Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Understanding Your Gifts and Strengths from the MBTI (Discussion 2)

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM June 29th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 1, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-
Hello Leadership Crew!

I have just gone through the introduction thread and read about all of you. If you havent yet introduced yourself, then please stop by and share a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Im encouraged by all the great people that have joined. This should be a fun and enriching program!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;
b) work that is interesting to you; and
c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths â things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress. Â

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Last, when people interact with one another, it makes the course more enriching and it allows us to learn more about one another. In addition to posting in the thread, please also be sure to respond in a helpful and positive way to at least 3 other comments in this thread.

You can also ask any questions in this thread and well respond to them as well.

Very excited to kick this off with all of you!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.


This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

1455
User Profile: CelestialSapphire
CelestialSapphire October 24th, 2022

1. What is your personality type? CosmicMiracle is an INFJ-A: The Assertive Advocate :)

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself? I've always known I'm INFJ; I was profiled during my uni days and it's always been this personality type. More than half of what was written about INFJs is on point, especially about finding fulfilment in intangible things like helping people and doing good. At least I try.

There's this great and inspiring speech by Wentworth Miller years ago at a Human Rights event. The statement that struck a chord and pulled on my heartstrings at that time became a mantra for me to this day. "Let me be to someone what no one was for me."

I've always aimed to be someone for everyone I come across. I guess that's on point for an INFJ. :)

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them. Apparently, I'm creative, insightful, and principled.

Creative, I agree, because it is very important to me that I am given the space and opportunity to express myself. My thoughts and emotions are usually non-conforming and it is easier for me to see the bigger picture outside the box than the finer details. Give me data, give me technology, give me anything non-art and I can turn that into something creative and unusual lol. What can I say? I spread weirdness.

Insightful, I agree, because I'm a very sensual person and all my senses are present when I communicate and connect with people and situations. A conversation with me goes like this: I don't just hear the words you're saying, I also hear the ones you don't say. I read your gestures, aura, energies, breathing, posture, reactions to what I say, and facial expressions. I stare at you, inhale your presence, reach out and offer a human touch if I feel it's welcome, and listen with my mind and heart. I think it also helps that I'm a highly intuitive empath.

Principled, I agree, because my beliefs aren't just a by-product of how I was raised or what I learned in school. It's a culmination of life experiences, all of it went through a very personal and intense process of trial and error, and just an overall journey to self-discovery and self-identity. I am very open-minded about how other people think and feel and how they perceive things in general. I respect everyone by default. But my principles took decades to form and I stand by them regardless.

1 reply
User Profile: Rehan1
Rehan1 December 6th, 2022

@CosmicMiracle

good to learn about INFJ-A personality type.

load more
October 31st, 2022

1 ESFJ-A / ESFJ-T consul

2 i knew most of things already but the strong but the Strong Practical Skills surprise me.

3 a


Strong Sense of Duty. I am really good at getting things done on time.

B

Good at Connecting with Others . I am really good around people.

C Strong Practical Skills

I am really good at keeping track of things I need to do.




User Profile: Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall
Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall November 4th, 2022

@GlenM

My personality type is the logician INTP-A

I learned that I’m actually a person who has a more logical thinking than I thought XD, but before this one i used to be an infp, then an istp and now an intp. Is interesting how people change over time.

Some of my strengths based in my personality type is being open-minded, original and analytical.

This was really fun to do 🌿🌱

1 reply
User Profile: chocolatebunnyy
chocolatebunnyy November 17th, 2022

@Alwayssleepyfornoreasonatall

it's cool you found which personality type described you the best

good job :)

load more
User Profile: artemis2223
artemis2223 November 4th, 2022

INFP-J because I'm turbulent, easily stressed


I learned that I do my best in understanding other points of view and include them in my overall view.

I learned that I am empathetic.

I learned that others happiness is making me happy.

I learned that I often meet deadlines and I don't plan things and follow impulses and work on energy outbursts.


I am high in self expression. Can express myself really easily in a flowing natural loving way.

The gift of being really vulnerable with people in connections.

The striving to make the world a better, more connected and caring world.

1 reply
User Profile: Josh3889
Josh3889 December 1st, 2022

@artemis2223

Thank you for posting & I can relate!

load more
User Profile: zareya
zareya November 7th, 2022

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

My personality type is ENFP

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I am friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, and introspective.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

My top 3 strengths according to this test are curiosity, perceptive, and excellent communication. I am fascinated by things, sensitive to feelings and needs, and a caring listener with the ability to have good conversations with others.

1 reply
User Profile: pinkpineapple123
pinkpineapple123 November 15th, 2022

@zareya

that is so fun to learn those things about youself

load more
User Profile: BenittaJ
BenittaJ November 14th, 2022

@GlenM

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

Ans: INTP - T logician

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

Ans: fewer social circle with deeper meanings.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Ans:

1. I Do prospecting than judging.

2. Thinking.

3. Intuitive.

User Profile: pinkpineapple123
pinkpineapple123 November 15th, 2022
Adventurer
ISFP-T
i am mostly observant, i feel a lot oof peaple emotions
Charming i can strick up a good converstantion at first ,Sensitive to Others- easily relate to others’ emotions, ,Passionate-quiet shyness beats an intensely feeling heart.
User Profile: chocolatebunnyy
chocolatebunnyy November 17th, 2022

@GlenM

1. I am an INFP (meditator)

2.I learned that I was a really empathetic person and thought more about life in a meaningful way. I also realized that I had strong morals/beliefs.

3. I am idealistic, empathetic, and self-expressive. Idealistic means that I have an ideal way of looking at people. Empathetic means that I put myself in other people's shoes and understand them. Self-expressive means I express myself in different ways like art, writing, and music.


1 reply
User Profile: Josh3889
Josh3889 December 1st, 2022

@chocolatebunnyy

Thank you for teaching me about INFP! : )

load more
User Profile: Immakindlistener22
Immakindlistener22 November 28th, 2022

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters, please.

INTJ - Architect

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

i have a rare personality type, I like to do things on my own

3. Top 3 Strengths

independent: creative and self motivated. Strive to do things on their own

Curious: opened to new ideas, rational and skeptical.

Determined: ambitious and goal oriented



2 replies
User Profile: Josh3889
Josh3889 December 1st, 2022

@Immakindlistener22

Yes Architects are rare, you are one of a kind : )

User Profile: Rehan1
Rehan1 December 6th, 2022

@Immakindlistener22

you have a such a great personality, its good to be on our own as in this world we cant depend on anyone.

load more
User Profile: Josh3889
Josh3889 December 1st, 2022

@GlenM

Hello everyone,

1. I am a Consul (ESJF) not a surprise at all!

2. I did not learn much about myself besides the fact that I have a really caring heart & a want to help others. Some of the questions I could not relate to like the one about viewing art museums & that is okay.

3. Some of my super-powers according to the test could be the following:

  1. Caring: I care so much about peoples feelings if they are strangers or life long friends.
  2. Social: I am a very social person, I have the power to strike a conversation with anyone & everyone.
  3. Making Things Better: I can take any disaster & make it a positive for others. Lol yes I still have feelings but I do my best to take any situation & really make the best of it.