Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Looking for an accountability partner

User Profile: JennB16
JennB16 July 22nd, 2019

Im just getting back into going to the gym after having my son 8 months ago. I was a 6 day a week workouter before getting pregnant and Im finding it so hard to get up the motivation to go now!

2
User Profile: SentuouslAtina
SentuouslAtina July 22nd, 2019

@JennB16 I'm in the same boat

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean July 30th, 2019

@JennB16

Hey there Jenn!...

I hope that you are able to find someone soon if you haven't already...

I know that it can be challenging after having a child to get back into the swing of things.... I think its awesome that you were so active beforehand. I'm sure it made for a much healthier pregnancy as well as a healthier birth overall?!...

Have you tried taking small steps to start out such as (Walking your baby in a stroller, or jogging/running)... Looking for gyms that offer "Daycare" and possibly hit up a "Group Fitness" class where you can be surrounded by others who are on the same health and fitness journey? (Often times even if you aren't a member, they will allow you to pay a small drop in fee for the day).......Some other things too are perhaps check and see if there are any "Mommy" groups in your area that perhaps get together and do some type of "meet-up"?........

Not sure if you have any friends or relatives nearby that would/could also be willing to take walks with you, help to get and keep you motivated in the meantime?.... .Even simply making a playlist of your "favorite" motivating songs,and going for a walk/jog/run etc... might help to get you started?!.....

Just thought I would offer some small steps you could take that might help while you are looking for an accountability partner!... Good luck to you on your Healthy Living Journey! We are here to help support you in any way that we can and are able... Also feel free to stop by our "WEEKLY CHECKIN" thread and help yourself to stay accountable through posting about your week. Even if you just need to "vent" about your week!

Enjoy your precious baby!~