I don't really make "stir-frys", but have eaten them before.. I basically just like noodles and some veggies in mine with some type of "light" stir-fry sauce.
As far as salads, I love "Fruit" salads...... as far as a typical veggie salad, I suppose a "Chef Salad" would be my choice since its gotten a little extra in it like "eggs, or turkey".
@PoliteOcean
I also like noodles and veggies in a stir fry. Lean protein choices like chicken breast, shrimp, lean beef, etc., can add more healthful ingredients to this dish. Fruit salad is great as well, containing many vitamins. A chef's salad sounds nice and hearty.
I like caesar salad, salad with seafood in it like shrimps and salmon, and Asian-based salads with tangy sauce and chicken breast, and crispy wontons.
Hi Salads and Stir Fries!
Wow two very different meals, or are they?
Is one just a hot version of the other?
A salad is usually cold, sometimes warm and very rarely hot lol.
A stir fry is a wonderful way of having a hot salad. I must admit I use the trilogy (garlic ginger and chilli) in a little amount of oil in a very hot wok or deep pan, and then add in sliced onions and stir for a ffew minutes then add crisp fresh vegetables cut up so they are in sizes that will cook at the same time, lots of red and green peppers, some Tamari soya sauce and little tomato puree and voila.
I never make the same one twice, just look at what is in the fridge, Yum, fast and very full of nutrients because of the quick hot heat.
oops that wasnt meant to be @salads and stir fries, I lost the line separating them lol
For a quick and easy salad/stir fry, I love to sauté fresh green beans in olive oil, salt, and pepper until just tender then pour that over a bowl of mixed greens or kale.
In my stir fries, I usually love fresh ginger, chilis, and garlic. Chili garlic sauce is also good to keep around! (Other things I sometimes use: curry powder, peanut butter, fish sauce, tamari, sesame oil.) For veggies, I like to have carrots, beans, water chestnuts, peas, etc ....I try to have a variety of flavor, color, and texture in there. Then I usually add in rice or rice noodles :)
For salads, I like to have spinach or young greens if I am having a sweet salad (like one that has fruit/almonds) and arugula when I want something with a little kick (like to add to sandwiches or to dishes that might otherwise be a little too mellow). Sometimes it is fun to mix in things like chia seeds, pomegranate, beets, sunflower seeds, or edamame! Eggs and cheese (for salads, I like crumbly cheeses like goat cheese or feta) are also good add-ins for protein. I usually have dressing on the side rather than mixing it all up together. That way, I get to control exactly how much dressing each bite has... and as a bonus, I usually end up making less of a mess and taking in less calories!
Why are you posting as Unknown? :(