Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Challenging Thoughts Activity!

August 11th, 2022


Let's challenge our critical thoughts to give them a positive direction! Here is the activity:


Say a statement and reply to it too!


The statement could be any criticism of anything about your life or about 7cups and should be such that you could also offer a counter-argument to it.


Let me show you how to do it!!


Statement: I faltered again. I am a failure.

Reply: I did falter again, but I had made progress too! If I keep trying, I will falter less and less.


Simple?


Here is a 7cups-related example:

Statement: Listening does not solve any problem, so there is no use of connecting with a listener at 7cups.

Reply: True that we aren't allowed to give advice as listeners but just being there for a member is very powerful in itself! It helps to feel heard by someone in a compassionate and empathetic way.



Got it?


Now you do it! Make a critical statement and reply to it too!


Make sure to keep the inner monologue healthy and constructive!


58
User Profile: FaithfulPrune9638
FaithfulPrune9638 August 13th, 2022

@Fristo

Statement: Oftentimes I feel like no one wants me around.

Reply: I may have a down day, but I can always practice self-care to lift my spirit.

User Profile: Garima21
Garima21 August 13th, 2022

Statement: I'm alone feel lonely all the time, there's no one for me


Reply: You have yourself, you don't need the world, enjoy ur own company, laugh with your own self

User Profile: WharfRat
WharfRat August 13th, 2022

Statement: I don't feel like I've accomplished anything in life and I've just been taking up space by existing.


Reply: Just surviving the abuse and its aftermath had been an accomplishment, and I'm still alive, so I may yet go on to do something I feel is worthwhile and will justify my existence.



User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 August 13th, 2022

@Fristo

Statement : Ugh! It's too much, I hate this ocd, I want this intrusive thoughts gone, just have peace, but how? I can't get help and no one listens to me or understands. Nothing works really..

Reply : I know it's too much and there is said that old does have a cure but can be helped by therapy. I could try to be calm and use coping strategies, though they don't help. I don't know what to do but I can hope to get better and try to tell my problems. Just keep hopes, to get better.

User Profile: calmmoon2104
calmmoon2104 August 13th, 2022

@calmmoon2104 *ocd doesn't have a cure

load more
User Profile: AloneMoment225
AloneMoment225 August 13th, 2022

I feel like crying because I feel like everything I do isn't good enough

User Profile: JJfox1234
JJfox1234 August 13th, 2022

Same :)) I'm sure ur good tho

User Profile: Sl1
Sl1 September 15th, 2022

@AloneMoment225
You are certainly enough

load more
User Profile: oliveThinker8423
oliveThinker8423 August 13th, 2022

Statement: I'm unhappy and feel increasingly like life is pointless and lonely.


Counter Statement: You're being too hard on yourself. You're doing your best and life is challenging for everyone.

User Profile: MayStorm
MayStorm August 13th, 2022

@oliveThinker8423. I love your counter statement. Such a powerful reminder. Great reframe.

load more
User Profile: Username283
Username283 August 13th, 2022

Ok I can try atleast.

Statement

What is the purpose of joining 7 cups if it is only a temporary cause, I will be stressing out again..

Reply

Yes it's for temporary but there is someone who listens to you with no judgement at all. Atleast there is someone who listens to you continuously..

User Profile: Luna268
Luna268 August 15th, 2022

@Username283

I think you came up with a great one!

At some point I also thought, why bother coming here if it's just temporary.

But I realized that whenever I needed it, this was the place where I could always find someone to listen whenever I felt like there was a knot in my throat because I felt I was about to yell as hard as I could.

7 cups helped me, not only by being listened. But by being around others who I can listen to.

This then made me realize, it's not temporary. 7 cups is now continuously in my life in small doses at a time as I need it.

Take care 💛

User Profile: Username283
Username283 September 13th, 2022

I am so happy for you, you found this and able to cope with it. And yeah same thing. You spoke my heart. I also thought the same that 7 cups is now my part of life. Which keeps supporting you like a family. Best wishes to you🌸💕. I pray that you always find the right path and the happiness you are finding🌸. Take care

User Profile: Luna268
Luna268 September 14th, 2022

@Username283

Wish you the best, as well!!
🌷

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: MayStorm
MayStorm August 13th, 2022

Statement: I was authentic to a friend and now have been ghosted. The real me is too much for people.


Reframe: you deserve to be you. I believe there are people in this world that will love me for me.

User Profile: LLils
LLils September 14th, 2022

@Fristo

Neg: I choose the path of giving up. I don't have it in me to start again and again. like it is a norm.

Pos: Accept and embrace the path of giving up. Because it is to be honest the most joyful thing I've tasted.


Neg: 7cups Path exercises I really don't know where the answers go. but there are comments. so, they go somewhere.

Pos: I like them because, I understand even better some. Or at least I can get things in focus more.

User Profile: mary31
mary31 September 14th, 2022

@Fristo

Statement: I am not able to stay by myself wihout thinking in a negative way. I must be busy.

I am able to stay by myself and think about good things about me and my life. I will be ok alone.😊