Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Aiming Higher Than Low Self Esteem

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity July 24th, 2022

Hello again my beloved Cupsters ✨️☕️


Maxwell Maltz was an American cosmetic surgeon and the creator of Psycho-Cybernetics, a body of beliefs he believed could help people feel better about themselves and lead to a more successful and satisfying existence.

A quote from Maltz I'd love to share (and can personally relate to), "Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-brake on".

Reflection Question: How often have you held yourself back from something you're truly interested in exploring or contributing to due to low self esteem?

You are not alone, it took me years to finally allow myself to let go of the hand-brake and fearlessly step on my road to healing and progress. Here is a wonderful article providing an deep look into self esteem, the causes of low self esteem, and tips to over this:

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/tips-and-support/raise-low-self-esteem/

Next, I invite you to reflect, answer or share your thoughts on the following questions based on what you've read in the provided article:

1) What is the "ideal destination" you're trying to reach in your journey, and how do you feel an improvement in your self esteem will help you reach this?

2) Do you feel your self esteem needs an improvement or boost?

3) What are some practices, whether from the article or your own method, that you plan to implement in order to raise your self esteem?



This post is brought to you by the Content Development & Marketing Program. Find out more information about the program here

14
July 25th, 2022

@SirenOfSerenity Oh this is amazing post, Siry

That analogy hits the spot right on

1) What is the "ideal destination" you're trying to reach in your journey, and how do you feel an improvement in your self esteem will help you reach this?
I am trying to reach a point where I can help people unleash their best. But my own hand brake is slowing me down. It tells me, there is still time maybe

2) Do you feel your self esteem needs an improvement or boost?
It does. I feel all the "there is still time" voice is coming from the hand brake

3) What are some practices, whether from the article or your own method, that you plan to implement in order to raise your self esteem?

Try this link The 5 Hidden Faces of Self-Esteem | 7 Cups

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity OP July 25th, 2022

@DonaldDraper

:o thank you for sharing the link, this is perfect! I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Don! 😊

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity OP July 25th, 2022

@DonaldDraper

Thats also an incredible destination you will reach

load more
User Profile: TeenyTinyAppy
TeenyTinyAppy July 26th, 2022

Thank you, I really enjoyed that article. I prefer to use the questions for my private journal instead of posting my answers here... I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your effort.

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity OP July 26th, 2022

Journaling, even better 😌 I commend you for reflecting on the answers!

load more
July 29th, 2022

Thankyou. It is really helpful

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity OP July 29th, 2022

@comfortingLight8294

💙💙💙

load more
User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 July 29th, 2022

@SirenOfSerenity

Reflection Question: How often have you held yourself back from something you're truly interested in exploring or contributing to due to low self esteem?

actually, this is a great question! there have been many times that i have held myself back from taking up something that interests me, something new perhaps, because of low self esteem at that particular moment. i think that in those instances, i take things day by day and use coping skills to feel better about taking up these new interests!


1) What is the "ideal destination" you're trying to reach in your journey, and how do you feel an improvement in your self esteem will help you reach this??

my ideal destination in life is to reach a point in life that will give me comfort, peace of mind and happiness in one small package. an improvement in my self esteem would help me to feel better about getting to this destination.


2) Do you feel your self esteem needs an improvement or boost?

i feel that some days where i wake up with severe depression, which happens to me on occasion, a better self esteem would help me feel better about getting up and starting a new day.


3) What are some practices, whether from the article or your own method, that you plan to implement in order to raise your self esteem?

in order to raise my self esteem, i plan on just trying to be myself and not imitate anyone or anything else. i am my own identity, i also want to be this identity and not try too hard to please other people at the cost of losing my identity.

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity OP July 29th, 2022

@NewYorker11

I admire your honesty and self awareness, I just created an article incorporating both self awareness and self esteem: https://www.7cups.com/forum/HealthyLiving_141/MentalEmotionalHealthWellbeing_1047/WhySelfLoveIsNotSelfishItIsNourishment_282567/ 💙


As you mentioned, it's definitely a change to take day by day. Your candid reflections will help many others who share similar challenges feel a boost to keep moving forward. Thank you so much

load more
User Profile: mary31
mary31 July 30th, 2022

@SirenOfSerenity


1) What is the "ideal destination" you're trying to reach in your journey, and how do you feel an improvement in your self esteem will help you reach this?

My ideal destination is saying what I think without fear of being judged, make new friends, get my own life and not depending so much of my relationship and not letting people being mean or say things I don't like about me without listening what I have to say.

Improving my self steem will give me courage to put myself out there and face my difficulties.


2) Do you feel your self esteem needs an improvement or boost?

Yes, I have too high standards for myself, lots of guilty about the past and tend to think negatively about myself and life in general.


3) What are some practices, whether from the article or your own method, that you plan to implement in order to raise your self esteem?

- Try to build positive relationships

- Be more assertive

- Going to the church to try to get more social this weekend (not too much expectations but I want to see how I feel until I find a place more comfortable to socialize).

I loved this post. Keep doing this great work :D

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity OP July 30th, 2022

@mary31

The way you mapped out your reflection answers are going to lead you right towards success 💙💙 You're in control, just keep the faith and consistency

User Profile: mary31
mary31 July 30th, 2022

@SirenOfSerenity

thanks 😍

load more
load more