Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do you like to look at shooting stars ?

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence August 12th, 2017

One of the nicest pastimes is to look at some events nature offers us !

Sunrises, sunsets, the moon and shooting stars can be part of the beautiful moments we all can enjoy! Having time to observe them is a good chance, like it is for a hobby we like.

These days it's possible to admire shooting stars more than usual and for those in US here it is a link about that : here

And now a clarification :

What is a shooting star?

Shooting stars look like stars that quickly shoot across the sky, but they are not stars. A shooting star is really a small piece of rock or dust that hits Earth's atmosphere from space. It moves so fast that it heats up and glows as it moves through the atmosphere. Shooting stars are actually what astronomers call meteors. Most meteors burn up in the atmosphere before they reach the ground. However, once in a while a meteor is large enough than some of it survives and reaches Earth's surface. Then it is called a meteorite.

Enjoy the night-sky ! laugh

51
User Profile: Emily619
Emily619 August 13th, 2017

Yesss! There's a meteor shower soon closeby to where I am awhile after the eclipse, so it'll be exciting!

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 13th, 2017

@Emily619

That's awesome Emily ! laugh

load more
User Profile: SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES
SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES August 23rd, 2017

I have not been lucky enough to ever see one, however it would be straight up my alley !

load more
User Profile: ExampleMemberForTesting
ExampleMemberForTesting August 23rd, 2017

@ilenia5 - do you make wishes on them?

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 23rd, 2017

@ObviouslyKrink

Nice question! I like it!

Yes, i do cheeky

I like to link to shooting stars vision a positive thought...things i wish to myself!

User Profile: ExampleMemberForTesting
ExampleMemberForTesting August 24th, 2017

@ilenia5 - very nice. btw that was me in my test member account :)

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 25th, 2017

@ObviouslyKrink

Oh ok !

Well, beside the test, i wait for you to share about shooting stars !

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Pleiades20
Pleiades20 August 24th, 2017

I wish I could see shooting stars where I live! I've only seen them when I've been in really rural areas, like the summers I went to camp.

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 24th, 2017

@Pleiades20

Yes sure!!

I also can better enjoy this when i am in rural areas. yes

Big cities have too many lights and high buildings indecision

load more
User Profile: KrinkTheMellowUnicorn
KrinkTheMellowUnicorn August 29th, 2017

@ilenia5 - I do like them when I see them. They go by so quickly.

I also love fireflies :D

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 29th, 2017

@KrinkTheMellowUnicorn

Yes sure, they go by quickly!

Fireflies are so beautiful, but rarer where i live !

load more
User Profile: Kerry88
Kerry88 September 1st, 2017

I love them but I haven't seen one in years. I love stars in general too :)

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP September 1st, 2017

@Kerry88

Nice!! It's awesome indeed! laugh

load more
User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow September 1st, 2017

Like them ohhh I love them....

My magical moment... I was on a Spiritual Retreat up in the mountains and just

as I opened my eyes after a deep and intense meditation I look up in the sky and voila I

see a shooting star, was so special n magical, to say the least !!!

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP September 1st, 2017

@RideaRainbow

Yup!

That's the magic sensation we can sense from nature's spectacle!

Fulfilling....is not it?

User Profile: RideaRainbow
RideaRainbow September 1st, 2017

@ilenia5

Absolutely 100%

We were 15 of us doing a group meditation out in the open amidst the mountains and

only two of us opened our eyes at the same time to witness the shooting star....

Can't put the experience into words.... just a state of utter wowwww !!!

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP September 1st, 2017

@RideaRainbow

...and what makes it WOW is also that it has been....SHARED.... yes heart

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: gregariousWest2180
gregariousWest2180 September 26th, 2017

I saw a shooting star on my drive home last night. It gave me a moment of amazement and distracting from my internal monologue/dialogue.

I made a wish...

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP September 26th, 2017

@gregariousWest2180

Amazing!!

I hope the wish will come true ! smiley yes

load more
User Profile: RamonaWinchester
RamonaWinchester September 26th, 2017

Yes. I love it. The only thing is.. the others.. my friends or family... they don't understand. But it calms me down... looking at the infinity of the universe

Its just beautiful <3

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP September 26th, 2017

@RamonaWinchester

Nice!

Well, you can still enjoying it, also by your own! yes

User Profile: RamonaWinchester
RamonaWinchester September 26th, 2017

@ilenia5 I can. I do. But everything feels better when you have people who do it with you and enjoy it as well <3 :)

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP September 26th, 2017

@RamonaWinchester

Sure, i understand what you mean.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: WishfulThinking008
WishfulThinking008 November 3rd, 2017

Yesss I love it! I always want to be able to lie on the ground with someone and watch the night sky.

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP November 3rd, 2017

@WishfulThinking008

Yes ! That's simply amazing !! yes

load more