Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Challenging Thoughts Activity!

August 11th, 2022


Let's challenge our critical thoughts to give them a positive direction! Here is the activity:


Say a statement and reply to it too!


The statement could be any criticism of anything about your life or about 7cups and should be such that you could also offer a counter-argument to it.


Let me show you how to do it!!


Statement: I faltered again. I am a failure.

Reply: I did falter again, but I had made progress too! If I keep trying, I will falter less and less.


Simple?


Here is a 7cups-related example:

Statement: Listening does not solve any problem, so there is no use of connecting with a listener at 7cups.

Reply: True that we aren't allowed to give advice as listeners but just being there for a member is very powerful in itself! It helps to feel heard by someone in a compassionate and empathetic way.



Got it?


Now you do it! Make a critical statement and reply to it too!


Make sure to keep the inner monologue healthy and constructive!


58
User Profile: MoonLightShadow423
MoonLightShadow423 September 15th, 2022

Statement: I want to drink my problems away when things get ridiculous at work.


Solutions: laugh it up instead of getting frustrated with projects.

User Profile: Sl1
Sl1 September 15th, 2022

@Fristo
Statement: Bad things keep happening to me because I am awful and deserve it.
Reply: My life is rearranging itself to allow great things to happen. There is no inherently bad or good person.

User Profile: NewYorker11
NewYorker11 September 15th, 2022

@Fristo

statement - i feel so hopeless and depressed right now, i wonder if this will ever end

reply - sometimes, life does not give you perfection, but always remember that if you find ways to cope with your depression and develop coping skills, you will not feel this bad ever again.


User Profile: Shubhangi96
Shubhangi96 September 15th, 2022

@Fristo.

Statement: I am feeling stuck in my career.

Reply: Take one step at a time and don't try to aim for perfection.