Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

WEEKLY HEALTHY LIVING CHECK-IN SEPTEMBER 23RD~

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean September 23rd, 2017

HELLO EVERYONE! Welcome to our healthy living "Weekly Check-in"! (The summer has ended for "Some" of us, and its now the FALL Season!) Are you ready for summer to be over?

How has everyone been doing this past week?

How have you been feeling?

What were your highs or lows?

What things have you accomplished or feel good about this past week?

What do you want to continue to work on?

What things or topics would you like to share with us this week? We want to hear from "YOU"!! smiley

Related image

@DancingAlong @AffyAvo @Malaya @YourFriendForever @Moj @AliNurse @RoseRael @sail46 @AlfalfaSproutDeux @JLantern @Zeraphim @Sadme70 @Countrygirl1231 @Gardenlady @mimameid @MellieTronx @lovingbanana5204 @DogLover1991 @fruityvision @Essdee @EllieKB @Windflowers @Alia2 @DragonFaerie @Cloudysummer @888Butterfly888 @Kevan @inventiveWheel @softFern50 @brightCherry8538 @intuitiveWest8187 @DavidMatt @bubbleChestnut3363 @mm13 @SwampWitch @strugglingmegan @Ravenclaw7

121
User Profile: SpiritualDreamer92
SpiritualDreamer92 October 2nd, 2017

How has everyone been doing this past week?
I have been doing very fell this week, despite experiencing the biggest roller coaster called life.

How have you been feeling?
Insecure, helpless, tired, depressed, unworthy, unappreciated, undervalued, disrespected, heartbroken, abused, betrayed, cared for, righteous, loved, supported, jealous, angry, anxious, stressed, frustrated, angry, belittled, stupid, incapable, smart.

What were your highs or lows?
My high was finding out yesterday how big of an impact my words had made in the life of somebody I know. She told me that it was me who inspired her with the dream to become the singer she is today in her band.

What things have you accomplished or feel good about this past week?
I accomplished little this week that was really meaningful at all. All that I did was focus on tasks, and getting things done. I think in that sense the week was shit. But I did learn a new song for church in German and sing it perfectly, not to mention learning spontaneously on the morning of church the harmony for the part, which I know that not every person is gifted and able to do so, so I am thankful for that.

What do you want to continue to work on?
Finding a way to pursue an engineering career in Perth.

What things or topics would you like to share with us this week? We want to hear from "YOU"!! smiley
I am so annoyed with the managers at work, and how they are just so belittling of people underneath them. Especially my own boss. He thinks he is being responsible, when all he is doing is being constantly critical. He is critical about EVERY thing in life, and he rarely sees the good side of things and enjoys life without adding a 'but...' to every statement. He annoys the hell out of me, and I resent him for who he is and for not spending more time in the week with his family. I resent him and his managers for giving me stupid work to do that I've made explicitly known that I don't want to do, and then when they give me no support to do it because we are understaffed and underskilled, simply send out e-mails saying that the work is critical. Like 'every' other fucking piece of work. Ffs get your act together.

1 reply
User Profile: Papaya8791fruit
Papaya8791fruit October 4th, 2017

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. TOTALLY. @SpiritualDreamer92

load more
User Profile: Papaya8791fruit
Papaya8791fruit October 4th, 2017

I almost got fired last week, but I didn't do anything wrong. Big mgr came in from out of town and they interrogated me about rumors. Really? Why me? So sick of this place.

User Profile: Melygomez3
Melygomez3 October 6th, 2017

Being able to talk about it has me feel not so stressed out or upset. It has me see things I bit different yet there are times I feel that I am up and down but pulling through one way or another.

User Profile: swalker412
swalker412 October 6th, 2017

My week has been good and bad. I had a good day on Tuesday for the first time in a long time, but other days were rough. (I am dealing with depression, and Im also receiving ECT treatments.) My tough moments are really hard to Endure, but Im working hard to Think healthily and have healthy habits. Some good things happened such as establishing a better work schedule, and I had a good meeting with my therapist/psychiatrist this week. I am currently thinking about the possibility of spending a month in a depression rehab place. Though that is a drastic move, it might be a great jumpstart for me to get healthy.

User Profile: Melygomez3
Melygomez3 October 9th, 2017

I need to focus on speaking up and not being afraid of asking something that might be simple yet I may not see it simple. Being on my own is scary and trying to be the best in my job and everywhere else such as my cooking.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 October 25th, 2017

@Melygomez3

hi melygomez, just read your post, some time ago but i still like to reply.

what is simple to one person might not be simple to the other. guess there are also lots questions other people might see as more complicated whilst you eventually see them as simple. deciding to self-improve is a big step forward, you have all reason to be proud of yourself, i surely am.

load more
User Profile: SpiritualDreamer92
SpiritualDreamer92 October 25th, 2017

How has everyone been doing this past week?
I have been doing very average this week.

How have you been feeling?
Constantly tired and drained. I can't figure out why.

What were your highs or lows?
My high was finding out I got an interview for my friends company in two weeks. My lows are just feeling groggy and shit and sick and being around people who all hate our company.

What things have you accomplished or feel good about this past week?
I have not accomplished much, I think. I felt good about nothing that I've done, aside from cooking a good dinner last night of frie rice and chicken. I also accomplished buying new headphones for myself after work. If that counts.

What do you want to continue to work on?
Improving my quality of life.

What things or topics would you like to share with us this week? We want to hear from "YOU"!! smiley
Ah I have my first interview tomorrow in a company that I don't even know I should join. I'm only determined because they are offering me a nice sum of money and it seems (on the website) that they have lots of career opportunities as well in the company. Except I am just so nervous and everything that I can't shake off all my feelings. I'm worried.

3 replies
User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen October 26th, 2017

@SpiritualDreamer92, good luck with your interview. Remember that you can ask questions, too. So have some questions in the back of your mind that will help you determine if this company is the right fit for you. I hope it all goes well. *hugs*

2 replies
User Profile: SpiritualDreamer92
SpiritualDreamer92 October 28th, 2017

@BridgetAileen Thanks Bridget! The interview went well - the interviewer was really impressed with my German skills and she was really excited to have me on her team. She said that I will get contacted again on Monday, to organize a time for the second interview, so it looks like it's going well. Hopefully I get some good project offerings!

1 reply
User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen October 28th, 2017

@SpiritualDreamer92, that's awesome! I'd love to know how it all goes. :)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen October 25th, 2017

How has everyone been doing this past week?

Feeling so much better this past week. I caught a cold right at the beginning of October. I hate colds. There's so little I can do to feel a *lot* better. Anything I do only helps a little. And there's really not much to be done to speed it up, either. I'd rather get a good ol' stomach virus and get it over with! LOL! wink

How have you been feeling?

I recently began eating plant-based and enjoy it. I feel less bloated, have fewer stomach and intenstinal upsets, and feel better in general. Somehow, I've gotten my days and nights pretty much turned around (during the cold because I was up all night coughing like a fiend and couldn't sleep...even with medicine). So now I need to get back to a "regular" schedule. I had a short bout of depression, but was able to catch it and turn it around within a few days. But I know the difficult time of year is coming up and that I need to stay on top of it. When I don't, all my healthy habits go by the wayside. surprise

What were your highs or lows?

I can't really say I had highs and lows. Well, one low was on Saturday when I tried going to a veggie festival but never could find any parking. I drove around and around and couldn't find one single place to park. I was so bummed and cried on the way home. But I got over it pretty quickly. Other than that, I pretty generally just feel....bland? numb? medium? just there? Not bad, but not excited/happy/etc. I'm OK with that.

What things have you accomplished or feel good about this past week?

I started eating plant-based on August 25, and I'm still enjoying that a lot. I am not having a difficult time with cravings or missing things in my diet. I'm really pleased about that. Sometimes I find that I wish I already had a lot of "go to" recipes for plant based meals, but I'll get there. I actually won a recipe book (Veganomicon) this past weekend, and it should be coming to me in the mail. So happy about that!

What do you want to continue to work on?

I plan to continue to work on my plant-based eating.

What things or topics would you like to share with us this week? We want to hear from "YOU"!! smiley

That's really about all I have to say. LOL!

2 replies
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP October 26th, 2017

@BridgetAileen

Hey Bridget!

Great to hear from you! This is a wonderful check-in.....

So, with you doing a plant-based diet, do you consider yourself a Vegetarian/Vegan ? Was just wondering. .Sounds like this is going really well for you! Its great that you have been able to incorporate that into your Healthier Living lifestyle.

Sounds like you have your depression concerns mostly "in check' as well! Thats wonderful for you... I'm sure the dietary changes that you have made are helping with that... The rest such as (your sleeping habits) will eventually catch-up! lol

Keep up the great work that you have been doing. Its really great to hear from you! Thank you for catching us up-to-date and letting us know how you've been doing!

1 reply
User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen October 26th, 2017

@PoliteOcean...huge, huge, huge hugs!!!!! heartheartheart

Goodness I've missed you!!!!!!

I suppose I would be technically vegetarian rather than vegan since I'm not doing the entire lifestyle thing (leather, silk, body care products, etc.). It's not that I may not ever eliminate those. I might, I might not. I'm not sure at this point. But I decided after watching some documentaries to give up meat, dairy, eggs, and honey in my diet. I haven't been perfect, but I've done really well. I think I decided to try it on August 23 and started on August 25. So I didn't give myself a lot of time to think about everything or to prepare the kitchen. LOL But it has worked out pretty well so far. The nice thing is that I already enjoy most all of those foods, it was just a matter of eliminating some. I miss dairy and eggs the most, but I don't crave them. Or at least I haven't yet. Right now I use a lot of dairy and meat alternatives. Hopefully, I'll progress to more of a Whole Foods Plant-Based diet with virtually no processed foods at all. It's just that the alternatives are so convenient right now as I transition to a different type of food prep. I can fall back on some familiar recipes/meals with a few substitutions. But I really do want to get away from that. The less processed, the better. That's the goal at this point, at any rate.

The depression is being held at bay so far. I know the most difficult time of year is coming up...December - February. So whatever I can do to improve where I am now will only help as the "winter blues" season approaches. I really do need my sunlight! The amount of sunlight makes a huge difference for me.

More hugs!

load more
load more