@PandaK @mimameid @singercrystalspirit (A place for buddies to work on their goals)
@PandaK @mimameid @singercrystalspirit (A place for buddies to work on their goals)
Hello! I hope this works out for you three. I decided three is better for one when it comes to this, especially since you're all members it can be helpful to have three people. <3
Let me know if you have any questions! <3
Hello there you two! Glad to meet you. :) Im currently a "super senior" struggling through my last semester or so of my undergraduate. I have a lot of trouble with eating regularly and getting the right food groups throughout the day. School and stress definitely do not help with these lol.
Aww, sure we an help you stay on track @PandaK. Also, I do not mind doing the awareness challenge just as long as I get reminders hehe. XD we should def have a team name.
@mimameid
cool, it's nice knowing there's someone who shares the same problem that isn't really talked too much about :)
turns out the walk starts on Monday. Even if they say to walk 1k or 3k or 5k, we can make up something on our own.
Like we can set an amount of time to walk in a day, like 15 min. Or we can see how much we walk in a day. Do you have something to keep track of distance, like a smartphone app or some activity tracker? If you or @singercrystalspirt have ideas, please share.
As for a group name, let's try brainstorming: what animal you think eats a lot? :)
@PandaK @mimameid Oh my gosh same!!! To both of you!!! I have a bachelor's degree and I am in 2 community college classes trying to figure out my life trying to pursue a career I actually want, sleep is a big challenge, I have been gaining weight and am literally sitting here right now freaking out and panicking, trying to decide if I should drop my classes (I work full time too, or more than full time) (and I am single), trying to eat healthy but keep breaking my diet and bingeing out of stress... I have had a LOT going on in my life, just moved back home have a court date this coming week to get a hopefully permanent restraining order on my recent ex-roommate... I am trying to figure out what the HECK to do, whether to keep pushing through or whether to give up something... signed up for this because diet and lifestyle and health need SUPPORT!
@singercrystalspirit
hi there, so we're all single and in school (or almost out of school), wow.
anyway, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I've been there too. I couldn't take working at a job I didn't like anymore, which was why I signed up for school. Even if it was part time where I take one class at a time, I couldn't take it with the hour commute and now I'm living alone, healing from a broken heart. I hope you get things sorted out, esp with the court trial. Just like I quit work and distanced myself from the place where I fell in love, it's helped a bit other than I have trouble with eating more.
since you have opposite problem, maybe I need to change the brainstorming question...
@mimameid @singercrystalspirit
also, here's something to check out that @Halliwaysister shared with me: https://www.gainingweight101.com/healthy
its a webpage that lists out 10 healthiest yet affordable foods that will promote weight gain. Which ones did/do you eat? Which ones you'd like to eat?
@PandaK @mimameid Oooh well for me, my weight gain is VERY unwanted, so this isn't a helpful page for me xD
@PandaK @mimameid But it's interesting, I checked it out, and the majority of the foods on that list are also part of many weight loss plans for losing weight, too! Or just generally speaking considered healthy foods for maintenance too.
@singercrystalspirit
you saw @halliwaysister post up the web link for losing weight? That might help you better :)
but as I've said earlier and what you've said, less stress will help you out in the weight gain. Perhaps you've like to walk with us? That'll help lessen some of the stress. Plus it's very nice outside now in the autumn :)
@PandaK I didn't see it! Where can I find the losing weight link? I'll walk with you guys... god knows how I'm going to have time to exercise but I gotta get it in. I wish I could figure out some things to get off my plate! Thank you :)
@singercrystalspirit @PandaK
Wow seems like I relate to both of your experiences. Panda, I know what it feels like to have a broken heart :( was rejected real bad by this guy I really loved and it took about an entre year to get close to "over it".
I also have issues with weight gain due to thyroid issues and just plain too much sitting. I just started this weekly exercise thing with a friend but who knows how long I'll stick to it? Lol
Oh and I'm also still trying to figure out my life! I have a semi solid idea what career I want...but getting it is going to be the biggest challenge.
I Am going to search for some apps for tracking steps soon. By the way, I live in time zone CST , which is an hour behind the EST zone 7 cups usesmorest to give you all an idea of when I'd more likely be online to char with.
@mimameid Good idea. I'm PST. Had a rough breakup too.... Hugs <3
@singercrystalspirit @mimameid
im in EST time zone, so I was up pretty late and I just woke up now, feeling tired. Plus I've got girly issues that started yesterday. Wouldn't be a problem if I had been eating a good portion of food. Don't know if I can get up and go walking today. I should thou. Another problem because of this recent final group project paper I just finished with the course is I had very little sleep working on it, so my circadian rythme is way off, which I want to reset. And it only will work if I get up as soon as I'm away and then go to sleep at the time I want to. At least I think that's what i should try and do. If you guys have any better suggestions, please let me know.
@singercrystalspirit
hi here's the link: https://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20678467,00.html
31 easy and quick recipes to try
you can find Halliwaysister pick out her favorites under the Healthy thread with the same name as the article.
another fun thing that we can do together is try making the same healthy recipe with the ingredients we'd like to have and posting it here.
@mimameid what you think?
@singercrystalspirit
Come join us :) do you have an app to track your walking or something like a Fitbit? @mimameid I have used runkeeper because they don't ask you to sign up for an account (thou it means I lose out on other features of the app, but I don't mind as long as my progress is stored on my phone, which I do backup on).
i think what we should do for Breast cancer awareness (BCA) walk is walk for 15 min with tracker on. Afterwards, post how far you've walked. Should we do this?
@Mimameid singercrystalspirt
hey ladies! So I was looking at the runkeeper app and we could set up a "running group" that would connect us, except we'd be a walking group. Apparently, I could set up a challenge with setting up the type of challenge for us to walk daily for 3 weeks (that how long the @7cups BCA walking event) and invite you guys as long as you guys have the app and register for a free account (which I will definitely do for you guys). What do you think?
sorry if I'm throwing out a lot of ideas at the same time. I have the tendency to do too much, so if I get too much, let me know! But I am pretty excited about this (esp now that I'm a bit more awake).
@PandaK
I went ahead and installed the Running app you suggested, so I'm down for if we decide to make a running group. :)
@mimameid @singercrystalspirit
ok, let's try it out. What I need is your Runkeeper username. It can be the same as your user name here. I'll then invite you to our walking group. I'll just call it 7cups Walkers, unless you can come up with a better name :)
although I didn't record it, i walked for at least 15 min at the mall :) what a way to get me moving, lol
@mimameid @singercrystalspirit
oh, I also want to double check on the setup of our BCA walking group:
We're going to do a weekly walking frequency challenge, right? (Not by distance, although it should still be record by the app)
the number of days were walking in a week? I was thinking 7, but it should depend on our schedules.
And we'll be doing it for approx 3 weeks, until whatever the end date of the 7cups BCA event is (I have to check again, but it's like the end of the 1st week of Nov).
Let me know all this too! Can't wait :)
@PandaK @mimameid I've got kind of a different personal goal. My goal is to exercise for 6 hours per week, at ANY level, so long as it's for 6 hours per week. Ideally that's 1 hour per day on 6 different days, but I am flexible to "make up" the time on another day. I just started this in earnest on Monday.
@singercrystalspirit
That's great! I hope it's been helping you out with lowering stress levels - keep us up to date on your progress when you get the chance :)
I'm just waiting for @mimameid to see if she still would like to use runkeeper to keep her up & walking with me. i also have yet to start walking as I've been dealing with the usual girly body issues, which is just perfect timing :/
in the meantime, before I start up class again, I've stocked up on poultry for the next 3 months. I think I better find some recipes & get some kitchen tools to help me out. So much to do yet so little time, mostly because I don't give it to myself enough. I'm usually not full of energy.
@PandaK Thank you! It definitely does. I will.
Menstruation? What do you deal with during it? It sounds like something that is making exercising more difficult?
Poultry like... chicken and turkey? Freezing meat? I am going to try out some recipes again, too. For some more interesting dishes, spice things up a bit (spice ha ha ha ha). When do your classes start back up? I am in the middle of my fall semester... keeping thinking about dropping out, but decided to push through - what else am I gonna do, other than try?!
I have found that you must make time for everything, and the more you make time for, the more time appears....
Keep me updated, as well!
@singercrystalspirit
nothing too serious, I'm just over a month late because of my crazy sleep schedule (or the lack of it), so a little inconvenienced.
my next class starts up next Monday, but right now I don't have access to it online since I delayed on registering. Hopefully, the prof can help me out with at least giving me the syllabus.
ive frozen down chicken breasts & tenderloins yesterday. Also pork chops. I got veggies too both frozen & fresh, which I better plan on using soon before they spoil. Mushrooms, asparagus, spinach. I bought more pasta too. Oh avocados but their not ripe yet. Also got red potatoes. I did thought of ground turkey to make meatballs with avocado, but they weren't on sale. I'd like to try makin casseroles to freeze down.
It's fun grocery shopping, but cooking is what I struggle with. Starting with chopping veggies, onion, garlic, etc. - I need to get a good chopped that's worth the investment.
@singercrystalspirit oh, you're right, I need to make time to get things done. I just need to get my sleeping habits fixed cuz it's it normal for me and doesn't give me enough energy. Going to bed at 1-2 am and the waking up at 10am but not getting out of bed till noon isn't good.
@PandaK
Hello! So i am trying to figure out the way to work The Runkeeper app. It didn't really ask for a "username", more like just a name so I just put in my first name, Elizabeth. Is that what you're needing to add me? :)
@mimameid
I'll try it out with your name. If it doesn't work, I'll come back to let you know!
@mimameid
I searched and found a bunch with your name where none of them had signed up this year. If you don't want to set up an account, maybe you can set up the Challenge (bottom right corner button) for a daily walk for 2 weeks. My user name is PandaK. Let me know if it doesn't work!
Sorry you two I am currently on a trip and unable to make long responses. I will be back by this evening thought to talk to you all about this.
I have fallen off the wagon. I broke the commitment I made to myself, not to binge any more. I am not sure how to proceed.
@singercrystalspirit oh no, I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner. It's ok, we can help you. Perhaps you can recount how exactly this happened. Did you have a stash of food lying around? How are things going with you?
@mimameid
@PandaK To Do:
-Finish going through voting props and choosing
-SMC use a computer lab's computers to go through Onet and the other career resources. Take inventories, do searches, make mind maps.
-Map out current Christmas on google calendar and then re-arrange Christmas plans to include Frank's and Pher's and then update finances.
-Kelly, Kaitlin, and Nate's use laptop to write photo print analysis.
@PandaK @mimameid
Thank you! I ended up finding some resources both within myself and through the help of some people around me, including a hotline and my therapist and some friends and listeners and group chat rooms here.
I have been thinking of a lot of the root issues of the problems, and also of the strategies I have used that have been effective in the past and how I can apply them to my goals now (quitting bingeing).
My one small step that I am taking - well, I guess it's two! One is that I am only eating safe foods for me (avoiding foods I am sensitive to and that cause me unnecessary stress). I know from experience that this is more effective towards me staying healthy than it is to try and eat simply "anything in moderation". Two is that I am implementing the practice of fasting, 12 hours on the weeknights and 10 hours (because it's a balance between what I feel is realistic for my social life and what I would like for my health) on Friday and Saturday nights. For me I know I feel worlds better when my system is clean and detoxified and it keeps me functioning effectively.
My long-term goal is to gradually implement lifelong lifestyle changes that gradually add to health, NOT to do ANY more "diets" or "fixes", but to begin viewing life differently.
Sorry - my to do list accidentally got copy pasted on there and I don't see an option to delete or edit the post!
@singercrystalspirit it's ok, i didn't completely understand it (except ONet is a good resource in learning about careers), but it's good to have lists to keep track of what needs to be done.
I'm glad to hear you got help! All of your ideas sound really good. And I'm sure the fasting will work. I mean just look at me - no Mom's home cooking to stuff myself with because she'd wouldn't want leftovers for 3 months already and having only 2 meals daily for most days for the past 3 weeks - I lost about 10 lbs, which means I'm more underweight than before when I was on the borderline. Although I probably should be concerned, I'm generally doing fine health wise. So, I know you're going to be ay ok!
thanks for the update! For me, I traded in two new JCrew Factory skirts that I don't wear for a used Fitbit flex. Once I got it, I walked 4.4 miles this past Sunday. I'm in pain now, but it's a good sort of pain. It won't hurt as much later after I get into the habit. I hope to heal during the week so that I'm ready to do it again next Sunday. For now, I'm just counting my steps with my friends through the Fitbit app. Also, the Fitbit tracks my sleeping habits, which will help me get more sleep in too. It's all pretty neat, so I'm excited!
Hey @mimameid @singercrystalspirit !
Check out my new Fitbit Flex from my profile pic! Took it out for a spin this past Sunday when I walked 4.4 miles straight in 1.5 hrs at my favorite park trail. My friends were invited me in a weekend walking challenge, so that's what got me to get up off my lazy butt :)
@singercrystalspirit
@PandaK
hey you two! So I know its been quite a while since we've spoke and i just wanted to check in and see how December has been treating you :)
For me its been mixed. Lots of exam stress and poor eatin made my IBS act up real bad last week, but ive been takin stuff for it and its been getting under control. I havent exercised in a few weeks but the lst time i DID i could feel that my body has become different a little, if that makes sense lol.
@mimameid
hello, happy new year! Great to hear from you!
Sorry I didn't get on here sooner. I too had been swamped with finishing up my class, gift shopping, spending holiday time with friends, & .... EATING! A lot :) some of the food came from my friends' Christmas party, but I've been cooking up bulk dishes to freeze. Stocking up for my next class, which starts next week. I haven't been exercising either as I'd planned due to all of other plans & the weather getting colder. I've been a little more relaxed during my 4-week winter break.
i do have New Year resolutions in the form of this motto I came up with: Clean, Cook, & Create (Time to Sleep)
do you have a NY resolution? If so, let me know. I'll try to check in on here once a week!
@singercrystalspirit
Hey you three. Just checking in. Hows it going?
Hi @HalliwellSister Sorry I haven't been on as much since the new year (wow, time flies), but I've been swamped with class. Just finished last week & am about to start another next week. But before then, I'm gonna have a call with my professor who I had just finished my class with -- long story short, but I might be offered a job. Will give an update soon.
I'm sure my buddies are busy too, but thanks for checking in!
hope you've been doing well!