Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What has helped you sleep?

User Profile: amicableBeing32
amicableBeing32 May 25th, 2015

I have had pretty bad insomnia for some time. Some things that have helped me sleep include:

-Warm milk

-Deciding to set aside bedtime as a time to not think but just to sleep

-Exercise before bed

-My depression medicine is a sedative that helps me fall asleep.

14
User Profile: lavenderFarm4174
lavenderFarm4174 September 2nd, 2015

Reading a few chapters of my favourite book to help wind down, a cup of hot chocolate or warm milk and putting on some music. The music is mostly soundtrack, such as Harry Potter, or piano music from the album Islands by Ludovico Einaudi.
In desperate times, such as at the moment where I'm waking up during the night several times or just lying awake for hours on end, I've started taking some Nytol tablet - herbal tablets - to help induce sleep.

User Profile: lavenderFarm4174
lavenderFarm4174 September 10th, 2015

I've spent the past week at my boyfriend's house (he lives about 60miles away from me) and having the comfort and security of him sleeping beside me at night has had a massive impact on my sleeping habits. When I'm with him I fall straight asleep and for a healthy amount of time too and it feels wonderful :)