Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Will Healthy Eating Make You Happier?

User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 December 18th, 2021

One research investigated the association between eating healthy & happiness to answer this question (Veenhoven, 2018). The results found that healthy eating adds to happiness, not just by protecting one’s health but also in other ways (yet unidentified). This finding deserves to be drawn to the public’s attention because people should know that changing to a healthier diet will not be at the cost of their happiness but will add to it.

Questions:

What do you think about this finding?

What is one healthy ingredient/meal that you would like to include more in your diet?

16
User Profile: Remina
Remina December 18th, 2021

@globalBraid3744 Great post and discussion prompt! Healthy eating can definitely make you happier. There is a link between physical health and mental health. When you are eating right, you are feeding your organs and they love you for that. When your organs and your health is at a good level, you have more time to do the things you enjoy, therefore you feel more happiness. I am going to tag @PoliteOcean for her opinion on this topic!

Hopie

User Profile: sunnyWriting4806
sunnyWriting4806 December 18th, 2021

Great post Braid. I definitely agree. Our mental health is increasingly shown to be interconnected with our physical health. Healthy eating is definitely one way in which we can improve our mood and outlook on our days. Fruits and veggies, definitely do make contributions to our physical health and mental health! That being said I really want to include more broccoli and spinach in my diet as they are loaded with micronutrients that support proper body functioning.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 December 19th, 2021

@globalBraid3744 Healthy eating has made me less tired and sluggish so it has definitely made me happier

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean December 20th, 2021

@globalBraid3744


What do you think about this finding?.....I feel that the old saying is somewhat true (that you are what you eat).... If we "eat well" then we "feel" well!... If we eat like crap, then we tend to feel that way as well!..... Food (nutritious food), helps us to feel better and feel good inside and out. While I also feel that its ok to indulge in our favorites every now and then. And that those things should be kept in moderation. Moderation is key.

What is one healthy ingredient/meal that you would like to include more in your diet? Dark leafy greens. I used to eat or incorporate spinach almost daily, and for some reason, I got away from doing that. Whether it was in my eggs, or in a shake etc.... So, I hope to start doing that again more.


Great post! Thank you for sharing this topic!

User Profile: reliableShip8997
reliableShip8997 December 24th, 2021

Yes, you are right, healthy food gives a person vital energy, beauty and a good figure. I also want to start eating only healthy food, but sometimes it doesn't work out at all. By the way, I recently found a great blog https://www.ava360.com/quick-amazing-tips-on-how-to-improve-your-health/ which has a lot of useful tips to help improve your health quickly. I think it will be useful for you to take note of this and try it in your daily routine.

User Profile: exquisitePeace7976
exquisitePeace7976 December 24th, 2021

@globalBraid3744

I would like to include more healthy variety of food in my diet.


1 reply
User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 OP December 28th, 2021

@exquisitePeace7976

Awesome! This is also what I am working on at the moment. Do you already have any plans or know what ingredients would you like to include?

load more
User Profile: KristelP
KristelP April 7th, 2022

@globalBraid3744

Sure! It sometimes the only thing that can cheer me up!

User Profile: SoulPitstop
SoulPitstop April 18th, 2022

It's not about adding healthy stuff or more food. It's all about "eating only when you are hungry," and that will save you.

We are currently consuming a lot of preserved and packed foods.

So, choose vegetables and cook them in a delicious way. Half fill your stomach and you are all set to go.

3 replies
User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 OP April 19th, 2022

@SoulPitstop

I think that it is all very individual. There is no fit for all. Some people do not experience hunger at appropriate intervals. I agree that people are now consuming lots of packed/preserved food, and it is important to add more veggies and not to eat till you are completely full.


2 replies
User Profile: SoulPitstop
SoulPitstop April 19th, 2022

@globalBraid3744 I'm not dictating. It's a prescription. Use it wisely. All the best. வணக்கம் 🙏

1 reply
User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 OP April 20th, 2022

@SoulPitstop

Of course! I appreciate you joining the discussion :) I wish you all the best too

load more
load more
load more