Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Wellness Wednesday: 7/23/25 (5 Strategies for a Healthy Summer)!

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean July 23rd, 2025

HEY ALL~ 


WELCOME TO WELLNESS WEDNESDAY~ 


☀️Today we are discussing “5 Strategies for a Healthy Summer”!~ 


☀️The lazy days of summer are upon us! Warm weather, pool hangs, vacations & trips . . . it’s the season of the sunshine. But, with schedules changing, increased leisure activities, & possibly more social outings, it can become challenging to maintain the healthy habits that you’ve worked to establish all year long. Here are a few strategies to help keep up your healthy living goals all summer long:  


img-4267_1753281086.jpeg


1.) STAY HYDRATED 💦

Did you know that over half of your body is made up of water? It’s a vital resource for carrying out essential functions, including regulating body temperature, keeping your systems running & functioning properly & transporting nutrients throughout your body. In fact, when you’re in a state of dehydration, these functions are all impaired… yikes! Spending extra time in the sun or getting extra sweaty, can increase the risk for dehydration. Make sure to bring a water bottle with you wherever you go! Also consider discussing with your healthcare provider if adding an electrolyte replacement is right for you, to help keep your body hydrated! 



2.) SNACK WISELY  🍇

Whether you’re spending a leisurely day by the pool or hustling between activities, remember to keep healthy snacks available. Preparation really is key & if you’ve got a few nutritious options ready-to-go, then it’s much easier to keep making healthy choices that support your overall wellness goals.  



3.) KEEP MOVING🚶‍♀️

Consistently sticking with the same workout routine that you established earlier in the year can sometimes become a challenge as you continue to move throughout the year…. The great thing about summer however, is that it’s easier to incorporate activity throughout the day. So, if you can’t fit in a traditional workout, remember to include some movement into your day: toss the frisbee, swim for a couple laps in the pool, walk your pet, go for a nature walk etc.. everything counts! If you’re spending time in the sun, just make sure to stay hydrated and use appropriate sun protection.  



4.) EAT THE RAINBOW 🥗

A great way to help keep food choices healthier is to focus on color. The phytochemicals that cause color in fruits & vegetables are linked to beneficial nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, fiber & antioxidants. Plus, fruits and vegetables are also full of water, which can help contribute to your overall hydration levels throughout the day!



5.) CATCH YOUR ZZZ’S 😴

Longer days can often lead to later bedtimes, so remember to prioritize your sleep! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that adults (including older adults) get at least 7-9 hours of sleep per night, yet nearly 40 percent of Americans get only six hours (or less) of sleep per night.4 If you’re finding it hard to get in adequate Zzz‘s, try setting a consistent schedule and establish a relaxing wind-down routine. Turn off your tv or phone & read a book. These things can help cue your body that it’s time to wind down and get ready for sleep.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️




⭐️QUESTIONS: 


1.) Do you feel you are hydrating enough in the Summer Months? What are you doing to get your hydration in?! 


2.) What Healthy snacks are you wisely choosing to support your goals this Summer?! Which snacks are your favorite?!


3.) How are you Moving & incorporating Summertime activity into your day?! 


4.) What is your favorite Fruit & Favorite Vegetable?!


5.) What things help you to Wind-down at night & get proper rest?! 

10
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 23rd, 2025

@PoliteOcean

Hydrating is usually a problem for me so I'm trying to incorporate water and smoothies too. I love an Apple or some strawberries for a snack. Swimming is what keeps me moving and I'm finding it hard to sleep in the heat , but getting in some good restful movie time in the evenings 

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP July 23rd, 2025

@Amanda84

I totally get it! Hydration can be unseemingly challenging some days?! But That’s awesome that you are trying to  incorporate other things like smoothies as well.. (I try to do Protein shakes & electrolytes after working out & on hotter days)… Smoothies are delicious 😋 

Apples & strawberries are wonderful fruit options for snacking! And apples have amazing fiber! Those two are on my list of favorites as well.. Great choices. 👍🏼

Swimming 🏊‍♀️! I love it! And so much fun! As well great for the entire body. 

I have to agree it’s been rather difficult to get a good rest with the heat (even though I love my summer months)! But it’s great that you are finding ways for yourself to work on this too. 

Thank you for sharing your responses with us on your strategies for a healthy summer! 


load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP July 23rd, 2025

1.) Do you feel you are hydrating enough in the Summer Months? What are you doing to get your hydration in?! …. I try my best, but sometimes I have to really work at it. I try adding in Protein shakes & Electrolytes after workouts & hotter days.~ 


2.) What Healthy snacks are you wisely choosing to support your goals this Summer?! Which snacks are your favorite?!…. I have a few things, but I love different fruits, Nuts in moderation, cottage cheese, and a few other things. 


3.) How are you Moving & incorporating Summertime activity into your day?!… I go to the gym daily, and like to change it up.. But I do Zumba, Aqua Zumba, Weights, Pound, Barre, & Swimming, & walking my Furbaby of course! 


4.) What is your favorite Fruit & Favorite Vegetable?!…. Probably Pinapple & Bananas for fruit & Corn & Potatoes for veggies. 


5.) What things help you to Wind-down at night & get proper rest?!… Listening to Meditation videos~ 

User Profile: Rose1324
Rose1324 July 23rd, 2025

@PoliteOcean

1.) Do you feel you are hydrating enough in the summer months? What are you doing to get your hydration in?! Sometimes, most of the time, I am hydrated enough, but not always due to my medical issues. I drink lots of stevia water or Kool-Aid.

2.) What healthy snacks are you wisely choosing to support your goals this summer?! Which snacks are your favorite?! I eat cheese and crackers; they are cheap, easy, and healthy. I love fruits and vegetables, but I cannot eat them all of the time. Every once in a great rare while, I will have a 3 Musketeers.

3.) How are you moving & incorporating summertime activity into your day?! I use a stationary bike and dumbbells. I also take my service cat out for walks.

4.) What is your favorite fruit & favorite vegetable?! Kiwi, banana, watermelon, and purple grapes are my favorites. Spinach is mainly my favorite vegetable.

5.) What things help you to wind down at night & get proper rest?! I watch TV until I fall asleep or shut everything off and put my mask on.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP July 23rd, 2025

@Rose1324

Hi there! 

That’s understandable… I think many of us have issues hydrating properly all the time.. But It’s good that you feel that you are mostly on the positive side of hydration! 

That’s good that you love fruits & veggies & are able to squeeze them in when you can.. I think even “sometimes” is better than never at all!.. (While also treating yourself in moderation to other things you enjoy & not depriving yourself).~ 

How great that you are able to incorporate activity you enjoy through a stationary bike & dumbbells! Not to mention your service cat! How awesome! Pets are wonderful~ These are all amazing ways to stay active! Keep up the great work. 👍🏼

Wow, you have a wonderful array of “favorite” fruits & veggies! Those are great choices.. 👍🏼

Also Great job to you on having a “wind down” routine to help get proper rest! That’s so important & beneficial. 

You are doing a great job and thank you for sharing all of these amazing responses with us! 

load more
User Profile: Lovingswan22
Lovingswan22 July 24th, 2025

@PoliteOcean

1.) Do you feel you are hydrating enough in the Summer Months? What are you doing to get your hydration in?! No, I don't think I am hydrating enough in the Summer months. I am drinking a water bottle each day but I believe I need to drink more water. I do drink coffee, tea, juice, and soda. 

2.) What Healthy snacks are you wisely choosing to support your goals this Summer?! Which snacks are your favorite?! I am choosing to eat bars, and fruit. My favorite snack is smoothies. 


3.) How are you Moving & incorporating Summertime activity into your day?! I have been dancing and walking around. 


4.) What is your favorite Fruit & Favorite Vegetable?! My favorite fruit and vegetable is peaches, and lettuce. 


5.) What things help you to Wind-down at night & get proper rest?! Watching tv and lying down while watching the tv show or movie helps me wind down at night. 

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP July 24th, 2025

@Lovingswan22


Hi there~ 

It can be challenging for many of us to meet our hydration goals through water alone (for various personal reasons)… If you are drinking sugary juices & sodas, sometimes the sugar in those makes us crave them even more! Making it even more difficult to hydrate with water alone~ Maybe you could create a small goal for yourself to cut back or eliminate one or the other, (& eventuality both), and incorporate water in their place as you go?! Working on that might help you if you feel you need to get in more water daily?! Maybe you could try it for even a week & see how things go?!

Great job on on the fruits & smoothies and using them as your snacks. 👍🏼

Dancing! 💃 yes! I love it!… It’s definitely one of my most favorite ways to move & get in activity. And it’s awesome as well that you are walking around, getting in movement and steps! Keep up the great work. 

Mmmm 😋… Peaches! 🍑 So yummy!.. And lettuce is an amazing staple & base for so many wonderful & healthy options (like salads, sandwiches, wraps, & more)! Great choices! 👍🏼

I think falling asleep to a show or movie is something that helps alot of people to relax & unwind at night… (Unless you’re watching a really great show of course! Lol then it’s just hard to turn it off)! Lol 

Thanks so much for stopping in to share your “Healthy Summer” responses with us! 

load more
User Profile: elekhika
elekhika July 24th, 2025

Thanks for such a wonderful post! 😍

In the part of the world where I live, the climate tends to be quite hot and humid. So, staying hydrated is absolutely essential to help the body cope-both inside and out. I'd love to share some of my personal summer habits to keep cool and refreshed:

  1. I make sure to drink at least 8 to 9 glasses of water daily.

  2. I have coconut water every day. Though, during times of high demand when prices shoot up, I switch to having it on alternate days.

  3. I'm a big fan of lemon 🍋 water. I usually add a pinch of rock salt and roasted cumin-it works wonders for digestion! I avoid adding sugar, but for those with a sweet tooth, healthier alternatives like jaggery or brown sugar are great options.

  4. One of my favourite summer drinks is 'sattu'. It’s not just fantastic for fighting off the scorching heat, but also a great source of protein and energy.

  5. I also enjoy soups and shakes. While soups are often thought of as a winter thing, it's all about the ingredients. For example, my summer soup includes beetroot, carrot, bottle gourd, and a generous squeeze of lemon juice topped with fresh coriander leaves. 🍃😋

Let me know if any of you follow similar habits, resonate with any of these, or if you'd like to try them out!

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP July 24th, 2025

@elekhika

Hi there~ 

So glad you enjoy the post! 😊

Wow it sounds like you have an Insanely AWESOME grasp on getting in healthy Hydration for yourself! Great job to you there! 👍🏼


These are all amazing ways & tips to hydrate the body on hot & humid summer days, as well any other time!... I also like how you point out “Natural” ways with natural ingredients! 

And I too also like soup in the summer as well!.. Your “summer soup” sounds Amazingly delicious 😋~ 

Thank you for sharing these tips and your response with our community on your  Healthy Summer strategies! ☀️

User Profile: elekhika
elekhika July 25th, 2025

Yes! That's true I try to keep it as natural and healthy as possible. 😉 😋 I'm a big fan of organic & herbal products. 🌳 🍃 🍂 ☘️ 🍁 🍀 🌿

load more
load more