Fitness Friday 07/21/17 - FitnessBlender 3 Day Flexibility Challenge
Welcome to Fitness Friday 07/21/17 - FitnessBlender 3 Day Flexibility Challenge!
Are you a couch potato?
Do you live a sedentary lifestyle or have to sit for long periods of time for your job, work or school?
Are your your muscles feeling tight, sore or stiff?
Do your neck and shoulders ache?
Is your back feeling not so great?
Do you want to increase your overall fitness/sports performance?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this challenge is for you!
This is a no-impact 3 Day Flexibility Challenge from FitnessBlender.com that just about anyone can do* - even if you dont currently exercise! These workouts are designed to improve flexibility and range of motion, relieve tight, sore muscles and lower stress levels.
Remember to respect where your body is starting from right now and you should notice an improvement in the ease of your daily movements after you complete the challenge!
How To Participate: (You can begin this challenge whenever you like!)
1. When you complete each workout (in any order you choose), please comment below and let us know what you thought about the workout, how you were feeling before you started, if you had to modify any of the movements and how you did so (so others might do the same) and how you felt after earning your Workout Complete!
2. Then after youve completed all 3 Challenge workouts, let us know how you are feeling now compared to when you started, what changes you notice in your movements and if you will incorporate these routines (or parts of them) into your regular routine!
(If you have ANY questions before you start or along the way, please either send me a message or leave a comment below!)
FitnessBlender 3 Day Flexibility Challenge
Length: 26-31 minutes
Difficulty Level: 1-2
Equipment needed: Optional Exercise/Yoga Mat
(*Safety First!! Please take the time to read the Healthy & Safety Warning at the beginning of each video and proceed at your own risk. Be sure you are cleared for exercise by your doctor, especially if you have any medical conditions or injuries. Modify (or eliminate) any movements as necessary to accommodate your current level of flexibility - nothing should cause pain.)
Day 1: Fluid Full Body Stretches for Flexibility & Stress Relief - A mix of active stretching and dynamic range of motion moves that will feel great on your muscles.
Day 2: Pilates Yoga Blend for Flexibility and Toning - A combination of yoga and Pilates exercises, this workout lightly tones while improving range of motion.
Day 3: Static Stretches for Flexibility and Range of Motion - A series of static stretches held for around 30 seconds each to increase flexibility.
Enjoy! :)
this is amazing!!! so excited to see this
@Laura
Thank you! You are welcome to join us! ♥
anyone can do??
i checked your site, and they dont look being like "anyone".
i dont see any with a disability on there.
is that really ok for people with disabilities and chronic pain?
@TortueDesBois
As noted above, check with your doctor for exercise clearance before beginning any exercise plan! :)
@TortueDesBois I agree with you that this a stretch on 'just about anyone can do'.
I've done supervised exercise for people who were medically cleared for it - there is plenty in here that would not be done in that program. I've also done yoga that was pretty gentle, and it involved more moment than another option. I see more moves in here that are likely to be an issue.
There's very little if anything that is going to work for all people. In terms of working for most though - there are options that would be inclusive of more people compared to this.
It's not a bad fitness challenge, and this does seem reasonable for a decent number of people to participate but a little bit more care into the wording of who this works for would be appreciated.
@AffyAvo
As noted above, check with your doctor for exercise clearance before beginning any exercise program. :)
@AlfalfaSproutDeux For sure checking in with a professional is the right way to figure out what works within limitations. When people have limitations though, it really sucks to see something listed as being something almost everyone can do and then not being able to do it.
@AlfalfaSproutDeux I have done some Fitness Blender workouts and really like them. I am going away on Monday so I might wait until after I get back to start this.
@SadMe70
I'm glad you've done some FB workouts in the past, so I hope you will enjoy these, too! There are stretches you can do any time and you can begin whenever you are ready!
I want to participate but is this a good idea for someone with a history of an ED?
@astray
Hi there! We'd love to have you participate! This challenge isn't about intense exercise to burn calories...it only focuses on stretching, flexibility and range of motion to help you feel better. :) Always consult with your doctor to be sure. If you have hesitations about participating, that's totally understandable and it's OK if you decide you'd rather not! If you want to talk more about it, you can always message me. Sending you hugs! ♥
@AlfalfaSproutDeux oh okay well it should be fine but I'll consult my doctor
I have been walking around a lot not to mention I spoke with my doctor and he said it was perfectly OK for me to do them but not to overdo it since I have lupus nephritis (kidney disease) he doesn't want me to put stress on my kidneys.
Well my nieces, nephew and my little cousins and I like to play Just Dance there is another mode that is called Just Sweat each song you are basically doing a workout my niece Kira's favourite one is Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) we workout to that one just about twice a day I think it's when he crosses his legs and moves his hips is what she likes tbqh but you really do feel the burn everywhere and you really do sweat.
@astray
I am so glad that you checked with your doctor and got the OK to give it a try! :) (Remember you can always modify or skip any movements that you dont feel comfortable with.) Sounds like you have been getting some nice activity in with your walking and playing Just Dance and Just Sweat with your cousins and niece!! Ive had a go with both of those before and they are quite a workout and tons of fun! Ill have to see if I can find my copy and add it back into my exercise rotation! Thank you for checking back in...hugs!!! ♥