Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Blueberries and their Health Benefits (article)

User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 April 15th, 2023

“Blueberries are a good source of soluble fiber, which binds cholesterol and removes it from the body, he said, and they are also high in antioxidants, which can reduce inflammation in the body. Both of these can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and events, said Pilchik.

And, of course: “blueberries are delicious,” he added. While blueberries are certain to provide a health boost, many foods are equally rich in polyphenols or other healthful compounds. Regularly eating a wide variety of foods ensures that you gain the most health benefits.

The Mediterranean diet, which emphasizes the consumption of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats such as olive oil, is a good example of a varied diet rich in nutrients. This diet has been shown to improve heart health and reduce the risk of dementia.”

My Takeaways:

  • Blueberries are not only delicious but they provide impressive health benefits! Blueberries contain fiber which help with regularity and weight loss as it can make you feel fuller than more carbohydrate and fat rich foods.

  • Additionally blueberries have an impressive antioxidant and nutrient profile with anti-inflammatory properties. This can lead to better heart health outcomes and also prevent age-related cognitive decline.

  • Blueberries are a delicious addition to many kinds of foods other than eating it alone (which is also great). Blueberries with yogurt, with pancakes, in smoothies, even making our ice cream a bit healthier! It’s flexible, delicious and very healthy!

Full article is here!

#Blueberries #Antioxidants #MentalHealth



*Do you like blueberries?

14
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean April 16th, 2023

@sunnyWriting4806


I Love Blueberries~

I absolutely cannot eat a bowl of Oatmeal without topping it with some Blueberries (and bananas)! I also eat & enjoy some Cottage cheese topped with Blueberries (and pineapple).


1 reply
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 OP April 19th, 2023

@PoliteOcean

Blueberries are so versatile, I feel like they can go on anything. I always ate my oatmeal with bananas and blueberries in university, it was such an easy but healthy way to start my day! Blueberries go so well with dairy products as well like yogurt or like what you said cottage cheese. Healthy and delicious :)

load more
User Profile: cafedaydreams
cafedaydreams April 17th, 2023

Love me some blueberries~ When I was younger I didn't like them but nowadays I either eat them in a smoothie, muffin, or as a fruit side.

1 reply
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 OP April 19th, 2023

@cafedaydreams

Same! When I was little I didn't appreciate the tanginess of it too much, but now I learned to pair it with a lot of other foods for it to be delicious :)

load more
User Profile: UberRuminator
UberRuminator April 18th, 2023

@sunnyWriting4806

I have blueberries every weekday morning with my breakfast.

1 reply
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 OP April 19th, 2023

@UberRuminator

A very healthy treat! I'm sure your body definitely loves you for that :)

load more
User Profile: Heart4art
Heart4art April 20th, 2023

Blueberries are the best!

1 reply
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 OP April 22nd, 2023

@Heart4art

They really are, do you enjoy eating them by themselves or with some other type of food?

load more
User Profile: hardworkingStrings2265
hardworkingStrings2265 April 20th, 2023

@sunnyWriting4806

I'm all about those blueberry muffins, lol! Woot! Woot! 😂

3 replies
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 OP April 22nd, 2023

@hardworkingStrings2265

Blueberries muffins are the best, sometimes though the blueberries can get a little too sweet when baked with a muffin though :( but its perfect when the tartness perfectly counteracts the sweetness of the bread!

3 replies
User Profile: hardworkingStrings2265
hardworkingStrings2265 April 27th, 2023

@sunnyWriting4806

Whereas I like it best when the blueberries are too sweet with the muffin. 😋 That's why I have to deny myself those fluffy treats to stay in shape. 😞

2 replies
User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 OP April 29th, 2023

@hardworkingStrings2265

Haha but it's okay to enjoy them once and awhile!!

1 reply

@sunnyWriting4806

Do you eat the chocolate chip muffins?

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: adoredPond2848
adoredPond2848 June 3rd, 2023

@sunnyWriting4806 I love blueberries with pain yogurt! :)