Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mackrysia87 and Singercrystalspirit (This is a place where you Two "buddies" can help each other to meet your goals)

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 October 11th, 2016

@Mackrysia87 and @singercrystalspirit

This is your thread for your healthy living buddying. let me or @politeocean know if you have any questions :)

18
User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 12th, 2016

@HalliwellSister Okay! Hi @Mackrysia87 :)

User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 13th, 2016

@HalliwellSister Oh I found it! Never mind!

User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 13th, 2016

Hi @Mackrysia87 :) Nice to meet you entirely by chance in the other room this morning! I am really happy to have your support and I am feeling so much better than I was earlier. How are you doing? What are you wanting to do with healthy living?

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 13th, 2016

@singercrystalspirit

Hi again! Would you know how to find this for next time? I couldn't find it anywhere. 😒

I'm good. For Healthy Living, I'm in a challenge with close friends with an app called MakeMe and we keep each other accountable by posting if we made the eating clean, working out challenges we set up. It's for 4 weeks and we get one day off a week to eat what we want, that fits our specific guidelines. We just started last week.

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 OP October 13th, 2016

@Mackrysia87

You can bookmark this thread so you can always get it. Or you can on the app, bookmark the section the thread is posted in. Or remember that it is posted in this section and you can always search by your username.

User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 13th, 2016

@Mackrysia87 Oh that's cool! It sounds like you have some buddies! What do you want to work on with me? For me, I haven't exactly thought about it. But I saw that this was going on, I'm definitely interested in healthy living, and I'd definitely like some support!

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 13th, 2016

@singercrystalspirit

Sounds good to me! Would diet and/or exercise? Like being accountable? Work on discipline with not eating certain foods for a week or two and see how you feel and incorporate it back in little by little if you did see a difference? Measure and weigh yourself once a week? Take pics once a week? Write in a journal to see if certain foods affect your mood? I'm up for anything! Taking a 30 minute walk everyday for a month? Or get 10k steps in a day?

User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 13th, 2016

@Mackrysia87 I am trying to figure out what to do! I know some of my goals, but not all of them. I know I would like to exercise for 1 hour a day, 6 days a week. I know that I would like to learn to swim instead of always running (hard on my knees plus just want to swim). I don't have anything else specific yet. I have a history with an eating disorder, so I am figuring out what I ACTUALLY want (as opposed to being fixated on a number for just the number's sake). I know I am less than thrilled with my eating habits right now, but I am also working on being gentle with myself and learning how to nourish my body. I am also on a budget, and live in an expensive city. However I live far away from friends, so it's hard to meet up without eating out... I struggle with knowing how to be social without eating, grazing, binging, spending money I don't have. This might be one of the root goals to work on. Also... this thread is about more than diet and exercise, right? Is it about stress too? I need to check when I'm back at my computer and off my phone.

How about you? What are some of your thoughts and goals?

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 15th, 2016

@singercrystalspirit

This thread never lets me post my response.

I just started training for a 5k. I've always hated running growing up but since I've developed asthma this year, the inhalers have helped with my training.

User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 16th, 2016

@Mackrysia87 That is exciting! Is it difficult to do with athsma?

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 16th, 2016

@singercrystalspirit

It's great when I use the inhalers, which I have to use everyday anyway. I feel like my chest and lungs can open up more. I've always had good lung capacity because I've been playing the trumpet for 20 years.

I feel more confident knowing I'm doing a good thing for myself bc I used to hate cardio but now I'm getting better at it and it's good for my heart.

User Profile: singercrystalspirit
singercrystalspirit October 17th, 2016

@Mackrysia87 Wow that is cool! I have always wanted to expand my lung capacity, because I have always wanted to be a singer :) But I don't have enough energy in life to focus on that right now... *sigh*. I am soooooooooooooooooo stressed.

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 17th, 2016

@singercrystalspirit

Oh my goodness! I LOVE to sing! I've been singing since I was in Elementary School. In musicals and choirs. I miss singing in a choir so much. I try to go to a karaoke bar when I can but I haven't been in a few months.

You're stressed? I can listen and offer support it you'd like... I'm sorry you're stressed. :hug:

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 OP October 17th, 2016

@Mackrysia87

Hey!

I may need to get you a new buddy. :3 Can you tell me in a few sentences what I should look for?

You can talk to me in the meantime.

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 17th, 2016

@HalliwellSister

Awwww that's too bad. I hope I didn't scare her away and I hope she's okay.

I'm not picky at all. I'm open minded. Maybe someone who stresses with anxiety and PTSD and is learning to be better with nutrition and exercise?

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 OP October 17th, 2016

@Mackrysia87

ill keep an eye out on that for you. In the meantime how are you doing? How are you with your goals? Getting it done ?

User Profile: Mackrysia87
Mackrysia87 October 17th, 2016

@HalliwellSister

I've been sick with a fever this past week, acute bronchitis. So I've been resting and drinking fluids. But when I'm not sick, I get my goals done.

User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 OP October 17th, 2016

@Mackrysia87

sorry to hear that you're sick! I hope you get better. Taking care of yourself is also part of healthy living . :)

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more