Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you new to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support Community in September? Join in and say hi!

User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener September 1st, 2023

Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support forums! I'm Emotions, I am a community mentor leader and chatroom moderator for the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support sub-community here on 7 Cups. It’s great to have you join our subcommunity. I look forward to connecting with you both here in the forums and/or in group chat.

When looking around the forums, I recommend using the topic filters as a good place to start. By filtering for discussion and resources you may find a variety of discussions on different topics that affect LGBTQ+/MOGII people.

There are lots of fun threads and games where you can join in, or maybe you can create a new one. If you’d like to be notified about check-ins, discussions and other fun events here in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support sub-community, think about adding yourself to the subcommunity taglist here!

Maybe you prefer group chats, if so, teens click here, or adults click here, to join us in the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support Chat room. You can also check the community calendar here to find out about upcoming scheduled discussions.


Please take a moment to introduce yourself?

  • If you want to share, do you identify with any LGBTQ+/MOGII labels? What are your pronouns?

  • September often means it’s time to head back to school or work, if you are LGBTQ+/MOGII, are you out at school/work? Do you want to be?

  • So what would you say brought you to our LGBTQ+/MOGII Support subcommunity? What are you hoping to find?



come-on-in-and-join-us_1693580434.png

[Image reads “Come on in and join us!” on a background of wooden slats stained in rainbow colours ]



Tagging our newest subscribers:

@Spr1nkls12 @aemxno @human0hal @lelesbean @53924 @rosetinted80s @smallville1979 @PrideSc0rpi0nChan @noodles26 @dynamicPlace3907 @Kikoguin @dapperJet2925 @growingthoughts @romanities @rainyfridayfires @Flowers97 @emotionalCherry9835 @romanity @sadst0nerirl19 @politeGrapefruit1800 @cyanPlane9770 @sunnyCat9558 @Wolfie5001 @generousTortoise5707 @koko2424 @AriaC @powerfulOcean4472 @RubyRai @Elliot233 @courteousCoconut2519 @Mars907 @gracefulDay3692 @NoraMindheart @LostinTranslation90 @musoke @emilyv93 @MENTALLYWELL @bermudasChariot

32
User Profile: EirwenAri
EirwenAri September 2nd, 2023

Hello! I'm Eirwen or Ari and am a Nonbinary Transmasc :3 I use he/him pronouns, and am also bisexual and demisexual

I'm heading back to highschool in just under a week

I came here because I need as much support as I can get while still closeted from my immediate family. I've been thankful for the support group I have at school, but as my sibling now joins me in high school, the freedom I've had with wearing pronoun pins and more boldy expressing my identity is almost entirely cut off. So I'm here, finding those amazing people who support LGBTQ+ because I know they exist :3

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 4th, 2023

@EirwenAri

Hello and welcome!

School can be difficult, though it sounds like you are able to get more support as school than at home, hopefully you'll be able to find a way to navigate the situation as your sibling joins you without school becoming a place you aren't able to be yourself. Perhaps your sibling may even understand better than the rest of your immediate family? Either way I hope you are able to retain your safe space at school even while joining us here to have this space as well.

Hope you will find lots of support and connections here. Once more, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 4th, 2023

Tagging our newest subscribers: @turquoiseKite7849 @watermelon0basil @witchyyrose @CanItBeSai @Elliot500 @dapperBlackberry2921 @Candycane858 @EirwenAri @Smashkiz @davengalaxysunn @InsightfulPhoenix

User Profile: PestoPasta8973
PestoPasta8973 September 4th, 2023

Hey there!


I'm 34 and I'm not in the closet, but I also don't advertise my sexuality at work. If I had to pick a label (though I hate them), I suppose bisexual would suit me best. I'm currently married to man, so no one at work really questions me about anything. I hold three different degrees and work in a specialized field. My husband and I have an "arrangement," which I keep quiet about. He knows I have needs he can't fulfill, so I'm allowed to date women if I so choose.


I am a bit confused about the intentions of a certain lady right now. She is my physical therapist and is 17 years older than me. I'm 90% sure she isn't married and about 75% sure she's either gay or bi. We hold each other's gaze longer than usual (then again, I'm being treated for a concussion) and she recently reached up through my sleeve (t-shirt) and touched my chest under the collar bone in a way that set me spinning into a rush of bliss. Granted, she was putting an electric pad thing there to stimulate my shoulder (I'm getting treated for that too), but there was something about the way she slipped her hand in that drive me wild. She also blushes a lot around me and laughs at my jokes. How can I tell if she's just being nice because she gets paid to, or if there is something more?

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 11th, 2023

@PestoPasta8973

Hello and welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support Community! It sounds like you prefer to know yourself and your experience without labelling it, and that's more than okay as well, I'm glad you and your husband have an understanding that works for you both.

As for the experiences with your physical therapist, I really don't know, sounds like a situation where you may have to ask yourself what you want and what it would mean if you were wrong? Either way I hope you find an answer that works for you.

Once again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: InsightfulPhoenix
InsightfulPhoenix September 4th, 2023

hello my name is Phoenix, I am Demisexual Nonbinary, my pronouns are she/they. My favorite color is Purple and Silver. I adore painting ,drawing ,playing video games and spending time with my mini family

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 11th, 2023

@InsightfulPhoenix

Welcome! It's great to have you join our community here on 7 cups! Sounds like you are a creative individual, hopefully we can see some of your paintings or drawings at some point.

Again, it's great to have you here!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: davengalaxysunn
davengalaxysunn September 5th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Hello my name is Daven or Benjamin

I am ftm and my pronouns are he/him

I want to study to be a surgeon, im currently in high school

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 11th, 2023

@davengalaxysunn

Welcome Daven! It sounds like you have some impressive goals for your future, what makes you want to be a surgeon?

I hope you will find support and connection here in our community and on all of 7 cups!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 11th, 2023

Tagging our newest subscribers: @geckonecko00 @orangeBalloon9362 @Buzzingbeezon @shells7 @JayBat @WavesofKei @mawce13 @CalamityChris8780 @flybiguy @majesticCreature5447 @BlakeSpace @purpleCircle3967 @zoe034603 @mgutnayer @guage512

User Profile: NeedingSupportiveLove
NeedingSupportiveLove September 11th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Trying to cope with self acceptance. I ask direct questions on reddit to how to accept myself as someone with a conservative religious background but all i am getting is hate and implied criticism. I need someone who can direct me to resources i can use to help myself. The site used to have an advice section with videos ive used for other topics years agao but now i cant seem to find these now that i am struggling so badly with this,

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 18th, 2023

@NeedingSupportiveLove

Welcome to the LGBTQ+/MOGII Support community, self acceptance can be a difficult journey.

Sometimes within the community it can lead to difficult feelings on both sides, because when we don't accept ourselves it often means we don't accept others who wear similar labels. Ideally there would be more understanding about how difficult it can be to reconcile the messages we are taught with what we know to be our truth.

Hopefully here you will be able to find an understanding and space to work through your own thoughts and feelings. With that in mind what would you say is your biggest barrier to self acceptance?

Once again, welcome!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: growingthoughts
growingthoughts September 13th, 2023

I am a queer person (non binary bi/pansexual) and I go by they/them pronouns.

I am a psychologist and I want to find people who accept diverse people and people that are able to create a sense of community.

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 18th, 2023

@growingthoughts

Welcome, so glad to have you join our LGBTQ+/MOGII Support Community!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: avantgarrde
avantgarrde September 15th, 2023

@EmotionsListener

Hello! I'm a ?bisexual? (possibly lesbian) cis woman and I use she/her pronouns.

I'm a student, my studies focus on quantum mechanics, physics and chemistry.

I'm hoping to find acceptance and understanding here, as well as a community of like minded people.

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 18th, 2023

@avantgarrde

Hello! Welcome!

It sounds like your studies might take a lot of your time, those can be very difficult subjects, I take it they are something you enjoy? What would you say your goal is once you complete your studies!

I really hope you will find an accepting and supportive community here on 7 cups!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more
User Profile: amicableBanana3007
amicableBanana3007 September 16th, 2023

Hello everybody,

I am banana and I am a femme gay cis woman and I use she/her pronouns. I am closeted because I live in the Middle East and I am looking for a community that is accepting here because I can't have that irl for obvious reasons.

I lost my job early this year and it has taken a toll on me but I am keeping my hopes up because it's all I got

Hello again and looking forward to engaging with you

1 reply
User Profile: EmotionsListener
EmotionsListener OP September 18th, 2023

@amicableBanana3007

Hello!

I hope you will find a community here that will help that "closet" feel a little bigger and less isolating. It is unfortunate that for so many remaining closeted is also the only way to remain safe. It sounds like you are choosing to try and focus on your job and other aspects of your life though I can see how even a job you enjoy might feel unfulfilling when there is so much you feel unable to have.

Welcome to our supportive and accepting LGBTQ+/MOGII space here on 7 cups!
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

load more