Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

No sleep is ruining my life

User Profile: KaleighSkys
KaleighSkys November 16th, 2016

I never use to have sleeping problems until I graduated high school which was just back in June. I started to notice I was having more trouble than usual falling asleep as it got into September. I was unable to start college this semester so that means I spend most of my time at home and sleeping in. I have a lot of trouble falling asleep on days I have to work which causes me a lot of distress since I work a retail job and am running around the whole time. I had to leave early once because I was so tired my whole body was just shaking and just the other day I had to use my last call out because I hadn't slept in two days. The problem is always that my head won't shut off and races with pointless thoughts all night. I've tried (edited by HalliwellSister for mentioning medication names) neither seem to work, they just make my body heavy and tired while my head is wide awake. More recently this week I haven't slept at all because I'm now getting very hot when I try to sleep even though I have my window open, fans on, wearing light clothes and using only a light sheet. I tossed and turned all night and never fell asleep, I have no idea what I could do and at this point if I don't sleep I may have to quit my job because it's impossible to do when I'm this sleep deprived. I don't know if anyone has any suggestions and something I could try or if anyone has has a similar problem because at this point I'm hoping I'll get so sleep deprived I'll just fall asleep.

4
User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 November 16th, 2016

@KaleighSkys

So sorry to hear that you have been struggling with sleep for so long. Sleep is definitely important, and not getting enough of it or getting too much of it can be harmful to your life. Have you spoken to a doctor about your symptoms?

2 replies
User Profile: KaleighSkys
KaleighSkys OP November 22nd, 2016

@HalliwellSister I have spoken to a doctor and my therapist, doctor recomended excersie and my therpaist has given me some breathing excersies to try when Im trying to fall asleep but it doesnt seem to work. Since I posted this the weird getting very warm thing went away and I've been sleeping a little. I looked into it a bit a found one thing that said it could be aniexty causing hot flashes which does make sense as to why I'd suddenly get so warm in a freezing cold room. Anyways I still have yet to have successful night where I fall asleep and stay asleep. Every night it seems I may stay asleep for 2 or 3 hours if I'm lucky then wake up, fall back asleep eventually and maybe stay asleep for another 2 or 3 hours. I can't remember the time I got a full nights sleep anymore.

1 reply
User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 November 22nd, 2016

@KaleighSkys

i am glad to hear that you have at least managed to get some sleep. It can be difficult when you're not getting sufficient sleep. Sorry to hear you still struggle with this. Hugs! Breathing exercises and exercise itself is a good idea. If you tire yourself enough during the day it might be helpful.

load more
load more