I’ve been experiencing my fair share of ups and downs. I briefly got a job, but I ended up only being able to work there for about a month before it took too much of a toll on my physical health. So for now, I’m trying to focus on healing. At any rate, I’ve gotten medical insurance now, and I’m trying to apply for disability as well, so that’s progress. Other than that, I’ve been reading and baking more. It’s very relaxing to unwind with a good book and a plate of piping-hot homemade cookies.

How have you been?? 😄

2 replies
User Profile: nordurnStar
nordurnStar May 19th, 2023
@TheAutumnWitch

Absolute best of luck with disability -- I have heard from my friends in the states that it's incredibly hard to convince the officials there that you should have what you need and deserve.

Reading and baking! What wonderful hobbies. My husband loves both and they are certainly charming qualities to have. What do you like to read? I recently read a book by a Canadian I really loved: it's called Bear and it's by Marian Engel. I think there are lots of people that might not be happy with its subject matter !! But it was such an excellent depiction of a woman's life. What kinds cookies do you bake?
1 reply
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch May 19th, 2023

@nordurnStar

Thank you; I’m going to need it. The health care system here is terrible, and I’m certainly not a billionaire who doesn’t need to worry about budgeting. I’ve been receiving shots for my pain, and those easily cost $100 per injection.

There’s something cozy about pairing up a book and freshly-baked food together. I like all sorts of genres, but if I had to narrow it down, I’d say I most frequently read fantasy, fairy tales (both original and retellings), poetry, and Russian literature. I might look into that book at some point! My “to be read” list is constantly expanding. As for cookies, I also bake a wide variety. It depends on what I’m craving at the moment, as well as what I’d like to treat my roommates to. My favorite would be my homemade Nutella cookies, whereas my roommates prefer my lemon and blueberry cookies. I’m planning on baking some cinnamon, chocolate and orange cookies soon, though! We’ll see how that goes.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 May 19th, 2023

Hi Ocean! @PoliteOcean

Tonight I am taking care of myself by going to bed early (okay earlier). I had a strange overnight wake vs sleep last night that I do not want to repeat tonight. So though it is now 12:38AM here, I am beginning the "Going to Bed" now. Which is earlier than the last several nights :)

~Platy

1 reply
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP May 19th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

Hey there Platy! Long time no see!

That is so great that you are taking care of yourself by working on getting to bed earlier. (I too have done that and it makes such a positive difference). The more you do it and practice it, the better and easier it gets and becomes. (I used to be such a "Night-owl"!)... I hope that it went well for you!

Thank you so much for stopping by to share with us, and continue to keep up the great work that you are doing!



load more