Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Art of Self-Compassion: Caring for Yourself on Tough Days

User Profile: ScorpiaD
ScorpiaD April 3rd, 2025

How do you show yourself compassion on your hardest days?

4
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 3rd, 2025

@ScorpiaD I'm really bad at self compassion, talking to God helps, and talking here at cups helps 💖

User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 April 3rd, 2025

@ScorpiaD

Reading the Bible, always reminds me that God understands everything about me and still loves me, he loves me so much that his very love is what keeps me in existence! I am bad about reading regularly but when I am super down and remember I can feel his love. ❤️

User Profile: sweetsnpeaches
sweetsnpeaches April 3rd, 2025

@ScorpiaD

this one is hard as i beat myself up easily and put high expectation for myself. usually i would take a breather and try to ground myself back to reality. staying calm really helps and just try to be patient with myself. i often realized that i give other people more chances and am more patient with them than i am with myself. and i think thats an unbalanced relationship. sometimes its easier to be more gentle towards yourself if you think/treat yourself in third person. i wouldn't do this 24/7, but just when im having a hard time and am beating myself up for it. 

User Profile: Celestine22
Celestine22 April 15th, 2025

@ScorpiaD

I always find these incredibly hard, but lately I try to listen more to my body. Tough days, it depends on what my body is asking for, is it a tough day on which I just need alone time? Most likely, after work, I lay down comfortably on my bed and watch my serie. Is it a tough day on which I crave connection with other people? I try to reach out to a friend and meet up. 
Is it a week on which I know that I crave lots of junk food (due to hormones, Im a woman) then I just let myself enjoy it, and I shop accordingly. Is it a week more towards the beginning of a new cycle, I try to eat healthy and gets lots of salads and veggies. I try to not feel bad anymore on days I don't eat my vegetables and fruits. I just try to listen to my body.