Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

WEEKLY HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN SEPTEMBER 23RD~

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean September 23rd, 2017

HELLO EVERYONE! Welcome to our healthy living "Weekly Check-in"! (The summer has ended for "Some" of us, and its now the FALL Season!) Are you ready for summer to be over?

How has everyone been doing this past week?

How have you been feeling?

What were your highs or lows?

What things have you accomplished or feel good about this past week?

What do you want to continue to work on?

What things or topics would you like to share with us this week? We want to hear from "YOU"!! smiley

Related image

@DancingAlong @AffyAvo @Malaya @YourFriendForever @Moj @AliNurse @RoseRael @sail46 @AlfalfaSproutDeux @JLantern @Zeraphim @Sadme70 @Countrygirl1231 @Gardenlady @mimameid @MellieTronx @lovingbanana5204 @DogLover1991 @fruityvision @Essdee @EllieKB @Windflowers @Alia2 @DragonFaerie @Cloudysummer @888Butterfly888 @Kevan @inventiveWheel @softFern50 @brightCherry8538 @intuitiveWest8187 @DavidMatt @bubbleChestnut3363 @mm13 @SwampWitch @strugglingmegan @Ravenclaw7

121
User Profile: Bluesetsky
Bluesetsky September 28th, 2017

Dtinking more water and eating properly

User Profile: Apollon19
Apollon19 September 28th, 2017

I will be avoiding alcohol and drinking fruit juices. Also eating more salads, and less hight-fat and oily meals

User Profile: RynnTheBedouin
RynnTheBedouin September 28th, 2017

I am being more intentional about healthy behaviors. I will be on here more, and participating, I will read my Bible and a very helpful book more, and soon, hopefully, commit myself to a healthy sleep schedule.

September 28th, 2017

I want to try and start going on walks everyday.

User Profile: Chinjutak
Chinjutak September 28th, 2017

I do yoga every night before bed, it helps me decrease my stress

User Profile: PumpkinSpice19
PumpkinSpice19 September 28th, 2017

I have a vision of working out and getting back into shape, but for some reason I can not seem to have the self-discipline to get into a routine. indecision

1 reply
User Profile: gregariousWest2180
gregariousWest2180 October 3rd, 2017

@PumpkinSpice19

I'm having this issue too. I keep setting my alarm to run in the morning, and then keep avoiding doing it. I'm a little better with quick exercises like push ups and pull ups. I really want a daily yoga practice.

load more
User Profile: swalker412
swalker412 September 28th, 2017

I am trying to spend more time with people. It is hard for me to find friends, but I'm working on it

User Profile: themainjane
themainjane September 28th, 2017

Just starting this today. First day on new medications for depression and anxiety. Winter is around the corner and I tend to need a bit more in that department this time of year.

Not ready to handle eating, exercising, sleep habits, drinking water or smoking.

But... I am going to start with housecleaning. Tomorrow. Today is a workday.

Living with depression you tend to let everything slide so dishes and laundry pile up, etc. Organization goes out the door. I might even water a plant or two.

My goal for this week is to clean this mess up!

(and stay on my meds)

User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo September 29th, 2017

My past 2 workouts were pretty much the same. How I felt during and after though was vastly different. I thought my energy was still pretty low today, but I got through the exercises rather quickly so had more time to do some stuff on the mat (usually that stuff tends to be at the end). Took a nap today but overall a better feeling.

I think the difference was where I was in with my supplement injections as I'm now down to every 2 weeks. I'm going to give it a full cycle, but if I start to feel poorly then I think it's time to go back to my doctor rather than waiting for my appointment. Kinda frustrating as I think it's possible this can also be a sign of another deficiency, treating one has the potential to mask others. I might end up at a gastroenterologist if this keeps up to find out why I'm not getting what I need from food. It's possible I'm having abdominal attacks that I'm not picking up on, not sure how much diagnostics can help me with that or not.

I have been doing a pretty good job with targeted stretching. I need to clear up some floor space & good vacuuming and get onto my foam roller too. I can't go all out with it like some, all that pressure isn't good for me. It is useful for certain areas though. Going to try to keep up with massages too.

I really sure would on my hydration as well. This past week there was a day where I realized I hadn't had anything to drink other than a few small sips until dinner. It's a fairly extreme example for me currently but a typical day I really do have trouble getting enough to stay hydrated. It is something I've worked on and I have improved - when I was in classes that example was actually quite typical for me multiple times a week. I drank a full glass of water this morning before working out which was good, morning is not a time when I typically drink much at all. I'm going to try to keep up with that before every workout. I'll have to figure out some other small ways to get it in earlier in the day the rest of the time too.

User Profile: TheresaWilliams
TheresaWilliams September 29th, 2017

Going back to the intensive outpatient program today at the suggestion of my therapist...hope it helps me get out of this mire.

2 replies
User Profile: themainjane
themainjane September 29th, 2017

@TheresaWilliams

Warm hugs to you. 💜 Hoping it is a big boost to your recovery and life journey.

1 reply
User Profile: TheresaWilliams
TheresaWilliams September 29th, 2017

@themainjane

Thank you so much! heart

load more
load more