Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm in pain but I can't afford to get help

User Profile: calmLunch9427
calmLunch9427 May 22nd, 2025

A few days ago, I was stupid, I ate some pizza then I went to sleep right after because my sleep schedule is horrible and I can't fix it no matter how hard I try

Now I'm stuck with either constipation or a pulled abdominal muscle and I can't do anything about it. It hurts so much. I wanna go the ER, but I have no medical insurance, and I don't have a job either, so my mom would likely be the one paying for whatever happens, or I end up with medical debt

It hurts so much. I can't even breathe too hard or it hurts. It's this constant pain and no matter what I do it just won't go away

I hate my stupid unhealthy body but my brain just doesn't seem to want me to change. I don't know if it's my ADHD or depression or something else, but I can never seem to development healthy habits no matter how hard I try. It hurts so much, I hate my body, I hate my brain, it all hurts so much, but there's nothing I can do about it

15
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 23rd, 2025

@calmLunch9427

Can you go to urgent care?

User Profile: calmLunch9427
calmLunch9427 OP May 23rd, 2025

I don't know, butI did talk with my mom, and we will go to the hospital if I'm still in pain for a bit

I mentioned my worries about debt and stuff, but I guess my health is priority at the end of the day

User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy May 23rd, 2025

@calmLunch9427 you're right. Choose your health first. Debt can be taken care of after that.

load more
load more
User Profile: affectionateShade7072
affectionateShade7072 May 25th, 2025

@calmLunch9427 Sleeping is important, we need at least 7 hours a day sleep to recharge our minds everyday. 

User Profile: calmLunch9427
calmLunch9427 OP May 26th, 2025

I'm aware, I just struggle with sleep. Going to sleep, staying asleep, etc. Tho, I have made progress in the last few months with taking less melatonin supplements. I've heard taking them long term can mess up your circadian rhythm, which has clearly happened to me, but I haven't had to take melatonin in a solid two to three months now

load more
User Profile: calmLunch9427
calmLunch9427 OP May 26th, 2025

I just wanna give an update if anyone else sees this, I am feeling a bit better now. At this point, it's not a sharp pain or anything, just a bit of uncomfort, along with some pain if I breathe in too deeply, since it strains my stomach muscle more

I think I was just frustrated and hating on myself cause I was tired and in pain

Still trying to work on sleep, I think my problem is just that I have a hard time staying asleep. usually wake up in the middle of the night, do something, then end up staying up. I'll work on pushing myself not to get caught up in something and actually getting back to sleep

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 26th, 2025

Did you see a doctor?

User Profile: calmLunch9427
calmLunch9427 OP May 26th, 2025

Mostly Icy Hot around the area, and other "TMI" things that may help

I don't think the pain has been severe enough in the last two days for me to have to go

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 27th, 2025

Keep an eye on it, ice packs, etc. Be cautious and go to the doctor if needed <3

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: pinkKite8784
pinkKite8784 May 26th, 2025

@calmLunch9427

Hello, i'm sorry to hear what you're going through right now. How are you right now?   i understand your situation because i myself struggle with insomnia and chronic illness and i understand how frustrating it is. And it's totally okay and normal to be frustrated or upset. there'll be some days when your health is not so good..but there'll also be days when it's a bit better. You're not alone and i hope the pain will go away soon. Sending you support right now 

get-well-soon.gif

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 27th, 2025

Doggo <3

load more
User Profile: skincaregirl22
skincaregirl22 May 26th, 2025

@calmLunch9427... Hi, You can try these:

 A warm compress might relax muscles, while ice could dull inflammation. 

If it’s constipation, try walking slowly or knees-to-chest stretches (if the pain allows). For a pulled muscle, rest is key, no twisting or bending.

Sip warm water or peppermint tea. If it’s digestive, prunes or magnesium (even Epsom salt baths) can help gently.

User Profile: URLoved2131
URLoved2131 May 26th, 2025

@calmLunch9427 I hope this message finds you well. There are financial assistance programs available, you just need to ask your hospital. If you are in pain, please prioritize your health and safety over the potential medical debt. Debt will come and go, but your wellbeing is paramount! Love, light and healing your way! ❤️

User Profile: calmLunch9427
calmLunch9427 OP May 26th, 2025

I appreciate the kind words

And I will look into financial assistance if I ever end up going to the hospital in the future and can't cover the costs. I'm doing alright for now tho, just working on not straining my stomach very much and relieving the pain when I can

load more
User Profile: decisiveAcres2384
decisiveAcres2384 May 27th, 2025

I'm so sorry hope you feel better